Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luggy's Latest  (Read 4808 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:42:27 »

Personally I hold Sturock in high esteem and am prepared to listen and give thought to his views.....to the extent if he asks us to back off before games, then I believe it right to do so.  

It still leaves after games, so its not like he's saying no protests at all.....its unfortunate that he comes out in support of Diamond Mike, but he's probabaly a bit relieved that the scummer and co have done a runner, and whether we like it or not he's got to work with Newbury.

I'd imagine any number of us hold differing views about our bosses, for public and private consumption..
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:46:33 »

But it's not the fact that Sturrock is telling us to not protest, it's the fact that the board wheeled him out because they were shitting themselves. Therefore i am inclined to not like what he says because i know he is playing board lapdog.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:51:22 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
But it's not the fact that Sturrock is telling us to not protest, it's the fact that the board wheeled him out because they were shitting themselves. Therefore i am inclined to not like what he says because i know he is playing board lapdog.

Fair enough.....bung Sturrock into the pot then, when it comes to protest...after me 1..2..3...The Swindon Board....and Paul Stur..rock is full of shit....is full of shit...The Swindon Board etc...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:51:35 »

Anyone with such a strong opinion is likely to be on their high horse, no matter which stance they take on any club issue.

I can't say I blame people for getting a bit high and mighty when it comes to things Luggy says, simply because the supporters have been around a lot longer than he has. Naturally, they'll feel more familiar with the situation (plight?) of the the club.

Also, whilst Luggy is a good manager, these fans have stuck with the club through the highs and lows. They have kept this club going. One can't help but feel Luggy's cmments are more than a little patronising. That's the issue I personally have.

Let's not forget these reactions are far from knee jerk - we've had years of being in trouble. Getting somone to continuously bail us out will not wash - SSW won't be around forever. The club needs to re-think how it runs this operation and thus far it's just turned back to the only way it knows - not paying the bills until someone serious knocks on the door to collect their debt.
Melksham Red

« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:55:00 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Personally I hold Sturock in high esteem and am prepared to listen and give thought to his views.....to the extent if he asks us to back off before games, then I believe it right to do so.  

It still leaves after games, so its not like he's saying no protests at all.....its unfortunate that he comes out in support of Diamond Mike, but he's probabaly a bit relieved that the scummer and co have done a runner, and whether we like it or not he's got to work with Newbury.

I'd imagine any number of us hold differing views about our bosses, for public and private consumption..

Cheers Reg. That's pretty much how i'd have liked to put it but am not learned enough!
sonic youth

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:55:09 »

i want sturrock to keep out of board matters because it'll compromise his position. i don't want our best manager for a decade to be tarred with the same brush as the board...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 09:55:17 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"

Fair enough.....bung Sturrock into the pot then, when it comes to protest...after me 1..2..3...The Swindon Board....and Paul Stur..rock is full of shit....is full of shit...The Swindon Board etc...

Never said i'd include Luggy in a protest at all Reg  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 10:18:19 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"

Cheers Reg. That's pretty much how i'd have liked to put it but am not learned enough!

And FWIW, also neatly summarises why the Trust acceded to Sturrock's request not to protest before the game.
lebowski

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 10:22:42 »

probably the most reasonable and sane post i've seen over the past 4 months.

very well said.  :thumbs:
Sussex

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 10:36:08 »

Quote from: "lebowski"

probably the most reasonable and sane post i've seen over the past 4 months.

very well said.  :thumbs:

Agreed. But any more than three of them a year would be a bit much on here  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 11:03:24 »

oh shit.....where did that come from then, I must be losing my marbles :?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 11:12:59 »

bit of a u turn on the post about getting at them if you didn't know better though reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 11:33:24 »

Quote from: "arriba"
bit of a u turn on the post about getting at them if you didn't know better though reg?

What the post about the Trust board ?  OK, I don't think that our elected reps, have been nobbled by Mikey D.....it was a joke.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 12:14:23 »

Re the TRUST, what members say & post can't, isn't & shouldn't be controlled by the TRUST board. Although a memeber of the TRUST, I post as a normal fan. None of my views are or should be endorsed by the TRUSt or any one else.
If we don't like what the TRUST board say or do on our behalf we vote accordingly. So for example, you don't like Paul Davis you vote him out. If nobody stands against him you can.
Only recently the whole board put up for re-election & were ALL voted back on. There were other people standing too so it was a contest.  The vote was also totally independently scrutinised & organised by another TRUST. (Brissle City)

From the Dark Side

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, October 20, 2007, 16:54:45 »

Quote from: "arriba"

What the post about the Trust board ?  OK, I don't think that our elected reps, have been nobbled by Mikey D.....it was a joke.

i know reg,as was mine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: