Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266790 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5685 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 17:14:49 »

Stockport was the other one😀

That’s it. Cheers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5686 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 17:29:26 »

That’s it. Cheers

Cheesy

So, give no fucks
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5687 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 19:15:58 »

Any idea on who might be behind the 'STFC Questions' page on Twitter?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DMC

« Reply #5688 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 20:41:38 »

Mooneyraker
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5689 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2023, 20:52:06 »

Mooneyraker

I thought that might be coming! Not guilty your honour. Too many tweets make a twat, as someone once said.

Also amused by his (presumably) use of “we” when it is quite probably lone man in bedroom. Not that I’m going to knock him. Seems polite enough.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #5690 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 08:02:31 »

I'm just here to watch football  Roll Eyes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5691 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 08:29:01 »

During his phone in last night, he said there would be 7 teams with a higher budget than us, so if we were to get in the play offs we’d be doing well. Something along them lines anyway.
Think the teams listed were the obvious ones with higher budgets than us. Wrexham, Gillingham, Notts County, Salford, Mansfield maybe Bradford? Can’t remember the other.
Walsalls owner has apparently come out and said they have a "top 7" budget this season too as have Colchester, MKD said to be the 2nd biggest budget too and FGR have told their fans they have a "promotion level budget".

So I would think we are likely to be top 10 budget at absolute best.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5692 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 08:33:42 »

Havent been on here for a while and thought I'd see whats going on and it seems like things haven't changed since I stopped watching 6 years ago. Dodgy owner - probably tick. Dodgy people in the background - tick. Shit transfer window - tick. Team going nowhere - ? on tick. Fans deserve much better - tick.
Someone told me £27 a ticket - fuck me, for 4th division football. The crowds are incredible given everything.
Anyway, best of luck to you all - you really do deserve a lot better than you're getting.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5693 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 08:59:57 »

It’s always been thus. That’s why those getting apoplectic about stuff they have no control over would be better served just getting behind the team. Constant hand-wringing is pointless.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5694 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 09:20:50 »

It’s always been thus. That’s why those getting apoplectic about stuff they have no control over would be better served just getting behind the team. Constant hand-wringing is pointless.

It’s perfectly possible to be 100% behind the team, home and away, and still be concerned about the future of the club.

This is a forum for discussing the club, with the stated leeway of 80% of it being bollocks, isn’t it?

It’s largely consigned to this thread and has thrown up some interesting points IMO.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #5695 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 09:26:27 »

Interesting the Club made the adver apologise/clarify their article on Clem within 24hrs, but cant arrange a meeting with the Trust for many weeks.  Hmmm
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5696 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 09:30:34 »

It’s perfectly possible to be 100% behind the team, home and away, and still be concerned about the future of the club.

This is a forum for discussing the club, with the stated leeway of 80% of it being bollocks, isn’t it?

It’s largely consigned to this thread and has thrown up some interesting points IMO.
But it’s the constant whinging and uninformed speculation that gets my horned beast. We get the gist of what’s not right so why keep banging the same drum.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5697 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 09:38:45 »

But it’s the constant whinging and uninformed speculation that gets my horned beast. We get the gist of what’s not right so why keep banging the same drum.

I think this conversation largely sparks into life each time new information comes to light, like, you know, we are actually part owned by people other than the stated owner!

The drip feed of revelations is fuelling it.

No one is still banging on about that time when our ex-con Vice Chairman partnered with a made up club in Karachi, for example. That’s ancient history from… earlier this year.

I get some people find it dull/depressing though.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5698 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 10:37:44 »

Interesting the Club made the adver apologise/clarify their article on Clem within 24hrs, but cant arrange a meeting with the Trust for many weeks.  Hmmm

Well that looks proper shithouse.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5699 on: Thursday, September 7, 2023, 10:39:24 »

I get some people find it dull/depressing though.

Its all pertinent to the clubs immediate and long term future and people are right to be concerned and analysing everything. So people that find it too dull or negative should probably avoid it.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: