Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground redevelopment  (Read 19510 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 16:16:53 »

So we're just going to assume that the Board has no plans to redevelop the CG and this is all bollocks? By that I mean a realistic ambition and proposal, which probably is nowhere near finalisation but it's a plan nonetheless.

Also our current owners and Board haven't been in charge for many years.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 16:32:22 »

So we're just going to assume that the Board has no plans to redevelop the CG and this is all bollocks? By that I mean a realistic ambition and proposal, which probably is nowhere near finalisation but it's a plan nonetheless.

Also our current owners and Board haven't been in charge for many years.

I think it for the best...until such time as we at least see some planning applications going in.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 16:35:30 »

The same way I wasnt going to believe Theo Robinson was signing for us till I saw him in a Swindon shirt.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 16:40:40 »

The same way I wasnt going to believe Theo Robinson was signing for us till I saw him in a Swindon shirt.

Quite, especially after the announcement of a verbal agreement.

I'm pretty sure various STFC types down the years have had discussions with SBC people.

We've even, on occasions, seen them sat down at the same table to outline their verbal agreements.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 16:58:16 »

Interesting quote on the OS indeed. Of course before we all get excited we know nothing about any form of proposals whatsoever so for now i'm going to just assume that this is a plan the board may have in the pipeline that hasn't even got out of first gear yet. Will be interesting to hear what the board are looking to do with the CG though.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 28, 2009, 17:24:49 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 17:26:43 »

Fitton has talked about the redevelopment of the CG before though, I remember him making a comment about the height of the buildings they were planning. I think it was just informal talks with the council at that point.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 18:13:58 »

Quite, especially after the announcement of a verbal agreement.

I'm pretty sure various STFC types down the years have had discussions with SBC people.

We've even, on occasions, seen them sat down at the same table to outline their verbal agreements.

Have you, Dave and my brother ever considered forming a grumpy man's club?  Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 20:00:56 »

which is what the Elm Park 4000 must have said. All depends what other income-raising plans go alongside it. The discussions must be pretty advanced if they're aiming to have the redevelopment in place by 2013. Unless of course this is promotional hot air to support the Bristol bid...

Reading were getting 11,000 average before they moved.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 20:15:12 »

Reading were getting 11,000 average before they moved.
And the way they are playing at the momentr it won't be long before they are below that figure! Cheesy
lambourn red

« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 21:12:10 »

Just seen this on the scum forum.
http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=99652

"Got an inside track on new builds and i can confirm Scum are at pre-planning stage for a new ground - as follows -

Please note this scheme is in very early preliminary stages.
Scheme Description
Scheme comprises redevelopment of site to provide a mixed development, including construction of a 22,000 seater capacity stadium for Swindon Town Football Club. Associated works include site services, access, infrastructure, enabling works, landscaping and service engineering.
Work is due to start July 2010 how ever funding my be a problem by the sounds of things.
Value of the project £35,000,000

BUNCH OF W*NKERS

WILL KEEP THINGS UPDATE, CANT SEE THEM GETTING THE CASH TOGETHER!
HAVE THE DETAILS OF THEIR CHIEF EX NICK WATKINS IF ANYONE FEELS THE NEED TO CALL HIM AND TELL HIM WHAT A tw*t HE IS!"

Perhaps we could donate the stratton bank to them to replace their garden fence i am sure they would appreciate the red seats.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 21:33:12 »

Ooooo this is exciting!

I'm guessing that we'll build 3 new stands, and keep the current Don Rogers stand.

It would be nice to exploit the fabled 2nd concourse that I have heard so much about.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 21:35:15 »

Just seen this on the scum forum.
http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=99652

"Got an inside track on new builds and i can confirm Scum are at pre-planning stage for a new ground - as follows -

Please note this scheme is in very early preliminary stages.
Scheme Description
Scheme comprises redevelopment of site to provide a mixed development, including construction of a 22,000 seater capacity stadium for Swindon Town Football Club. Associated works include site services, access, infrastructure, enabling works, landscaping and service engineering.
Work is due to start July 2010 how ever funding my be a problem by the sounds of things.
Value of the project £35,000,000

BUNCH OF W*NKERS

WILL KEEP THINGS UPDATE, CANT SEE THEM GETTING THE CASH TOGETHER!
HAVE THE DETAILS OF THEIR CHIEF EX NICK WATKINS IF ANYONE FEELS THE NEED TO CALL HIM AND TELL HIM WHAT A tw*t HE IS!"

Perhaps we could donate the stratton bank to them to replace their garden fence i am sure they would appreciate the red seats.

I can't get on there. What is it all about? Apart from them getting jealous of course.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 21:36:18 »

What's a "very early preliminary stage"?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 21:38:55 »

Mr. Whippys head.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 28, 2009, 22:08:36 »

Ooooo this is exciting!

I'm guessing that we'll build 3 new stands, and keep the current Don Rogers stand.

It would be nice to exploit the fabled 2nd concourse that I have heard so much about.

I can't really see that happening. The Stratton Bank can't be touched so to increase capacity by 10,500 up to 25,000 would be awkard. A new Town End would only account for so many and it surely isn't feasible to alter the Arkells, although the DRS may have some potential. A 25,000 seater stadium would have to be a new build, even if on the same site. And that would necessitate....ground sharing. Aarrgh !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: