Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Seasons Squad (2012/13)  (Read 81385 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 22:18:55 »

I'm the opposite. I'm much more comfortable. I don't want to replace like for like. I'll have the Douglas and Cuthbert from 09/10 but the ones from 10/11 - no way. We're moving forwards not backwards. We need players that are mentally tough not bottlers.

Chalkie, we all know they both had terrible seasons. However, don't you think the problem last season were the players we were missing rather the majority of the players on the pitch. Think of a decent centre half alongside Cuthbert and think of a couple of strikers that could score goals. We wouldn't be nowhere near bottom of the league.

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 00:34:38 »

i think we have said that all last season, not replacing the players we sold was the story of our season and we paid the price for it.

thankfully with the appointment of PDC new life has been pumped into STFC, next seasons attendances may be around the same as this season and hopefully the atmoshpere will be improved

Bring on Poxford bring on league two  Beers
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 08:09:36 »

Douglas > Timlin FACT!!!

I can only see two reasons to not offer Douglas a deal is money or PDC knows who he wants in that position.

This is the midfielder we were missing for years, it really astounds me that we would not contract him.

Though technically we don't have to offer him a contract, just take up the option for a further year.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 08:26:19 »

I can only see two reasons to not offer Douglas a deal is money or PDC knows who he wants in that position.

Or the third option could be that Douglas had stated he wasn't willing to drop to L2.  After all it has been reported that Wray told all contracted (and presumably all who would shortly be out of contract) that they could leave if they weren't up for the fight.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #139 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:15:45 »

The amount of people just ignoring the fact that Douglas and Cuthbert may have said they don't want to stay is staggering.Let's wait and see what happens before we have a pop at why they havn't been offered anything yet.

Players like Timlin and Lescinel are going to be squad players and if they go we just have to go and get 2 more players like them which is pointless and time consuming.

We are better keeping them we are league 2 for fucksake we are not going to get better players than them come to us just to sit on the bench.

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:29:57 »

timlin and lecs will play regularly next season i'm sure. i think both will do well.
what we will pay players i'm sure is the major factor in who is being released,whether that is the players,the club, or a bit of both deciding who goes.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:30:43 »

Nick Watkins said on the radio that the club will release details over the next few days on the other 5 players. So details will be more clearer as to why's then
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:38:45 »

Cuthbert does want to stay according to his missus, who likes the area, is settled, and has a job etc. I imagine Douglas will be next to useless if he's forced to stay for another year, he doesn't want to play at leagye 2 level.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:41:06 »

If Douglas leaves we will need a replacement (and imo that isn't Timlin).

We need another centre-half whether Cuthbert stays or not, unless we believe that Flint can be the leader that we need at the back.

Keeper & a goalscorer (to play alongside Benyon) are the other needs
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:54:57 »

I've heard a rumour that Derby are after Flint.  Only a rumour though but it'll be interesting to see what his future is at the club as he was a Wilson signing
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #145 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 09:57:37 »

as i said before I believe we declined Cuthbert and Douglas extensions on the basis the wages for the extra year were excessive.

Due to our relegation I would imagine the club still have interest in keeping Douglas and Cuthbert but want to negotiate a new deal on lower wages perhaps a new 2 year deal on lower wages instead of a one year option.

The club have nothing to lose anyway as they said all players are free to go if they want so if clubs were interested in them they would get to talk anyway, basically I think we are just trying to tie up new deals on wages that are more substainable to the club as opposed to not wanting the players back full stop.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 10:08:41 »

as i said before I believe we declined Cuthbert and Douglas extensions on the basis the wages for the extra year were excessive.

Due to our relegation I would imagine the club still have interest in keeping Douglas and Cuthbert but want to negotiate a new deal on lower wages perhaps a new 2 year deal on lower wages instead of a one year option.

The club have nothing to lose anyway as they said all players are free to go if they want so if clubs were interested in them they would get to talk anyway, basically I think we are just trying to tie up new deals on wages that are more substainable to the club as opposed to not wanting the players back full stop.

to me that doesn't make sense regarding wages for dougie and cuthbert. Wray has stated that all contracts are adjusted incase of relegation. surely this would fit within the budget of league 2 for both players?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 10:12:39 »

to me that doesn't make sense regarding wages for dougie and cuthbert. Wray has stated that all contracts are adjusted incase of relegation. surely this would fit within the budget of league 2 for both players?

Who knows what the clauses are regarding the option to extend. Maybe the reduction was a general clause while in contract, but that may not apply to the clubs right of extension when the initial contract expires.

Or maybe even on reduced wages the % of our budget is too big.

No point in second guessing.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 10:13:01 »

I imagine they didn't think they'd ever have to use the clause.

The other thing may be if they're paying di Canio a fortune they might want to keep the budget for playing staff as tight as possible this year.

Just speculating though, the way Wray has talked indicates they are willing to put some cash into ensuring we get straight back up and paying Douglas and Cuthbert a decent wage would be a necessary part of that.

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 10:13:31 »

if they think they can earn more elsewhere they'll go.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: