Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Town End is open for Nottingham Forest  (Read 5755 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 13:08:07 »

Oh, no it's not:

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2103234,00.html

If you bought tickets for the TE you can swap to DRS or Arkells, both of you
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 13:20:46 »

Quelle surprise
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 13:39:27 »

Bit of a bugger....still according to the Forest fan Brain, the other day, they'll bring 2000, so should get a gate of 2300+

I always like to see how any new boys are shaping up...we do have 3.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 15:17:47 »

I like going to the smaller grounds in pre-season.
  1. You can get close enough to the pitch to hear the players properly. Which can be amusing
  2. You can cast you eye over the trialists the declare them crap.
  3. Its generally cheap to get in.
  4. Usually the non-league team want to beat you so it can be semi-competative.

The Forest game will have no big name players and will be non competative tappy tappy tedium. But I may go along with a Forest fan anyway Smiley

5. (AND MOST IMPORTANT)  you can drink beer whilst watching the game, hopefully in the snunshine.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 19:47:14 »

Can't help wondering if this pre-season friendly isn't a bit more than a kick about in the sun.  It has been widely reported that Forest & several other Championship sides have had Charlie Austin watched.  Given his prolific scoring record last year that was to be expected and I wouldn't have thought anyone is likely to make a bid just yet.  He's completed less that one full season of League football after all.  However what better way for Billy Davies to see if Charlie is the genuine article or just another lower league goal scorer who wouldn't be able to make the move to a higher level than to pit him against his own Forest team.  The many Forest fans that I work with they are very aware of Charlie's exploits and reckon that if he (Charlie) can continue his goalscoring next season then a bid is a real possibility.  I hope Charlie has a shocker Saturday!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 21:00:23 »

No need to worry about Forest, they haven't signed a player on a permanent deal in over a year, or so my Forest-supporting housemate was telling me. Their "acquisitions panel" cannot agree because Billy Davies is a ballbag.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: