Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Burton Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 41142 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 23:15:28 »

I enjoyed tonight a lot more than Saturday. Got on with it and got the job done. Fair play to Burton for at least attempting to keep the ball on the deck, very few hoof balls from them but never troubled us.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 23:22:26 »

So, come on. All of us on the forum tonight give us the reasons we are not actually at the game.

Me - I'm in Ireland - got a ticket for the Pox though

Me too - Dublin
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 23:29:00 »

Not a classic game by any stretch of the imagination.  First half wasn't great, but we stepped up in the second half and there was plenty more left in the tank if needed, which it wasn't. 

As we came out of the ground, one of the stewards said 'This is getting boring isn't it, all this winning?'.  She was joking, but it definitely feels a bit strange!  10 games on the bounce and we move on to Oxford on Saturday.  Bring it on, because We are Swindon and We're Top of The League!! Cheesy
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 23:40:40 »

What a nice chap.  Strange accent, mind.

Canadian?
Spud

« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 00:05:32 »

Got to laugh at some of our idiots fans. Heard one bloke in the bogs at half time say "What fucking rubbish!".

Bit OTT. We had the major share of the possession first half, but just couldn't find the break through. We stayed patient and that patience paid off in the end.

Looking forward to Saturday now. Nice 8am start on the beer!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 00:15:05 by Spud » Logged
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 00:14:10 »

Looks good, eh?

[url width=818 height=571]http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s460/tehdarkprince/Table.png[/url]
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 00:39:50 »

Risser played a ball forward in the second half which the Town End clapped, and you could almost see him grow in confidence after that. Whatever you think of his ability (and there is no doubt he has some, look at the goals hes scored) we havnt got the best out of him, and hopefully that can change now.

10 in a row!

He also had a cracking tackle and seemed to get more confident after this too. Clearly a player that needs some encouragement.
Spud

« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 01:53:25 »

I've been one of Risser's biggest critics but fair play to him, he had a good game tonight. Got stuck in and allowed Ferry to dictate the play in the middle, whilst he did the hassling when Burton's midfield had the ball.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 02:18:34 »

whats radio wilts text number? lets start a campaign to get me to co commentate oxford Smiley

Yes let's. Or actually not. I'm sure that after your self-imposed exile there might be a struggle to attach faces to names. If you're off to Wembley Mex, we're the ones wearing red, not the AMEX blue you've been used to watching this season !!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 02:43:01 »

Yes let's. Or actually not. I'm sure that after your self-imposed exile there might be a struggle to attach faces to names. If you're off to Wembley Mex, we're the ones wearing red, not the AMEX blue you've been used to watching this season !!

I'm not quite sure if I have fondled your children's genitals but i seem to have personally offended you? From asking around you seem a bit of a cunt, you need to get out more and stop worrying fella.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 07:40:43 »

What is the record for clean sheets in a season in this shit division?

We must be getting close now - just keep the scum out on Saturday and exact our revenge!

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 08:01:32 »

Textbook win... only minor gripe, do we have to change every song to be that 'we are Swindon, we'll do what we want' tune? What happened to the standard 'we are top of the league, say we are top of the league'?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 08:23:51 »

I know our ultimate goal is to get promoted irrespective of how we do it, but how many of the records set in 85/86 do you think we could get?

Seventeen club records were broken or equalled:

•Most league points in a season (102 points)
•Most home league points in a season (62 points)
•Most away league points in a season (40 points)
•Longest unbeaten league sequence (21 matches - previous record 15)
•Most consecutive away league games without defeat (11 matches - previously Cool
•Fewest defeats in a Football League season (8 matches - previous record 9)
•Most consecutive home league wins (14 matches - previous record 13)
•Most consecutive away league wins (6 matches - previous record 5)
•Most league wins in a season (32 matches - previous record 27)
•Most home league wins in a season (20 matches - previous record 18)
•Most away league wins in a season (12 matches - previous record 9)
•Longest league sequence without a draw (29 matches - previous record 22)
•Longest league sequence without conceding a goal (592 mins - previously 578 mins)
•Longest away league sequence without onceding a goal (516 mins)
•Fewest away goals conceded in a Football League season (24 - previously 25)
•Best goal difference in a Football League season (+39 - previous record +36)
•Highest position in a Football League division (1st)

I know some have been beaten or equalled since, but why not try and win this league in style!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 08:25:15 »

Textbook win... only minor gripe, do we have to change every song to be that 'we are Swindon, we'll do what we want' tune? What happened to the standard 'we are top of the league, say we are top of the league'?

Times and songs move on...although its taken us about 6 years to have a 'White Stripes/7 nation army' song...the Germans had it at their World Cup and only made an appearance at the CG this year.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 08:48:05 »

I know, but I don't think it works as well.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: