Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chin up  (Read 33777 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 21:42:38 »

Nice, Chesterfield play extra time - good news with Saturday in mind.

Slavetraders get to play another game. Hopefully they will be distracted by playing Everton or West Ham next week.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 21:53:55 »

Nice, Chesterfield play extra time - good news with Saturday in mind.

Slavetraders get to play another game. Hopefully they will be distracted by playing Everton or West Ham next week.

Hopefully Gary Roberts will pick up a knock or strain....think he'd like to perform at the CG.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 21:58:31 »

Hopefully Gary Roberts will pick up a knock or strain....think he'd like to perform at the CG.

I don't think he'll be arsed, just like when he played for us!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 00:36:05 »

Just as a matter of interest, question to those who have managed to get to more games than me: is there any substance to the accusation of our players falling over too easily?  I heard that Swift had been accused last week at Fleetwood...but he has just come from Chelsea...  I saw nothing last night to suggest anything untoward; in fact, quite the opposite, as others have noted - a couple of occasions when it would have been easy to try to call a penalty, but they stayed on their feet.
kerry red

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 07:14:55 »

Swift is a bit of a lightweight and has probably been taught the dark arts at Chelsea.

As for the rest, they are no better or worse than all the other namby pambys
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 08:05:15 »

Just saw the goals on Points West and one of the shitty supporters claimed it was inevitable that they would win - arrogant prick!!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 08:17:54 »

Just as a matter of interest, question to those who have managed to get to more games than me: is there any substance to the accusation of our players falling over too easily?  I heard that Swift had been accused last week at Fleetwood...but he has just come from Chelsea...  I saw nothing last night to suggest anything untoward; in fact, quite the opposite, as others have noted - a couple of occasions when it would have been easy to try to call a penalty, but they stayed on their feet.

If we did you'd have thought we'd have had a player booked for diving at least once over the last year or two and I can't think of a single one.

..never go back.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 08:55:49 »

Thompson pretty much said in the post match interview he went down for the penalty when he felt contact but 99% of players would have done the same.

On the flip side Williams could have easily gone down when he had that chance for his hat trick but he stayed on his feet
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 10:06:49 »

Looked like he deliberately crossed in front of the defender then went down when there was contact. Nothing wrong with that, doubt many complained when Owen did similar against Argentina in the WC.

It is a fine line though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 10:41:42 »

Looked like he deliberately crossed in front of the defender then went down when there was contact. Nothing wrong with that, doubt many complained when Owen did similar against Argentina in the WC.

It is a fine line though.

The only real issue there was why the referee failed to issue 2 red cards...one to Nouble for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, and one to the donkey centre half for stamping on Louis?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 10:56:57 »

If we did you'd have thought we'd have had a player booked for diving at least once over the last year or two and I can't think of a single one.

Nathan Thompson at Yeovil this season? Or was that for deliberate handball? But yeah, few and far between really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:05:10 »

Thompson pretty much said in the post match interview he went down for the penalty when he felt contact but 99% of players would have done the same.

On the flip side Williams could have easily gone down when he had that chance for his hat trick but he stayed on his feet

The only question in that incident was how the Coventry player has escaped any sanctions after deliberately standing on Louis' nuts.

I can accept the officials missing it, but in retrospect . . .
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:09:08 »

Nathan Thompson at Yeovil this season? Or was that for deliberate handball? But yeah, few and far between really.

I still haven't really got any idea why he was sent off. Pretty sure it wasn't diving but who knows?!
kerry red

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:12:33 »

Wasn't it the old Nat getting fouled, grabbing the ball and then getting sent off for a 2nd bookable?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 11:13:33 »

That was for handball.  Though how he could avoid handling the ball after being pushed over onto the ball is another question.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: