Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22999 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 03:53:34 »

when you make the patties use some spices and wort shire sauce then they will cook.   the outside cooks a little first but then just seals juices in.  The same with steaks.  even if you cook them well done they are juicy. Smokers are awesome dont have to worry about burning the meat.  I will put the burgers in and leave the house for an hour and still good to go.

There is something quite funny about listening to Americans trying to say Worcestershire Sauce (especially given I don't remember anyone ever using the "Sure" (Shire) bit at the end in England).

I also enjoy watching people cringe as they listen to me use my third expletive in a sentence.  I try and throw some English ones in, just to keep them from being to embarrassed to listen to me talk.  Damn really gets some people frothing.

On the game - you just don't beat Colchester away, you don't, ever.  Anyone previous results that show us scoring more than them in Colchester are just lies.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 08:34:05 »

There is something quite funny about listening to Americans trying to say Worcestershire Sauce (especially given I don't remember anyone ever using the "Sure" (Shire) bit at the end in England).

I also enjoy watching people cringe as they listen to me use my third expletive in a sentence.  I try and throw some English ones in, just to keep them from being to embarrassed to listen to me talk.  Damn really gets some people frothing.

On the game - you just don't beat Colchester away, you don't, ever.  Anyone previous results that show us scoring more than them in Colchester are just lies.
Hmmm?

I've always called it Wuh-stir-shear sauce.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 08:38:53 »

Easy. Woster sorce.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 10:09:47 »

I have seen us beat Colchester away, albeit not at their current stadium..  Michael Reddy in a hot vein of form to slot home for a 0-1 away win on a very cold and foggy Tuesday night.  I went on my own as Billy no mates because I was working in the area..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:44:58 »

I have seen us beat Colchester away, albeit not at their current stadium..  Michael Reddy in a hot vein of form to slot home for a 0-1 away win on a very cold and foggy Tuesday night.  I went on my own as Billy no mates because I was working in the area..

I saw an 87th minute Tommy mooney winner also at layer Road and also 0-1 that night.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:51:58 »

I haven't been to the soul less ground but last time I went to Layer Road "Living Doll" by Cliff Richard and The Young Ones was at number 1 and Big Dave Bamber got a point in a 1-1 draw on a Friday night in 1986.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 11:56:17 »

I have only driven by the place after they moved out and it was waiting for development.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 12:41:47 »

I haven't been to the soul less ground but last time I went to Layer Road "Living Doll" by Cliff Richard and The Young Ones was at number 1 and Big Dave Bamber got a point in a 1-1 draw on a Friday night in 1986.

If my memory serves me correctly I was on the pitch for a brief few seconds celebrating that goal.
Went to layer road a few times.
Detest the new soulless pit, however have seen us win a few times there previously.
Once in the FACup.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:22:33 »

Easy. Woster sorce.

Exactly.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 13:26:11 »

Remember a solitary Mooney goal at Layer Road a few years back. Always loved that ground.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 14:30:20 »

Every stand looked like it was held together with scaffolding and 3 sides had about 5 steps, proper old school non league style ground.

How the hell they squeezed 19,000 in there is beyond me.

There was about 2,000 of us in a 3,000 crowd in 1986 which is probably how Banbury ended up on the pitch and it was crammed in like sardines with hardly anyone in the home end.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 16:42:17 »

So the whole sauce pronunciation thing has made me more confused...I say it about 3 different ways since i really dont know how to say it....so much for English help  Cheesy

just saw that Grant has left the team.  Although he didn't play for whatever reason, isn't that going in the wrong direction?  the team needs to add players.  Is the behind the scene plans to get rid of him and now sign a replacement with whatever he was earning?

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 16:46:01 »

So the whole sauce pronunciation thing has made me more confused...I say it about 3 different ways since i really dont know how to say it....so much for English help  Cheesy

just saw that Grant has left the team.  Although he didn't play for whatever reason, isn't that going in the wrong direction?  the team needs to add players.  Is the behind the scene plans to get rid of him and now sign a replacement with whatever he was earning?

I’m sad to see him go but not point in keeping him if we weren’t using him. He was probably on the upper end of what we can offer players because of the transfer embargo and this will free up some money for other players (or at least stop us wasting money on a player who won’t be playing).
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 17:21:06 »

That must have been the one.
A few ended up on the pitch.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 28, 2022, 22:21:55 »

HT 1-0

FT 1-1

Att: 3,004

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Up