Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Ling  (Read 1972 times)
pride_of_wilts

« on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 00:29:28 »

Is the new manager of Cambridge United
http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10423~1735098,00.html
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 07:14:29 »

Wow, he looks like he's aged somewhat in those photos... perhaps its because I keep visualising him as a young player still.... ho hum, just an observation.

Good luck to him and all that, I used to date a Cambridge season ticket holder.... they were a comfortable Div1/Championship outfit at the time, she dumped me and it all went to bollocks for them.... ha!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 08:24:13 »

Good to see you're not still bitter about it though Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 08:36:31 »

He does look well worn for someone who's just 43 years old...it's true.  But what a midfield!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 09:02:09 »

Good to see you're not still bitter about it though Smiley

nah, she was a right hag.... she used to know a lot of the players, so I went out on the town with some of them once. John Taylor was a nice guy, Paul Wanless was a moron, especially when i called him a scummer - and (a very very young) Trevor Benjamin just acted like someone with an acute behaviour disorder.

But compared to the time I went out and got drinking with Frank Talia and Lee Collins (what a name dropper eh?)the Cambridge lads were like saints in comparision. Frank ended up balls deep in my sister and Lee Collins ended up head deep through Deacons shop front window. What a twat.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 10:18:38 »

Managing the Orient with their chairman Hearn would age anyone.  Strange, wasn't he in the frame for the Swindon job not so long back & now he's in charge of Cambridge United? I'd be wary of taking that job too.  Jimmy Quinn did a good job there, just missed out on promotion then got sacked.  Then they replaced him with Brabon or whatever his name is & he too gets the bum's rush after going close.  Maybe they are concerned about their local rivals Histon being more successful but seems like they're not looking to build long term but want success now.
Still, I want him to do well.  Like you say, perpetual motion in that great midfield.
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 16:45:35 »

Good appointment for Cambridge.

Hopefully he will make sure the scum dont get the automatic promotion place this season.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 16:48:56 »

nah, she was a right hag.... she used to know a lot of the players, so I went out on the town with some of them once. John Taylor was a nice guy, Paul Wanless was a moron, especially when i called him a scummer - and (a very very young) Trevor Benjamin just acted like someone with an acute behaviour disorder.

But compared to the time I went out and got drinking with Frank Talia and Lee Collins (what a name dropper eh?)the Cambridge lads were like saints in comparision. Frank ended up balls deep in my sister and Lee Collins ended up head deep through Deacons shop front window. What a twat.

Is this possibly one of the greatest posts ever in TEF history. Talia balls deep in your sister!!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 19:17:04 »

Is this possibly one of the greatest posts ever in TEF history. Talia balls deep in your sister!!

Hmmm, I think I posted this story before, but we were up at McKenzies, got chatting with some players and before you could say 'tie me kanga down' he'd whipped her into a cab and took her to the DeVere....bish bash bosh.... the deed was done.

Lee wasnt up for any easy sex though, (I wasnt offering before you ask) he needed some mindless violence and started breaking up various items of street furniture along Wood Street before settling on putting his melon like head through Deacons window....whilst messrs Horlock, Thorne & O'Sullivan were soiling themselves.

Funnily enough this coinceded with an horrific drop in form for Mr Talia, cos we promptly lost away the following week, I went to the game and I honestly think he was distracted by a newly acquired scratchy crotch....

No disrespect Sis....

PS
Talia paid for her cab home apparently, now there's a gentleman...
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 20:58:19 »

Reminds me of a pre-season game at Aldershot.After the game Quinn is holding a team talk on
the touchline and some tart is deliberately walking up and down the touchline.Every single player
is watching her,taking no notice of Quinny whatsoever,eventually Quinny shrugs his shoulders and
watches her as well!

As to Lingy,i think we can safely say that he'll be playing the passing game there,with Beck's long
ball game a distant memory, safely disgarded to the rubbish bin or at least to  Histon.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: