Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 ... 1227   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4373504 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15330 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 10:23:17 »

You will have a much better idea than me, when I looked Wiki suggests that they have gone up to Tier two of the Turkish pyramid this season? Agree the transfer seem odd not clear if they have paid cash or Motherwell released him?

Actually you are spot on and I missed that they had got promoted, that makes a bit more sense then. They were champions of the red section of division 3. (I assume it's fairly regionalised at that level)

According to the Beeb, it's an undisclosed fee that the Turkish club paid to Motherwell for the deal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15331 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 10:25:26 »

Based on the reaction of some of our fans to every bit of news that comes out, it was obviously just PR.  There was always a reason that every other player had been released or offered a contract and Hunt was "in discussions"..  in this case the only discussion was an exit interview methinks, albeit no doubt amicable.  I think the player and club expectations were poles apart.

If the club was sensitive to fan reactions they'd never put anything out on Twitter Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15332 on: Friday, July 15, 2022, 10:30:28 »

If the club was sensitive to fan reactions they'd never put anything out on Twitter Smiley

True, but bearing in mind the timing of the release of information - Manager, DOF, Coaches - probably trying to manage the amount of negative news going around at the time - and I suppose that while there was still a chance of somebody changing their mind they thought it better to go down the generic "discussion" route - covers many angles.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15333 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 10:40:31 »

Kovar off to Cheltenham on loan
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15334 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 10:43:26 »

Kovar off to Cheltenham on loan
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15335 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 12:32:40 »

Didn't he turn things around on loan at Burton? 3 clean sheets in a row or something IIRC towards the back end of the season.

Let it be clear, he was a disaster for us but it was our own fault for expecting a 20 year old keeper to be ready for League One.

There's no doubt he will go on to have a good career.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15336 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 12:47:38 »

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #15337 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 13:02:12 »

Didn't he turn things around on loan at Burton? 3 clean sheets in a row or something IIRC towards the back end of the season.

Let it be clear, he was a disaster for us but it was our own fault for expecting a 20 year old keeper to be ready for League One.

Tbf, I know it’s L2 but I’m sure Benda was 20 and Foderingham was 21 when we signed them. Kovar wasn’t ever the number 1 target from what i remember, Baxter from Chelsea was but either wages or wellens opted for Kovar. Arguably a decent keeper for  another 10 games or so and even Sheridactyl might of kept us up - a lot of contributing factors that season mind…
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #15338 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 13:02:55 »

He will be their first choice I gather
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15339 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 13:12:18 »

Tbf, I know it’s L2 but I’m sure Benda was 20 and Foderingham was 21 when we signed them. Kovar wasn’t ever the number 1 target from what i remember, Baxter from Chelsea was but either wages or wellens opted for Kovar. Arguably a decent keeper for  another 10 games or so and even Sheridactyl might of kept us up - a lot of contributing factors that season mind…

There's exceptions of course and I'm not saying a young goalkeeper CAN'T be ready for league one at 20 years old but it's a brutal league and not very forgiving.

We took a big risk in a position you shouldn't really take a risk on. Wellens must've thought; get a cheap loan keeper in and then I can sign the likes of Payne and Jaiyesemi.

I don't know why a lot of Swindon fans seem desperate to poke fun at Kovar though and write his career off. This is his third league one loan now. He's Czech republics u21 goalkeeper so obviously quite a few people must rate his potential.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15340 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 13:52:46 »

You can only comment and make a judgement on what you’ve seen and he was very poor for us.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #15341 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 13:57:14 »

There's exceptions of course and I'm not saying a young goalkeeper CAN'T be ready for league one at 20 years old but it's a brutal league and not very forgiving.

We took a big risk in a position you shouldn't really take a risk on. Wellens must've thought; get a cheap loan keeper in and then I can sign the likes of Payne and Jaiyesemi.

I don't know why a lot of Swindon fans seem desperate to poke fun at Kovar though and write his career off. This is his third league one loan now. He's Czech republics u21 goalkeeper so obviously quite a few people must rate his potential.

Agreed.  I seem to remember Cobblers fans laughing at us before SSP came to us.  It sometimes just works/doesn't work at certain clubs for certain players given the situation that they are in at the time.

Football fans have short memories for some players and long memories for others, for some weird reason - Jojo and Sendles-White being two recent examples for some of our fans.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15342 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 14:32:11 »

You can only comment and make a judgement on what you’ve seen and he was very poor for us.
Agreed,  said it before and I’ll say it again,  he took us down single handed.  He was shit.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15343 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 14:54:35 »

Agreed,  said it before and I’ll say it again,  he took us down single handed.  He was shit.

Took us down single handed, yet was recalled on January 6th. Interesting.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15344 on: Sunday, July 17, 2022, 14:56:04 »

He was poor and didn’t help but not convinced he was the only reason we went down…
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 ... 1227   Go Up
Print
Jump to: