Pages: 1 ... 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266766 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6450 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:40:21 »

Well, whatever the pathetic running of the club behind the scenes isn’t affecting the stuff on the pitch - which is more important.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6451 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:42:06 »

Still none the wiser as to whether we are really losing 500k and how that's bridged.

Hey ho
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6452 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:42:32 »

So was it asked how we can be losing £500k to £1m a year and was fans being uncomfortable with the likes of Hart and Austin being around the club mentioned?

Fair play if Vic and that have asked what needed to be, was a big fear going in to this.

Pretty much everything was asked. He's loyal to Zav because he helped him get the club but he has no role beyond Matchday Guest. Hart does S&C and has been great, helped McKirdy have his best season, is 'a character' but again zero involvement. Allegedly.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6453 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:43:04 »

So was it asked how we can be losing £500k to £1m a year and was fans being uncomfortable with the likes of Hart and Austin being around the club mentioned?

Fair play if Vic and that have asked what needed to be, was a big fear going in to this.
Asked and answered. Austin has no role at the club other than being Clem’s guest. Hart has no involvement in the running of the club but spoke highly of him in his role with the players. Didn’t quite understand the McKirdy bit.

As for the potential season on season losses it was just a figure - again probably plucked out of thin air - which hadn’t impacted on the playing budget.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6454 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:45:48 »

That was… interesting.

Maybe he’s taking the piss, but to me, that was not the performance of somebody clever enough to shaft anyone. Nor is that somebody a silent owner would accept as the face of the ownership.

It felt like sitting in on a gruelling job interview, we’re the candidate has no experience, and didn’t think to research what interviews are like in general. He didn’t seem to know much, a bit Bojo, but replace the Latin with swearing.

Doesn’t instil much confidence does it.  Head Hurts

I'll play devils advocate and say that the scattergun questions didn't help him. That must have been tough, and zoom doesn't make for lucid chat either, and at 05:30am for him.

But it probably helped to show us his something of his character, and I didn't get the impression of a load of calculated dishonesty in there. Chaos aplenty, but not a Machiavellian plan.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6455 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:46:02 »

Appreciate the answer on Austin and Hart, even if you have to remain skeptical.

Plucking a figure out of his ass on how much we're losing that clearly isn't close to that......not great. Keeps putting his foot in his mouth and making things worse for himself.

Working on getting shares back from Kiely....any time frame to that?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6456 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:47:00 »

Appreciate the answer on Austin and Hart, even if you have to remain skeptical.

Plucking a figure out of his ass on how much we're losing that clearly isn't close to that......not great. Keeps putting his foot in his mouth and making things worse for himself.

Working on getting shares back from Kiely....any time frame to that?

I think he said weeks to bring him down to 5% or something, depending on the January window...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6457 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:52:33 »

Another takeaway - it may be 500-1m, it could equally be 250k. There’s no point in worrying about it. It’s a number plucked from thin air, that is at least likely to be within £5m, one way or the other, of the actual figure. The time spent on the pods and on here analysing what’s said against previous statements is as much use as analysing our Champions League prospects for next season. It’s not what’s said, but how he said it, and I think he wants to do the right thing.

* but the gifting the money comment was a real dud of a comment. It is quite possible that he actually believes that he did.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:39:51 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6458 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:54:31 »

Another takeaway - it may be 500-1m, it could equally be 250k. There’s no point in worrying about it. It’s a number plucked from thin air, that is at least likely to be within £5m, one way or the other, of the actual figure.

Quite. I think another reason why the AB needs binning. If this is the level of diligence given to the answers just chuck it in the fucking bin where it belongs.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6459 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:58:23 »

My take from tonight - Clem won’t be around much longer and he’s regretting buying the club (he didn’t say this but he does not seem the same “Clem” as the one who took over).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6460 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:00:09 »

I said yesterday that we probably just have to accept that we have ownership that is feeding us a mixture of Incompetence and Bullshit, just unknown what percentage each side provides.

The reality is that we have a decent Manager - by trying out a few, rather than great planning - and we stand a chance of doing well under him.  However, it's entirely linked to Flynn, there is nothing behind him ensuring the club and business continue to be a success, much like Wellens under Power.  It's a sort of House of Cards, just we have a good hand for a bit.

The stuff about the Ground is more Bullshit, trying to sell a good story, badly by the sound of it.  The Trust started the process, the Council agreed to a sale but ONLY if the fans were involved and Eady funded it.  The club had ZERO rights to ownership and got given half the stadium, a rent reduction and a 250 year lease.  Fuck all to do with Clem, the Council were willing to sell with Power involved.  I imagine the Eady Trust were more willing to fund without Power, but Clem has no right to claim anything.  He paid off a debt owed by the club because it had the right to be called in against any assets owned by the club, and he was about to get a juicy one.

An example of the Incompetence/BS ratio is the stuff around the Academy - thus far the only physical thing purchased was actually gifted by a Scaffolding company, to support some camera's.  This months AB notes even add that the same company is providing some shooting nets which are delayed!!!!!!  It's all just made-up or not even being worked on, hence the lack of details or even agreed upon strategy.  To get Level 2 status is going to cost several million quid, let alone Level One.

Enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:04:17 by RobertT » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6461 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:01:06 »

Yeah, the mea culpa was limited wasn't it? Zero recognition of the club's perpetual shit comms which add to the mess. Clem clearly thinks he has done a great job so far. Maybe he has, but he runs such a shambolic operation no one can see it.

As you say, this wasn't avuncular Clem. He seemed angry at having to defend himself which isn't great.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6462 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:01:34 »

I think he said weeks to bring him down to 5% or something, depending on the January window...

Interesting.

Sounds like he might let it wait if we're doing ok/need the extra funds to get us out of the league.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6463 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:02:46 »

My take from tonight - Clem won’t be around much longer and he’s regretting buying the club (he didn’t say this but he does not seem the same “Clem” as the one who took over).

That, i think, is the BS side.  He's involved with some murky people and an industry not exactly well known for etiquette.  I imagine the display he gave here is more like the real Clem -- he'll deal with some right idiots in his business world, it was bizarre to ever think he was an intellectual footballing man of the people.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6464 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:06:03 »

Interesting.

Sounds like he might let it wait if we're doing ok/need the extra funds to get us out of the league.
Or flog someone to pay it off!
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: