Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4th ODI  (Read 4000 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 07:49:39 »

i see then that no one is bothered about this, not surprising really!

just got up and england are all out for 237....didn't think that was too bad, but cork and thingy (forgot his name) are saying it just isn't good enough and that we looked on course for 300!  :shock:

india are just about to bat
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 08:37:20 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i see then that no one is bothered about this, not surprising really!

just got up and england are all out for 237....didn't think that was too bad, but cork and thingy (forgot his name) are saying it just isn't good enough and that we looked on course for 300!  :shock:

india are just about to bat
t

Looks like this one and the series has gone then.   Apart from KP and sometimes Freddie we're not much good at this one day stuff.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 08:41:45 »

more tosh from the one day side ....

but we are a bit injured on the whole so im not fussed ... its the Tests that matter after all
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 08:55:59 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
more tosh from the one day side ....

but we are a bit injured on the whole so im not fussed ... its the Tests that matter after all

I'd agree with that,  its just mildly annnoying.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 08:58:21 »

Blackers gets wicket!!!
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 10:03:09 »

2 wickets for Blackers .. shame he cant bloody bat!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 10:36:09 »

Beers shame we can't bloody play well and win a game.
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:26:28 »

Yes!, we lost again.  :evil:
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:54:19 »

Lets be honest we only have half a team out there so it doesn't bother me too much that we are losing.

And like people said, its tests that matter!
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 16:44:16 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Lets be honest we only have half a team out there so it doesn't bother me too much that we are losing.

Of course individually the tests are more important. But we are now less than 12 months away from the World Cup and we still seem unable to find any proper form in the one day internationals.

ODI cricket is still a fantastic spectacle and well under appriciated by the British public. I think we need to take it more seriously. But then of course Il contradict myself totally by saying the absolute focus for the next 12 months is retaining the Ashes in Australia. So who gives a toss about the world cup 3 months later!  
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 16:46:23 »

Would rather win the Ashes than the WC every time. Of course we want to see the team do well in the ODIs but when you have half a team of stand-ins what do you expect!?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 18:17:24 »

did we? well how come india got 10 wickets then?   thats no exuse for such a poor performance! i do care about the WC and id love us to win. it wont happen. in an ideal world id like to win both that and the ashes but we wont win either if we play like we have this winter.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 18:18:20 »

oh and for everyone who says ODIs dont matter then your stupid. if we were shit at tests then you would say tests dont matter  :-))(
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 20:52:13 »

Quote from: "Rich"
. in an ideal world id like to win both that and the ashes but we wont win either if we play like we have this winter.

we drew 1-1 in india with half our full strength side at, that shows a side who knows what they're doing. losing to pakistan was a big blow but it was part of the ashes hangover that test performances in india suggests we're over
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: