Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town TV Show  (Read 6130 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 13:54:25 »

Unless it's publicity about one of your strikers sexually abusing one of your youth teamers with a banana.  That would fall into the negative publicity catagory Dave.  Thankfully that sort of thing doesn't happen over this way.
DMR

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 13:55:47 »

Good point  Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 16:24:56 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
maybe introduce the Balti pie to the County G, as it's a crime we don't sell them.

that would certainly make me very happy.

i can't see what harm a tv show following the club would do, although i dread to imagine what sandy gray would be like on the television.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 16:25:47 »

imagine it on my widescreen...not good.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 16:27:04 »

I'd hope, she looks talks and acts just like Mark Devlin  Cool
mattboyslim

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 16:32:21 »

Sandy Gray on the TV could be a bit of an 'Office' moment, cringeworthy in a word
Danjackson10

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 16:35:10 »

it will be great, if it happens! :?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 22:44:21 »

i think it could only serve to promote stfc as a commercial venture. if we're going to be on tv then people will advertise and want to be seen to a)take pity on the poor little cripple team or b) just want their product name on tv. that would include...filling the advertising hordings, training facilities, and of course team bus. well u get the idea.

it would also highlight the apathy that swindoners feel towards the red and white dynamiteee-heee. therefore shaming them, plus if some little spastic council estate kid thinks he'll be on tv (that isn't crime watch) he'll bust a ball to get there and wear his hat at a jaunty angle and look thuggish.

on a similar vein of thought to the first point it could help with the potential redevelopment of CG or new site...new sponsors, investors wanting to be linked to up and coming club etc

of course this is only pie in the sky at the mo, but imagine if it did happen! we'd actually be seen as a professional outfit instead of ...well what we are at the mo. i think we can't have anything but positive thoughts about the slightest possibility it might happen

:king:

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Purebleh

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 22:52:37 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Ron Atkinson??? the ex POX player and captain??? The racist ??BOOOOOOOOOOO
Ron Atkinson? The guy who got done for using ONE WORD ONCE? Whose most famous work is in foreign clubs with players from ethnic minorities? Looks like someone eats up the media bullshit good and proper  
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2005, 22:58:47 »

Quote from: "Purebleh"
Ron Atkinson? The guy who got done for using ONE WORD ONCE? Whose most famous work is in foreign clubs with players from ethnic minorities? Looks like someone eats up the media bullshit good and proper  

Oh come on you cant deny that he called him a useless lazy nigger it was on TV.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 09:28:28 »

Quote from: "Purebleh"

because he has only been caught once, that must mean he has only done it once....yeah  :roll:
fatbury

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 09:31:09 »

Iffy wont want Ron there ..
McLovin

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 09:34:28 »

Ron isn't evena racist, lots of older people don't understand that its that offensive, but like calling corner shops Paki shops, that's just how they were brought up.

He may also have been rapping, therefore it's ok, apparently...
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 09:35:57 »

Quote from: "SwindonFan"
i have been informed that Swindon have signed a six figure sum wiv Sky for a tv show that will follow Swindon, the show will be fronted by Ron Atkinson and will be on Sky One

That sounds cool (hope this isnt one of you lot havin us on again  :x e.g. like with the avatar....) But who is goin to want to watch a show on Swindon Town? Apart from people from Swindon of course...

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 09:37:05 »

In response to Fatbury's "Iffy wont want Ron here" -

Bollocks how the fuck do you know that?

Now I'm sure Iffy wouldn't want Klu Klux Knievel around the CG but Big Ron's not exactly the anti-Christ is he?

And another point if Ron's doing the voice over it doesn't mean he's gonna have to be at the club every day he'll be sat in some studio doing his thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: