Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 33706 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 19:05:42 »

A new series starts tonight - anyone going to watch?
I will be - because love them or loathe them there are bound to be some right idiots on there, only too ready to make fools of themselves all in the name of ambition.

Not sure how successful all of the previous winners have been - we never hear much about them.

New format this year too - the winner does not end up working for Lord Sugar (he will always be s'ralan to me) but gets money (a quarter of a mill) to start up their own business.
From what I've read the teams have to make as much money as they can from some fruit and veg in tonight's episode.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 19:08:26 »

I'll watch it. Whoever the men's project manager is will get fired, they always do. The men spend the first week having a testosterone fuelled shouting contest whilst the girls get along, and then a few weeks later the men have all calmed down a bit and the women all hate eachother.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 21:03:39 »

That's what I imagine every accountant in the country is like on the inside, and why they get hidden away, lost in a world of spreadsheets and debit accounts.

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 21:08:26 »

Ooh si pie will be pissed at you dave Wink
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 21:17:16 »

I'm kinf of serious though. Just in my brief experiences, it seems to be the type of thing that people just fall into because they have no fixed idea of what else they want to do before it's too late. And as such spend a lot of time trying to prove, to themselves more than anything, that they are more than just a number cruncher, because they don't feel a great emotional attachment to it (I'm not saying this is every accountant ever, just in my limited experience it seems to be the case more than in other professions.)

It's like when goalkeepers at sunday league / youth level spend every moment they can trying to go up front.

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 21:35:14 »

All I can say is, don't any of you dare tell me the sky's the limit when I know for a FACT that there are foot prints on the moon Cool
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 21:49:37 »

The one girl looks like Kif Kroaker.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 23:02:30 »

We're just going to roll with the punches
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 23:24:04 »

That's what I imagine every accountant in the country is like on the inside, and why they get hidden away, lost in a world of spreadsheets and debit accounts.

Pretty much nailed on that he was doing auditing most of the time. No wonder he lost the plot.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 07:19:47 »

I'll watch it. Whoever the men's project manager is will get fired, they always do. The men spend the first week having a testosterone fuelled shouting contest whilst the girls get along, and then a few weeks later the men have all calmed down a bit and the women all hate eachother.

You were right then Nemo.
Actually you could tell from the first 5 mins that he would be the one to go.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 07:31:44 »

Yeah he was a total prick
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 07:50:33 »

Loved his comment in the boardroom - "I am the youngest AND the shortest here" !!!

So fucking what you plum ?!?

Wise men say........
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 08:15:02 »

He was a total prick but it was good viewing...who you you rather watch each week, a loose cannon like that where you don't know waht you are going to get, or the boring Orlando Bloom lookalikey who spouts the normal shite in the boardroom, e.g. I know I can sell Lord Sugar, I have my own business Lord Sugar, I can make you loadsa money Lord Sugar....yeah yeah yeah what- fucking-ever....keep the loons in I say..

Oh and also, I know its the nature of these sorts of 'reality' programmes that go on beyond their sell by date, but they get more and more removed from reality...some of the patter they come out with now about how driven and successful they are is absurd...I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 10:02:32 »

As with every first episode the main aim is to identify the biggest arrogant tosser, it seems to be the Zlatan Ibrahimovic bloke to me at this early stage

Looks like a poor turnout on the girls side, only really saw one bit of blonde fluff to possibly perv over.
Barry Scott

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 10:24:22 »

I love this show. I always watch You've Fired! over on BBC2 after because you get to see a different side to the loser. He was a strangely funny and very dry bloke. Shame he left. Zlatan seems like some sort of new Baggs and will no doubt add his own brand of cringeyness slimeyness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: