Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Text Service  (Read 2164 times)
DerbyRed

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 14:14:28 »

Just had a text through to say that DW is hoping Charlie Austin will impress at the Swansea reserve game tomorrow - was it really worth sending that out???

I know its only 25p a text (I think!) but it annoys me when I get texts like that but when we signed Ferry & Hutchinson, and Cuthbert no text was sent, yet I do get random texts saying things like "DW expecting to sign players soon"!!

I don't mind paying to find out when we sign new players or when cup draws are made etc, but making me pay for non-stories is annoying - if I wanted non-stories I'd buy the Adver!!!  Yes

And before anyone says it, yes I know I can unsubscribe if it annoys me that much!!  Soapy Tit Wank

Mini-rant over! 
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 14:17:13 »

Have you sent this comment to the club? If not then you should.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 14:21:25 »

Used to annoy the fuck out of me too when I was subscribed a few years back. I stopped my subscription because of it.

It really is falsely advertised. They say you'll be the first to know about new signings etc. but that never happens.

Not sure if the service is run by the club or premiumtv, but it'll be worth letting the club know your comments.
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 14:25:22 »

No I haven't sent my comments to the club yet but I will - only been subscribed since the beginning of the summer and in that time probably receive about 1 pointless text a week.

Will get onto the club about it - good to know I'm not the only person it annoys!
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 14:28:51 »

Is Nick Watkins e-mail at the club nick @ swindontownfc.co.uk?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 15:55:06 »

Is Nick Watkins e-mail at the club nick @ swindontownfc.co.uk?

Yes.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 16:36:47 »

It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say.  I've met him a couple of times and have always found him to be an honest sort of fella.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 17:18:27 »

I'm not an expert but can't you just set up your phone to receive an RSS feed from the Adver and BBC site, like wot this place does?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 17:25:09 »

And if that is possible then someone please tell me how to do it
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 17:35:34 »

You can go to www.google.com from your mobile, sign-in, and use Google's 'Reader' to subscribe to RSS feeds.

I'm sure there's RSS apps out there for most phones as well.
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 14:37:06 »

Got an update on the text service for those who are interested.

I e-mailed Nick Watkins who passed my e-mail onto Chris Tanner (Head of Media).  He arranged to meet me before Saturdays game to discuss my concerns etc.

Basically he said that the club have a contract with Premium (people who run the website) which states that they have to send a certain number of texts within a specified time frame (I'm sure he said 4 a week but I definitely don't get that many?).  Anyway he said when there is no news they're still trying to decide and refine what information should be sent out - hence getting non-stories occasionally.

As for the lack of texts when we signed some of the players over the summer - he apologised and said they should have been sent but for whatever reason they weren't!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 20:53:19 »

Premiumtv who run the world service right? I cancelled my subscription because the service was so poor. I had someone phone up to tempt me back and I was genuinely laughing down the phone when I told him how shit the service was and he was surprised by this.

That was a few years back and it seems nothing has changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: