Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1267075 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4005 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:38:05 »

No a G string...
More like it !

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4006 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 15:40:05 »

No a G string...
Cheeky!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4007 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:12:24 »

We operate the same as most other league 2 club  Eek

I disagree. Not being open on a Saturday kit launch week is a missed sales opportunity. Even if open for 4 hours would have made a difference. Let’s assume 2 staff on minimum wage at 4 hours each that’s probably £100 tops, also assuming the club operates on a profit margin somewhere between 10-15% on the replica kit you can easily see that in this particular week with kit launching and fans collecting season tickets the shop would easily made a healthy turnover, even if it was just a once off occasion.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4008 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:22:28 »

I disagree. Not being open on a Saturday kit launch week is a missed sales opportunity. Even if open for 4 hours would have made a difference. Let’s assume 2 staff on minimum wage at 4 hours each that’s probably £100 tops, also assuming the club operates on a profit margin somewhere between 10-15% on the replica kit you can easily see that in this particular week with kit launching and fans collecting season tickets the shop would easily made a healthy turnover, even if it was just a once off occasion.
But, the counter argument is that those who would have bought it on kit launch day will still buy it when the shop opens.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4009 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:26:05 »

Have it on good authority that the profit margin is closer to 40/50% on shirts
Not a problem, happy to pay those prices whilst the profits get ploughed back into the club.
As you say, an opportunity missed.

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4010 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:27:33 »

But, the counter argument is that those who would have bought it on kit launch day will still buy it when the shop opens.

Maybe. I think the likelihood is there will be a max scramble first home game and the usual sold out of the popular sizes very quickly. I guess I just need to take my retail head off and accept that the club would rather sell online.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4011 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:29:58 »

Maybe Don Rogers could also sell them in his shop in conjunction with the club!
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:32:19 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4012 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:33:39 »

Have it on good authority that the profit margin is closer to 40/50% on shirts
Not a problem, happy to pay those prices whilst the profits get ploughed back into the club.
As you say, an opportunity missed.

Whilst I can’t quickly provide evidence, I do recall in distant times when the club shop was open Saturday’s pre season irrespective if there was a game or not. Also remember the days when a season was drawing to a close the club would show a potential of 3 or 4 home shirts for the fans to vote. As horrendous as this season’s shirt is I’ll still buy it as I do every season and put it in the wardrobe along with the rest.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4013 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:35:00 »

Maybe Don Rogers could also sell them in his shop in conjunction with the club!

For a year or two we used to with JJB Sports when they had a store at Greenbridge.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4014 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:35:37 »

For a year or two we used to with JJB Sports when they had a store at Greenbridge.

It definitely seems an opportunity missed locally

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4015 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:36:10 »

Maybe. I think the likelihood is there will be a max scramble first home game and the usual sold out of the popular sizes very quickly. I guess I just need to take my retail head off and accept that the club would rather sell online.
Someone at the club needs to sit down and work out the average annual sales and order this amount (probably plus a few more due to loss of sales due sell outs and people that can’t be bothered queuing twice) in one go.
Surely that would mean costs would reduce rather than manufacturing a few at a time plus most people could get one before they have the chance to change their mind.  Not too difficult surely.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4016 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:40:50 »

….don’t remember JJB doing them but remember birthdays(?) in Town doing them upstairs
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4017 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:42:44 »

Im still keen to find out how we can afford to redevelop the ground when everything else at the club is run on an absolute shoestring at the moment.

I expect very similar to how you bought your house*
Long term loan(s)

* unless you inherited or don’t have a house or rent or squat etc
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4018 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:46:17 »

I think even House of Frasier sold some stuff one year. remember buying a training top from there.

It is a bit of a pain to get to the shop with county road fucked tbh. presumably the magic roundabout gate is open?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4019 on: Saturday, July 1, 2023, 16:49:09 »

Was open when I picked up my STs yesterday
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: