Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130074 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 18:50:56 »

...and a nice touch by the Chairman to stand us all a drink in the Merlin at lunch time (while he was there for an interview with Shaun Hodgetts)!  "Thank You"  Mr Power.  In case anyone is wondering, there was no 'Billy Big Bollocks' stuff about it (as there would have been if it had been Jed/Ged).  He just had a quiet word with the bar staff, who went round with a note pad taking people's order and he then quietly left after he had done his interview. Pint  
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 18:52:27 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 18:58:18 »

I did like the fact that they started singing that they were top of the league...And then we scored.

They were quiet after that..

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:00:06 »

Think I must have been at a different game to Cotterill!

"Manager fumes as unbeaten run ends under cloud of controversy.

Steve Cotterill said he felt the pain of injustice after seeing his side lose their 22-match unbeaten run in a cruel M4 derby defeat at Swindon Town.

City’s detailed preparation for the top-of-the-table clash was thrown off course within three minutes of kick-off when Wade Elliott was inexplicably shown a straight red card by referee Darren Drysdale following an off-the-ball incident with Jack Stephens.

The resilience displayed by the visitors for the rest of the game was symptomatic of the qualities that the eight-month undefeated streak has been built on, but Michael Smith’s 78th minute winner ultimately secured maximum points for the Wiltshire club.

“The sending off is an absolute disgrace,” Cotterill told Bristol City Player.

“If anything it’s our foul – Stephens grabs hold of Wade Elliott by his shoulders and pulls him back, then he goes down.

“It looked a bit like that was what they wanted because they had looked for a few free kicks early on.

“They didn’t deserve to beat us; they couldn’t open us up.”

Cotterill, who later confirmed City will appeal the sending off, felt an overwhelming sense of pride in his players, with Swindon penned into their own half in the closing stages despite playing virtually the entire match with an extra man.

“I just said to them I couldn’t be any more proud of them than I am today,” the manager added.

“They were absolutely magnificent to a man and showed just what a team spirit they’ve got.

“The minute we lose a player our game plan goes out of the window. We wanted to get them high but we couldn’t go and do that because we didn’t have enough bodies on the pitch.

“The fans were fantastic as well. Everybody at Bristol City Football Club should be really proud of the build-up to the game, how we’ve dealt with an injustice on the field and how we were after it.

“I thought we showed really class today.”

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20141115-cotterillpostswindon-1790848.aspx#PCxjsfvtU0hk88qp.99
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:01:58 »

Wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:02:29 »

Delighted by the City fans' reaction on Twitter. Nathan T is the devil incarnate, for daring fist pump. Wade Elliot's headbutt doesn't get a mention though, so that's fine.

Cotterill is a tad upset too. Fun and games.

For the City fans who think this is our cup final - get over yourselves. We've just won a top of the table match against our nearest geographical rivals in the league. We'll bloody well enjoy it, just like you would have done, had you won.

The condescension from their fans is hilarious.  The bravado of recent days has been replaced by sullen insults and accusations of being 'tinpot'.

But there's a great irony about that.  The delusions of grandeur that many of their fans clearly suffer from originates from being the top team in a large city.  But what they completely fail to acknowledge is that a team with that catchment area - and an owner who habitually funds them to the tune of nearly £¼m per game - has no business playing in Division Three in the first place.

Instead of boasting about how 'big' they are, it should be a source of intense embarrassment to their fans that they play in our division.  Other sides with similar resources, as a rule, play at a higher level.  There's nothing to be proud of; quite the opposite, in fact.  A measure of massive under-achievement that they are where they are.

Bristol City is the remedial big kid who has been kept back a few years at school, and laughs at the other kids in his class because he's bigger than they are.  What he fails to recognise is that the other kids pity him, and that they're laughing back.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:31:14 by Ardiles » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:05:13 »

If, IF, it is true that Stevens fouled Elliott first, that does not excuse Elliott from lashing out does it? Assuming he did headbutt (or whatever), it's still a red card regardless?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:06:57 »

It's the way he thinks we still didn't deserve to win even if they had 10 men, wanker sore loser.
kerry red

« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:07:26 »

Fucking great!

Manager, players and fans all hating it - all in denial as if nobody should be allowed to beat the fuckers.

Just hope Preston do them over next week as well.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:09:51 »

Great victory today against a side who made our old friends Brentford look like choir boys. how they only had 1 sent of f was beyond me. that cunt Wilbraham should have had a straight red and Wagstaff ( who should have seen red last season 9 should have seen red. The first half was a typical derby game. the second half, however, we pissed them and got our just rewards. Great footwork from Smith for the goal ala Maskell at Tranmere.
MOM for me was a close call between Branco and Stephens - who was total shit last week.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:11:02 »

I did like the fact that they started singing that they were top of the league...And then we scored.

They were quiet after that..

And pretty much the entire 75 minutes before it. That was the only time I remember hearing anything from them the whole game. Poor support really for such a massive club. MASSIVE.  Too Cool
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:11:20 »

Uh didn't we open them up once and them a big fat no times? What a plum.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:11:20 »

I wasn't at the game, and can only go by the commentary, but for the first 15 minutes or so the impression given was City seem to adopt a tactic of late challenges and "roughing up". If so then there's always a danger of being sent off...would be interesting to hear further views of those who were there.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:11:25 »

The denial/failure to accept defeat will hinder their ability to learn from that defeat.  It will only work against them.

And by the way, you're Bristol fucking City not Bayern Munich.  Sheesh.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:12:34 »

Think I must have been at a different game to Cotterill!

You're not the only one...

1-0...and hit the woodwork a few times

“I thought we showed really class today.”

Unlike the manager...The word sour grapes come to mind.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
corner

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 19:14:43 »

I wasn't at the game, and can only go by the commentary, but for the first 15 minutes or so the impression given was City seem to adopt a tactic of late challenges and "roughing up". If so then there's always a danger of being sent off...would be interesting to hear further views of those who were there.
Yes this seemed to be their tactic gladly it did back fire it was also the tactic of the last home game against us in which they also lost!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: