Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4th Test Thread (previously Squad for 4th Test)  (Read 14894 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:17:24 »

Kevin Pietersen (captain), Tim Ambrose, James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Steve Harmison, Monty Panesar, Ryan Sidebottom, Andrew Strauss.

Bit surprised that Bopara is picked ahead of Shah. No wait, this is England we're talking about... I'm not surprised at all.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 12:56:16 by Samdy Gray » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:18:42 »

England squad for Twenty20 and one-day internationals against South Africa:

Kevin Pietersen (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Samit Patel, Matt Prior, Owais Shah, Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann, Chris Tremlett, Luke Wright.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:19:43 »

Who is Samit Patel?

I think they're just holding the fort for the fourth test, the really interesting one will be the first test against whoever we're playing next.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:29:53 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samit_Patel
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:32:42 »

I've seen him a couple of times, looks quite a tidy player in the one day game. Can score quick runs and bowl a bit as well.
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:39:31 »

Tim Ambrose?Huh? How did he stay in the test side?Huh??

Samit Patel?? Wheres the conistency in their selection policy here??? Never heard of him
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:40:20 »

He was in the ICC Champions Trophy squad, apparently. Bit of a left field one there though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:42:14 »

Geoff Miller on the radio sounds like a right chump.

He's just said that he doesn't think Ambrose at 6 was a mistake. I mean, really.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 12:42:26 »

Kevin Pietersen (captain), Tim Ambrose, James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Paul Collingwood, Andrew Flintoff, Steve Harmison, Monty Panesar, Ryan Sidebottom, Andrew Strauss.

Bit surprised that Bopara is picked ahead of Shah.

No great surprise,Bopara is flavour of the month with the selectors.He's a very good 1 day player,
but hasn't looked a number 6 in the test match arena.I'd have preferred Shah,as he can bat
anywhere from No.3 to No,6.Unfortunately,for whatever reason he seems to have fallen out with
the selectors.

Samit Patel had a quick fire knock for Notts at Cheltenham yesterday.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:29:51 »

Has Hoggy died or what?

How is it our batsmen can continue on from test to test turning in one decent performance in 5 or 6 innings and cling onto their place, whereas a bowler has a couple of shit games and they're calling up the likes of Pattinson?
cib

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 17:51:17 »

He was in the ICC Champions Trophy squad, apparently. Bit of a left field one there though.

Is it left field because you didn't know who he was until today?! Is that because he isn't Bopara/Napier or play for one of the teams frequently on the tv so isn't touted in the media by gobshites like Atherton, Hussain et al?

Samit Patel as consistently played well in 40/50 over cricket over the past few seasons, and has improved in the 4 day game this season also, plus he is fairly useful as a spinner (improving all the time). Much like Graham Swann consistently played well on the county circuit for Notts and earned his call up, so has Samit.

Fatbury: who would you bring in to the squad to show consistency? The last time i looked we were a consistently average ODI side. Michael Pook won't sure up our middle order
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 17:52:12 »

another impressive display from shah for the crusaders today... It can't be long til he gets a bash, surely?!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 19:18:07 »

Is it left field because you didn't know who he was until today?! Is that because he isn't Bopara/Napier or play for one of the teams frequently on the tv so isn't touted in the media by gobshites like Atherton, Hussain et al?

Samit Patel as consistently played well in 40/50 over cricket over the past few seasons, and has improved in the 4 day game this season also, plus he is fairly useful as a spinner (improving all the time). Much like Graham Swann consistently played well on the county circuit for Notts and earned his call up, so has Samit.

Fatbury: who would you bring in to the squad to show consistency? The last time i looked we were a consistently average ODI side. Michael Pook won't sure up our middle order

Well I would have thought Graham Napier was worth a shout
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 20:28:58 »

No Denly and no Shah. More top stuff from our selectors (not).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 20:43:01 »

Entirely correct, yes. I don't follow County Cricket as much as I'd like (Read: Don't have Sky, no local team) so I only really get to hear about the players that get talked up by the media. I hope the guy does well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: