Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 81378 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:13:18 »

You'd also think that if they hope to keep Dougie that they have given him an indication of the plans and not to panic if there are all these departures.

After all  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWILhrSzw5o

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:19:05 »

Don't forget that at season's end we had Wray talking up Bodin and his use of youth team players. At the time, I just thought of it as one of those things that chairman say.....but maybe he meant it. A. N. Other looks a good bet for our squad at the moment.

I don't think they'll turn to the youth team (well not all of them!). Wray said earlier this month that an exciting signing would be announced, and I don't think he meant Smith and Devera! You can't release this many players without having adequate replacements lined up.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:22:51 »

I don't think they'll turn to the youth team (well not all of them!). Wray said earlier this month that an exciting signing would be announced, and I don't think he meant Smith and Devera! You can't release this many players without having adequate replacements lined up.

Think the exciting signing was meant to be Marvin Morgan....
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:24:25 »

Not sure Morgan could be considered an exciting signing! His goal scoring record is worse than benyons!
woolster

« Reply #244 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:26:19 »

one hot day did a summer not make Eek
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:29:25 »

Not sure Morgan could be considered an exciting signing! His goal scoring record is worse than benyons!

Excitement is such a relative term...one man's titillation is another man's tedium.  I'd be excited by Morgan....more so than some Milanese kid.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:30:05 »

Think the exciting signing was meant to be Marvin Morgan....

I'm sure he wouldn't patronise the fans with this signing!

Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:31:26 »

Excitement is such a relative term...one man's titillation is another man's tedium.  I'd be excited by Morgan....more so than some Milanese kid.

I'd be more excited if Le Fondre signed for us!

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:35:21 »

Another Town fan I was speaking to today told me Ken Ryder was close to sorting something with club before he left about bringing in Robbie Williams  ( Barnsley, Huddersfield, Stockport and Rochdale ) for a possible left back. No reason to disbelieve it as he has been released by Rochdale. Don't no much about him but he can play in defence or midfield according to wiki.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:35:43 »

Exciting is a proven marksman or a 'name' not Marvin fucking Morgan.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:42:01 »

Are there any proven marksman in League 2 not named Le Fondre?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:43:42 »

Andy Bishop

Things get better but they never get good
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:44:23 »

Matt Tubbs? Not much chance of signing him either.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:45:45 »

Izale Mcloud,would love him here.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:46:42 »

Exciting is a proven marksman or a 'name' not Marvin fucking Morgan.

This was how the Aldershot local press covered his expected departure lst month.  Even leaving aside the fallout between Morgan and the Shots fans, they're really not that sorry to see him leave.  Think we all know we can do better than this.

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/sport/aldershottownfc/s/2092552_football_rankine_in_morgan_and_harding_out

Morgan’s is the biggest name but he was never likely to be offered a new deal, after leaving the club in disgrace in the final throes of Kevin Dillon’s reign, in January.

Morgan ranted on Twitter that he hoped Aldershot fans who had jeered him “all die”.

Eventually snapped up on loan by League One Dagenham & Redbridge, few Aldershot fans will have shed a tear that Morgan made little impression at a higher level, especially as his apologies for his comments appeared half-hearted.

Morgan, who clearly believes a throw-away comment was taken too seriously, will crop up somewhere in League 1 or League 2 next season. On his day in League 2 he is a potent player and any return to the Rec as an opposition player would be interesting.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 20, 2011, 19:49:18 by Ardiles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: