Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon Matchday & Buildup  (Read 23603 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:33:32 »

FT 2-1 happy with that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:34:10 »

First up, absolutely delighted with the win. Not a perfect performance by any means, but better and the points matter more than anything else.

Overall, it was a game of a few key phases - the first half, we looked a better side on the ball but our slow, patient attacking play seemed to play into Salford's well organised defensive structure. We had a few defensive lapses and were probably lucky to only concede once, and then to equalise with really our only bright moment - which was Hutton suddenly remembering the footballer he can be and crossing for Wakeling to finish rather uniquely.

Credit to Morris, he seemed to realise that the slow play wasn't working and when FBT got injured, we brought Darcy on and the three-behind-the-one of Wakeling, Darcy and McEachran attacked at a much higher tempo and clearly discomforted Salford, our brightest 15 minutes of attacking play under Morris by some distance. We improved after FBT came off, which was definitely not what we would have expected! This led to our second goal, which was a slice of luck but caused by the higher tempo play.

After we went 2-1 up, we sat in a bit more and survived a few more heartstopping moments. There's a version of this game where we lost heavily and were reduced to nine men, but a bit of luck with the second goal and all the officials not looking at Khan's slap gave us the result we really, really needed. Think we scored more goals than we had shots on target, which is seriously efficient stuff!

It'll take a really good run to get us into the playoffs, but this is a great first step. Come on Town!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:34:16 »

Excellent the season starts now!
I wonder if Gary & friends attended😀

* IMG_4471.JPG (19.49 KB, 300x168 - viewed 87 times.)

So, give no fucks
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:34:41 »

Was it a great performance? no. Were we a bit lucky? definitely. Do I give a shit? Absolutely not.

Hopefully gets us rolling under Morris. Hopefully this one is the metaphorical “one off his arse” needed to turn our season around.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:37:37 »

phew. great win that.

vintage town, no. 3 points yes
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:38:51 »

Proper smash and grab. Let’s hope we can get a centre back in that allows FBT to return to left back assuming he recovered for the next game. How many times can Iandolo prove he’s shit before he gets dropped.

Good day results wise though and looks like Lindsey is taking Crawley down.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:40:13 »

I didn’t really enjoy that game.

Thought we were poor in the first half. Better balanced after FBT went off. But we looked poor in possession and brittle out of it.

Khan could have been sent off and also given away a penalty on Barry towards the end.

Stats of 2 shots all game with only one on target shows how lucky we were.

I hope we don’t have to watch us grind out results like that for the rest of the season.

P.S. Still pleased we won though!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:41:21 »

Iandolo is all over the place. He presses when he shouldn't. He drops off when he should press. His decision making is awful.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:42:03 »

Iandolo is all over the place. He presses when he shouldn't. He drops off when he should press. His decision making is awful.
Have to agree. Gives the ball away far too cheaply too, often in our half.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:46:26 »

Have to agree. Gives the ball away far too cheaply too, often in our half.
Just don’t get it. Dropping Iandolo is pretty much the only thing we haven’t tried. I’d have Clayton and Brennan centre backs and FBT left back and get Iandolo out of the team rather than persisting with him, or can’t be any worst.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:46:44 »

We all agree. Just got to ride it out until we have Tomlinson fit, or another CB so we can move FBT there (hopefully not a bad injury).
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:47:58 »

He's playing because nobody else is fit to play LB. There's no point getting mad about it.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 16:52:24 »

He's playing because nobody else is fit to play LB. There's no point getting mad about it.

Not true though is it. We could start FBT left back and play Clayton next to Brennan.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:01:04 »

Unexpected and bonus win. Had to ride our luck a bit but will take that after the last few games.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 17:01:12 »

I didn’t really enjoy that game.

Thought we were poor in the first half. Better balanced after FBT went off. But we looked poor in possession and brittle out of it.

Khan could have been sent off and also given away a penalty on Barry towards the end.

Stats of 2 shots all game with only one on target shows how lucky we were.

I hope we don’t have to watch us grind out results like that for the rest of the season.

P.S. Still pleased we won though!

One step at a time. Take the points to get us rolling, and performances come in time. The effort was there in the 2nd half. I didn’t think that Khan on Barry was a pen either. With so many injuries, and an inability to drop players out of form, we may just have to grind the results out…
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: