Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dave Jones  (Read 5242 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:17:08 »

Was talking to an old boy last night who is normally spot on with his info who said Dave Jones is being lined up to take over from Paolo if things don't improve. Just looked on Wiki and it says there Jones is in talks to work alongside Paolo as Director of football ?
Muffin Man

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:19:18 »

Absolute bollocks IMO.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:20:46 »

if this circus carries on i think he would be a very good appointment. However PDC is going no where for the time being
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:21:05 »

Could well be but interesting all the same.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:23:13 »

Some fella from Barnet (apparently one of the coaches) was convinced last night PDC was on his way.  Needless to say its probably crap but was just odd how he seemed so sure.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:28:19 »

He told me before ko so it's not jumping the gun regards the scuffle, actually think he said Paolo has been given six weeks.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:32:29 »

I've always liked Dave Jones.

I can't see why he'd want to come here though, we're a bit below his level.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:37:27 »

I agree Samdy, it just nows seems a bit of a coincidence with what was said and the wiki bits. This old guy is about 80 but he really does know his stuff. Maybe Paolo has got a bit twitchy because the club have mentioned getting someone in to help him. Could also be a stop gap for Jones.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:38:07 »

I've always liked Dave Jones.

I can't see why he'd want to come here though, we're a bit below his level.

True. He said on 5 live recently that he wanted to get back into football managing at championship level so can't see that he would want to join us, especially as a DOF.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:40:00 »

Have heard this also from more than 1 source.

Do not htink it will happen yet though- but if we are not showing signs of moving up the table by the end of September expect it too.

The board expect a top3 finish and nothing less as do the investors- and so they should as well as the fans.
Muffin Man

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:43:02 »

I would love a child molester (alleged but aquitted but theres no smoke without fire) at our club, wonderful.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:46:07 »

Talking about a new manager shows what a worrying situation we are in. It's looking like the fears we all had that it could all go horribly wrong with Di canio may be coming to fruition. Bust ups with players,bizarre squad rotations,subbing players early on,no days off for the players,extreme training are not appearing to be working. Saturday infront of the sky cameras is now massive. Their viewing figures for a basement league game will be great for them now.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:46:23 »

I would love a child molester (alleged but aquitted but theres no smoke without fire) at our club, wonderful.

Would you prefer a child molester or a fascist at the club? How about we get both working together!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Muffin Man

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:47:26 »

Would you prefer a child molester or a fascist at the club? How about we get both working together!

Fascist. No contest.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 08:49:03 »

Except that Jones was found not guilty in a court of law and one of the main accusers has since admitted (whilst in jail on an unrelated matter) making the whole thing up for the compensation?

No smoke without fire is absolute bollocks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: