Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke McCormick  (Read 18125 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:14:15 »

Really cant see what his job has to do with it.

I feel sorry for the family involved and I cant help but feel a bit sorry for the Goalie.One stupid decision and hes lost everything and he will have to live with the guilt for the rest of his life.Sad stuff.

He's lost his freedom for 3-4 years and that is all.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:27:21 »

The point being yeovil he was drunk,i expect young plymouth fans looked up to him etc he should be acting as a role model and setting good examples to kids.

He knows drinking and driving cost's live's,I cant feel sorry for him, was he not nearly two times over the limit.  

Everyone who drinks and drives knows they are doing wrong his job makes no difference.I just think everyone makes stupid decisions over their life time ,most of us are lucky enough to have to face consequences for them.Im not defending what hes done in anyway,just think its a waste of 3 lives.

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 14:29:38 »

i agree with yeovil.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 16:52:23 »

He was twice the legal limit, meaning he had a pint or pint and a half more in his system than he should have.

I don't know if he was doing 70mph he'd have done less harm as it sounds like he nodded off through tiredness. Such a shame.

Anyone ever see that Fifth Gear where they tested how tiredness/drink effects you on the road and the motorway? Pretty scary stuff.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 17:23:10 »

It's been reported on the BBC news, that McCormick was driving erratically at speeds of up to 97 mph.

The results of alcohol,tiredness and high speed were obviously lethal.It's a tragic story for all involved.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 6, 2008, 17:43:49 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 17:33:48 »

He will be out in 3 or 4 years and probably get to play football again. Like Hughes killed someone and did a runner. God imagine the abuse he would get.

Those kids were obviously footie fans and my heart goes out to their family. McCormick obviously made a mistake, a very stupid one at that. He will be out before he is 30 to carry on his life but imagine how the familes feel seeing him being able to just carry on his life.

Whats the price of a human life?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:15:09 »

I reckon the pain of killing someone by accident like that are in some ways harder to live with than the pain of losing a close 1. Sounds stupid i know and the bloke is scum for it but alot of familys get closure and have memorys(good ones) mcgormack will have a different type of pain on his conscience .
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:21:10 »

I reckon the pain of killing someone by accident like that are in some ways harder to live with than the pain of losing a close 1. Sounds stupid i know and the bloke is scum for it but alot of familys get closure and have memorys(good ones) mcgormack will have a different type of pain on his conscience .

As someone with no kids I agree with what you're saying. However, if I was a parent or if, god forbid, this happened to me I'd want the fucker to rot.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:23:27 »

Does anyone else find it slighty ridiculous that his driving ban will have elapsed before he is even out of jail?
JPC82

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:24:39 »

Does anyone else find it slighty ridiculous that his driving ban will have elapsed before he is even out of jail?

that always amazed me, surely the ban should kick in when hes released, so the ban is a punishment, the ban is totally pointless
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:26:31 »

As a dad rich i couldn't agree more. Deserves everything he gets
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:31:05 »

The Smith/Brez debate got me thinking when I saw this topic.

IF in 3 years time we needed a new goal keeper and IF McCormick was out on good behaviour and IF we did sign him...what would everyones re-action be?
JPC82

« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:32:26 »

The Smith/Brez debate got me thinking when I saw this topic.

IF in 3 years time we needed a new goal keeper and IF McCormick was out on good behaviour and IF we did sign him...what would everyones re-action be?

if he was good enough then id have no problem, he would have served his punishment whether we feel its not hard enough isnt relevant
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:35:35 »

Bit of a worms nest that one. I suppose it depends on if you see imprisonment as being a punishment, a deterrent or for rehabilitation.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 6, 2008, 18:36:18 »

Exactly, one thing that is not his fault is the sentence no matter what we think
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: