Pages: 1 ... 3419 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 3425 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9086141 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51315 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 09:59:59 »

Live in Boston (1970)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51316 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 10:17:42 »

Rumours

Superb Fleetwood mac album

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51317 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 10:53:24 »

Heard about Brewitt last week when he was at the CG for the game vs Harrogate where a friend of a friend took his picture pre game.

Interesting hsitory at Liverpool!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-tom-brewitt-daniel-cleary-injured-jurgen-klopp-b1071770.html

Not sure Mariappa was actually very close to signing for us and he left Burton for a new challenge and higher wages.

certainly not writing him off as reading the Morecambe forum he had a few really good games for them, short term contract, fuck all to lose in signing him. We need defensive bodies, he is that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51318 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:15:52 »

A few bits about him at his previous clubs.

Quote from: Morecambe FC
Morecambe boss Jim Bentley told the club website they had watched Brewitt play for Liverpool's youth teams.

"He has always impressed us with his attitude and ability," said Bentley "He comes to us after a short spell at Fylde where he would have learnt a lot about men's football.
"He started his career at Liverpool as a centre-half but has over the past few seasons played at centre midfield and full-back and it is always good to have a couple of utility players within your squad."

Quote from: Middlesborough FC
Former Liverpool youngster Tom Brewitt relishing 'new chapter' at Middlesbrough

The 20-year-old defender has joined Boro after being released by the Reds

Former Liverpool Academy defender Tom Brewitt is relishing the start of a “new chapter” after signing for Middlesbrough.

The 20-year-old centre-back was released by the Reds earlier this summer after 10 years in the club’s youth ranks.

He jumped at the opportunity to kick-start his career with the Championship outfit and passed a medical on Tuesday.

The ex-England youth international will link up with Boro’s under-23s squad for the start of pre-season training.

“He’s a talented lad who has 10 years of progress under his belt with Liverpool and we’ll all be working hard to ensure that development continues at Boro.”

Quote from: Fylde FC
AFC Fylde have confirmed the signing of defender Tom Brewitt on a one-year deal with the option to extend.

Brewitt made his Fylde and professional debut for the Coasters on Saturday, coming on as a second-half substitute in their 3-1 away win at Ebbsfleet United.

The defender started his career with Liverpool and progressed through the ranks to make his debut for the U18s.

During the 2017/18 season, Brewitt left Liverpool to join Middlesbrough on a free transfer but was released at the end of last season.

"There was interest from other clubs but after speaking with the gaffer and seeing the facilities on offer I was sold.’

“It was great to make my professional debut on Saturday and even better to seal it with a 3-1 win. Here’s hoping for many more and helping the club achieve promotion”.

When asked what he can bring to the club, Brewitt answered: “I am 100 per cent committed and more than comfortable in possession.

"Hopefully, I can learn from some of the other lads already here and keep the unbeaten run going”.

Manager Dave Challinor added: “We’re delighted to have signed Tom, he has a great pedigree and was highly thought of as a youngster having come through at Liverpool.

"He was regularly training with their first team and has also represented England at U17 level.”

Quote from: Hartford FC
Date of birth 11 February 1997
Age26
Country of birth England
Place of birth Liverpool
Position Defender
Height 183 cm
Weight 82 kg
Foot RightT
Tom  Patrizio Brewitt

Tom Brewitt, the Tacoma Defiance defender, has taken part in the vast majority of the club's USL Championship matches in 2021, making nine appearances overall and playing 708 minutes. He has started in seven of these appearances across their 11 fixtures and been used as a substitute on two occasions.

Brewitt last appeared in a competition game on July 12, playing 90 minutes for Tacoma Defiance versus LA Galaxy II in a 1-1 draw. He has been shown a yellow card once.

Prior to moving to Tacoma Defiance in May 2021, Brewitt made 22 league appearances in total at Morecambe, scoring one goal and providing two assists.

Quote from: Liverpool FC
Why was Tom Brewitt allowed to leave Liverpool for Middlesbrough? The view from Merseyside
The 20-year-old has completed his move to Boro, but why have Liverpool allowed one of their own to leave? We ask a Reds' expert
Tom Brewitt captains Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup

Middlesbrough have completed the signing of former Liverpool Academy defender Tom Brewitt - and he'll now be looking to break into Garry Monk's first-team set-up.

The 20-year-old will initially start off with Boro's Under-23 side ahead of the upcoming season, but will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of former England Under-17 teammate Dael Fry in establishing himself in the Football League.

So who is Brewitt, and why was the Liverpool-born lad, who spent a decade in the Anfield Academy, allowed to leave Merseyside on a free this summer ?

We caught up with the Liverpool Echo's James Pearce to find out more about Boro's latest recruit.

The kind of player Boro have signed
"He's a big lad but has a bit of everything. He is comfortable on the ball, he is happy to put his foot into a tackle, he's a good passer and he enjoys the physical side of the game.

"He's a tall boy - a strong centre-back who can handle himself in the air and can play out from the back with the ball at his feet.

"He's been at Liverpool a long time and came through the ranks, but has just seen the pathway to the first-team blocked of late.

"His contract came to an end this summer, and it was probably the right time for him to move on and take that next step."

Why he was allowed to leave Liverpool
"He didn't play a great deal last season, and he was a bit unfortunate in that sense.

"His opportunities were limited a lot, mainly because of the situation with Mamadou Sakho. He was dropped into the Under-23s by Jurgen Klopp so played a lot of the games. Had Sakho not have been there, Brewitt probably would have played.

"And then another centre-back Joe Gomez, who was recovering from a long-term injury, was also in the team - so Brewitt didn't play as often as he would have liked.

"But when he did play, he did nothing wrong."

Held in high regard by Academy staff
"The time was perhaps right for him to move from Liverpool, but he's had an excellent education here and the best coaching possible throughout the youth groups.

"Speaking to the Academy staff here, his attitude and application has always been top class - and they've been impressed with the way he handled being sat out of the team over the last 12 months.

"He will have wanted to play football - but circumstances went against him last season, but he kept going and his head didn't drop.

"I think Boro is a good move for him. He needed to go out and play football, as he hasn't had the opportunities he needed."

His target on Teesside
"I think Boro is a great opportunity for him. He'll probably start off with the Under-23s but I wouldn't be surprised to see him progress and take that step into senior league football at some point.

"Taking that step is very much about being given an opportunity, and he didn't really have that at Liverpool."

"I think he could definitely be able to handle himself physically in senior football.

"With any young player the question mark is if they can handle the intensity and physicality of the Football League, but I think Tom has shown he's definitely capable of that."

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51319 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 15:10:22 »

If he's half as good as McEachran, it'll be a great signing in the circumstances.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #51320 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 15:42:53 »

Why is it that other league 2 clubs that take in a fraction of the revenue in terms of gates we do find it so easy to get in players yet we can’t?
DMC

« Reply #51321 on: Saturday, March 4, 2023, 20:17:36 »

Why is it that other league 2 clubs that take in a fraction of the revenue in terms of gates we do find it so easy to get in players yet we can’t?
2 Reasons

1) They don't have nowhere near the budget we have already
2) Sandro
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51322 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 11:16:25 »

2 Reasons

1) They don't have nowhere near the budget we have already
2) Sandro
3) Sandro Cheesy

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #51323 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 12:36:36 »

Bizarrely there are a fair few who think Ralph is doing a good job and only following Clem’s strategy. They seem to solely base him doing well on the signing of Wakeling which is a loose argument to say the least.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51324 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:09:36 »

Bizarrely there are a fair few who think Ralph is doing a good job and only following Clem’s strategy. They seem to solely base him doing well on the signing of Wakeling which is a loose argument to say the least.

Not sure if this is quite where the mark is for me. I think Sandro is  culpable but the remit is also coming from somewhere in the club. It looked good with Chorley and the black book of contacts he could rely on, but something changed in the summer to decide on the stats based model. The recruitment from Sandro has been largely piss poor in terms of building a squad (a mix of talented players and experience), but no doubt for me he’s signed some talented players (Hutton, Wakeling, Lavinier, Brynn, Clayton) along with some dross. However, to say Sandro is the only person to blame is naive, as he must be acting on a remit. My speculation not based on evidence is that the club had to change models to try to be more cost efficient and make money as Angus and Clem found more hidden debt than they realised they’d inherit.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #51325 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:15:24 »

The recruitment from Sandro has been largely piss poor in terms of building a squad (a mix of talented players and experience), but no doubt for me he’s signed some talented players (Hutton, Wakeling, Lavinier, Brynn, Clayton) along with some dross.
But, surely this is what happens every single year, whoever is responsible for recruting players? Recrutement is almost always a bit hit and miss. I mean, if we want an extreme example, let's look at Di Canio - many Town fans' wet dream - and see how many of his signings were decent or piss poor.

Who do you consider to be piss poor from this season's crop, out of interest?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #51326 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:26:04 »

Jephcott, Brennan, Devine (on injuries), Shade, Darcy, Adeloye

Edit: forgot about Harries and Roberts too
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #51327 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 13:27:21 »

Harries & Adeloye....Roberts and Jephcott have hardly set the world on fire either.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51328 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 14:24:11 »

Quote from: theakston2k

As I posted on Twitter earlier

"
What's Sandro's brief?

Does he have to recruit u24 or is that his decision?

Does he get guided for which positions to recruit for, or does he decide himself?

Does he have a miniscule per-player wage, or is it competitive

Does he gets final decision on signings or the manager

January window was crap. Are we in a cash flow crisis?

It's Sandro the reason for slow signings and the lack of assistant manager?

I am not saying Sandro is the man that should be in charge. Not at all.

But it looks like a collective dropping of the bollock club wide.
"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51329 on: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 14:49:27 »

As I posted on Twitter earlier

"
What's Sandro's brief?

Does he have to recruit u24 or is that his decision?

Does he get guided for which positions to recruit for, or does he decide himself?

Does he have a miniscule per-player wage, or is it competitive

Does he gets final decision on signings or the manager

January window was crap. Are we in a cash flow crisis?

It's Sandro the reason for slow signings and the lack of assistant manager?

I am not saying Sandro is the man that should be in charge. Not at all.

But it looks like a collective dropping of the bollock club wide.
"

Yeah, this.

We still don’t know how much of the stuff Sandro gets blamed for is actually his doing.
There are clearly issues and no doubt some of them are Sandro but all of them?

Plus, a lot of the players who have been written off as crap signing did not look great under Scott Lindsey who was not a good manager.

Now, if Morris starts getting a good tune out of the players - is that because they were good signings? Because Morris is a great manager? Realistically it would be somewhere in the middle

Also, it’s been done to death but the decision to let MacDonald go still doesn’t sit right and I’d love to know whose decision that was and why
Player wise -
Pages: 1 ... 3419 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 3425 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: