Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 130069 times)
kerry red

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:43:23 »

Well, that was fucking brilliant in the extreme.

Just loved those first 15 minutes. Never realised they were such hackers - lucky just to have the one sent off.

And mega bad losers as well. Cotterill stormed off with no handshake for Coops.

Fuck knows what their goalie was doing after the whistle and saw first hand JET throw a few punches in the tunnel at the end.

TBF I thought City defended superbly with 10 men although we battered them 2nd half.

For the life if me, I couldn't see how another 2000 could have fitted in the CG. The TE was full, the DRS maybe had a few hundred empty seats and the Arkells was heaving.

Any City fans in home sections must have been invisible.
Flashheart

« Reply #211 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:44:37 »

They're interviewing SC on Bristol comms soon. Should be worth a listen.  Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:45:42 »

Cottrell not happy with the sending off evidently...

Headbutts are OK then. Cotterill is a fuckwit
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:46:01 »

12641 with obv 2971 slavetraders
Would take a draw as missing 2 key midfielders but can see a defeat looming ( tho being a derby anything is possible )
Red card for Flint or Thompson or even both must be a good bet
Today's attendance - 12,565 (2,971 away supporters) #STFC

Am happy with that guess and a red soapy tit wank just not the usual suspects

More than happy to get the result wrong
Up to 2nd  Pint
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:47:37 »

What did Peacock say/do?

fracas in tunnel

I'd bet that was Flint and the Thompson Twins. He and Nathan exchanged something at full time, not sure if there was a push there, then he went to shake Louis's hand who basically told him to do one Smiley Flint went away waving his arms.
--
As for the match, I didn't see the incident that lead to the sending off. Just that someone was flat out and the lino was flagging. City  really lost their heads in that first 5.

The first half was hard work. City looked decent/solid and frustrated us. We couldn't get into any sort of passing rhythm, and we couldn't get much joy wide as Byrne was extremely well marshalled and we mostly refused to use Tofolo. That said we did put a few good balls in the box from further out. City looked to hit the ball long, and forced a few corners which are always a threat when you have a lanky streak of piss of a #4. We dealt with them quite well. Stephens did OK in his new role too.

Second half we did much, much better. we tried to stretch the game wide, with Gladwin on the right. Byrne went more central. A thunderbolt of a shot cannoned of the bar as we slowly but surely started to push the tiring 10 men back. It wasn't vintage Swindon by any means, but City looked less and less of a threat. Williams added something up front and we went close a couple more times before Smith turned inside his man, kind of bundled past another and scored to send us in delirium.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:52:08 »

Just off walking to the CG, hope to avoid any Brizzles.  Commonsense tells me we'll get dicked about 1-4, but STFC are full of surprises. Prepared for anything......

Wasn't prepared for first minute sending off, but delighted to be wrong!

ust be the oldest
Flashheart

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:52:26 »

What did Peacock say/do?

He was on Bristol comms. He was blatantly rooting for us to win. Constantly praising our players and style of play.

Also, after the match, he was saying how good it was for him to see both teams at the top. He may have included Shitty in that, but him saying that he was pleased we are up there probably didn't go down well, especially not after today's result.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:53:28 »

He was on Bristol comms. He was blatantly rooting for us to win. Constantly praising our players and style of play.

Also, after the match, he was saying how good it was for him to see both teams at the top. He may have included Shitty in that, but him saying that he was pleased we are up there probably didn't go down well, especially not after today's result.

Good lad Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:54:23 »

Wasn't Flint in the tunnel - it was JET
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:54:29 »

Someone posted during the game that Peacock said he didn't think we were that great  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:54:41 »

Yay! Ave it.  Smiley Pint
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:56:37 »

Someone posted during the game that Peacock said he didn't think we were that great  Hmmm

Yeah, he did in the first half. He sounded disappointed when saying it.  Smiley He changed his tune in the 2nd half though.
kerry red

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 17:57:32 »

And as for the City hard men, saw a few of them on their toes in Manc Rd - pussys!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 18:01:46 »

Doesn't get a whole lot better than this for Town fans....and a clear week to enjoy it..... Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, November 15, 2014, 18:05:59 »

Yeah, he did in the first half. He sounded disappointed when saying it.  Smiley He changed his tune in the 2nd half though.
Peacock's ace. I'm surprised BBC Wilts haven't had him as a co-commentator yet. Or maybe they have and I missed it.

I actually find it really hard to listen the commentary (Swindon Town Player fuck ups aside) - it's too frustrating not being able to see what's happening. I'd rather see/hear the updates on Sky. Dowie was watching the game today and it sounded pretty damned good. It's a shame the adverts were on when we scored.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: