Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Public sector pensions strike?  (Read 31469 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 13:32:59 »

Not EVERY other cunt. Those at the top, including those forcing through these reforms, are still doing very nicely thank you.

A ridiculously small % in the overall scheme of things
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 13:41:39 »

I'm sure the strikes will go ahead, quite likely on a massive scale. I'm also sure they will have fuck all support from the rest of the population (who view them as overpaid twats who need to shut the fuck up and get on with it like the rest of us have to) and that they will achieve a grand total of fuck all.

Unfortunately, successive governments have done nothing about the pension problems the whole country is facing and something needs to be done urgently or the shit will really hit the fan down the line. We're all living a lot longer so retiring at 65 and paying the same contributions simply doesn't work.

I'd like to see some stats on life expectancy over the last 100 years compared to retirement age, but can't find any.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 13:55:33 »

I'd like to see some stats on life expectancy over the last 100 years compared to retirement age, but can't find any.

It doesn't give corresponding retirement ages, but you get the jist.

http://www.gad.gov.uk/Demography%20Data/Life%20Tables/
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 14:08:36 »

Don't agree with striking, never have done and probably never will. Everyone has faced or will face pension pain at some point. The sooner people understand this country is in an awful position financially and we all will have to pay our way out of it the better.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 15:26:21 »

The public sector can fist themselves, time to feel like pinch like every other cunt

Indeed - how long have you been paying tax now ? Smiley

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 15:49:55 »

On and off since 2004 so back in your box
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 15:58:01 »

On and off since 2004 so back in your box

So I'll assume that you'll have got most of that back then. I am agreeing with your basic sentiments on the subject.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 16:22:56 »

It's only right and proper that cunts like DMR pay back their rightful wack to us older folk, who've lived through 50's austerity, 60's break up of the British Empire, and the value of Stirling becoming worthless, so screwing our savings....70's inflation meaning that public sector pay, only just covered the cost of beer and food....80's mass unemployment, and the 90's when rampant capitalism allowed events like Black Wednesday, when a handful of speculators could plunge millions into negative equity....and then we have to bail out then bankers in the noughties. All so that young tax dodging cunts can avoid  having to go off to some global conflict like my father and grandfather and great grand father before him
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 17:24:27 »

It doesn't give corresponding retirement ages, but you get the jist.

http://www.gad.gov.uk/Demography%20Data/Life%20Tables/

Shows my point though. Life expectancy for a 65 year old went up about 4 years from 1980 to 2009.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 17:58:02 »

They should bring in culling

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 18:12:13 »

Involuntary euthanasia is definitely the way out of this mess
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:17:08 »

All so that young tax dodging cunts can avoid  having to go off to some global conflict like my father and grandfather and great grand father before him

Haha ironic
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:30:20 »

When my old company dumped the final pension scheme in 2001 for a stakeholder/defined pension scheme, the representatives for Amicus said that final pensions were going and due to the fact that the company is was going to match the contributions upto 7% it was still a good deal.

Ten years later Unite (Amicus merged with TGWU) tell the public sector workers to strike after being told to pay an extra 3% to keep their final salary pension.

If I was asked to pay an extra 3% to keep my final salary pension, I would've signed up on the spot... and unions are a bunch of hypocrites.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:48:02 »

It's difficult to see where the public sector workers really think they're going on this one.
As other posters have said the deal they will have after the changes is at least equal to almost any private sector arrangement and substantially better than most, so they will elicit very little sympathy other than amongst fellow public sector employees.
Are they devoid of other ideas and so resorting to causing disruption in the hope that the government will cave in to avoid conflict?  I can't see that if this was the result that the govt would win much popularity (which seems to be what counts now, rather than what is right!).
If this government was serious about wanting to address the real pension provision issue in this country then they'd be making far more radical proposals but like all previous regimes they daren't grasp the nettle.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 19:52:41 »

If this government was serious about wanting to address the real pension provision issue in this country then they'd be making far more radical proposals but like all previous regimes they daren't grasp the nettle.

At least they're doing something. The problem has been known about for a long time and Labour did fuck all, except actually making it worse by increasing taxes on pensions. This is just the first step, more changes will come soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: