Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wovers Sack Penney  (Read 8360 times)
woolster

« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:09:58 »

A win wouldn't have been "nice" - wins are "nice" when you're midtable. When you're playing at home against one of the sides who's right in the shit with you at the start of a run of 3 such games (and the easiest of the 3), a win isn't nice, it's bloody vital.

Yes
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:13:16 »

Wilson to Rovers

My mate who's an Oldham fan just mentioned this to me. Seems viable. And would be horrendous if he goes there and keeps them up at our expense. As they say though, it's pretty much in our hands as to if we stay up or not. Just a shame those hands are terrible at scoring goals and indeed defending, two fairly fundemental features of this game that is actuall starting to do my head in!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:16:55 »

My mate who's an Oldham fan just mentioned this to me. Seems viable. And would be horrendous if he goes there and keeps them up at our expense.

Don't think it'll be a problem, Stuart Campbell's been named player manager until end of the season.
Spencer_White

« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:17:55 »

Wilson isnt good at fighting relegation.

If he took over at Rovers it would be more a worry that he would lead them to the L2 championship next season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:22:38 »

I see why Ralphy is miffed...it was a negative performance in some ways...but there were positives out of it.....being these.

1-over 10,000 even with the free tickets was superb.

2-Hitting the woodwork twice means you could count yourself unlucky.

3-Walsall,a form side didn't have one shot on target,which leads me to

4-A good clean sheet...the defence has taken a lot of stick and rightly so but they deserve some praise for Saturdays shut out.

Pity we couldn't have got young Mason,looks a good player and have a bad feeling he could feature tomorrow on the scoresheet.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:27:44 »

I'd rather we went for it against teams that are not around us. We might need to win but we also cannot afford to give 3 points to the likes of Walsall.

I'd agree with this statement if I hadnt actually gone to the game and seen how toothless, attacking less and how much Walsall had no intention to win that game.

We were never going to lose that game in a month of sundays.

But not losing is better imo. A win would've been nice, but if we lost then we'd be further adrift. It was his first game in charge, so lets not get on his back too soon!

It's funny though, a change of manager just proves that shit players are still shit.

The position we are in a draw is no better than a defeat.

A win wouldn't have been "nice" - wins are "nice" when you're midtable. When you're playing at home against one of the sides who's right in the shit with you at the start of a run of 3 such games (and the easiest of the 3), a win isn't nice, it's bloody vital.

I'd say more than bloody vital.

Infact, i'd go as far as to say not winning that game saturday will relegate us.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:33:19 »

Rovers' season has been just as pathetic as ours.
Ours has been a fair bit worse, considering the money spent and expectation at the start of the season. They kept hold of their best player in January so are still in with a chance.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:39:22 »

I'm not interested in seeing the two clubs whip out their dicks to see who's is smallest.

Will Hoksins hasn't scored in five and their form hasn't improved ALL SEASON. Heck they've won the same amount of games as Swindon and yet somehow they have this reputation from our fans of being more likely to win a game.

This all standard 'woe is me' nonsense, I'm sure the Gasheads are all are saying to themselves "not to worry folks, Will Hoskins will keep us" ... Perhaps not.
Spencer_White

« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 18:40:10 »

Ours has been a fair bit worse, considering the money spent and expectation at the start of the season. They kept hold of their best player in January so are still in with a chance.

They wont stay up. Neither will we.

But we should have the finances to hit back next season. Not so sure about them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 19:08:59 »

They wont stay up. Neither will we.

But we should have the finances to hit back next season. Not so sure about them.

Finances only count for something if they're used in the right way...we need pretty much a complete re-build, but it must be the type of player effective in Div4....consider the last time, Lee Peacock was PotY...never the most gifted but a grafter.

Roberts, was also useful that year, someone with a bit of edge....later on we had goals from Corr and young Lukas to get us over the line....big buggers.

The old head on Williams, could make Jerel useful down there.

Sturrock has got Sarfend there or thereabouts, on essentially nothing, if he had next season you'd expect to go back up. The Board have to get this one right, or we could be hanging about for a while.

Rovers and Trollope did it on the back of Lambert, who Wise wanted.  How much of that success was down to Trollope and how much Lawrence, we'll never know.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 19:11:39 »

we have to make ourselves harder to beat, which is what hart is doing.

If he did this v Plymouth then I'd absolutely agree. Away from home we have been leaking goals left, right, centre, just off centre, leftish but not as left as left.....

We were already hard to score against at home over the last 6 games (4 draws (3x0-0, 1x1-1) and 2 losses (both 1-0 defeats). We needed to turn that into wins. This is what could keep us up, but we seem incapable of being attacking.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 19:16:21 »

Infact, i'd go as far as to say not winning that game saturday will relegate us.

It's Franchise all over again.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 19:53:57 »

Finances only count for something if they're used in the right way...we need pretty much a complete re-build, but it must be the type of player effective in Div4....consider the last time, Lee Peacock was PotY...never the most gifted but a grafter.

Roberts, was also useful that year, someone with a bit of edge....later on we had goals from Corr and young Lukas to get us over the line....big buggers.

Sturrock has got Sarfend there or thereabouts, on essentially nothing, if he had next season you'd expect to go back up. The Board have to get this one right, or we could be hanging about for a while.

All good shouts.

Worth noting that Matt Ritchie scored 11 goals for the Daggers in League 2 2008–2009. No idea what position that was in, mind. One would imagine he'd be a key player for us should we do the expected and go down.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 7, 2011, 19:57:24 by bigbobjoylove » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 20:03:24 »

Rovers and Trollope did it on the back of Lambert, who Wise wanted.  How much of that success was down to Trollope and how much Lawrence, we'll never know.

Roberts did my head in that season after Wise left. It was an absolute relief to watch Corr, Jutkiewicz and even Blair Sturrock come in towards the end of the season. I think Paul Sturrock knew an alkie when he saw one (takes one to know one?) and was realistic as to where Roberts was going.

Frampton and Flint will be fine. Amankwaah will depend on whether he gets on with the new manager, he needs an arm around his shoulder. Could be the making of Ferry, but then he might have an agent who thinks he is too good for div 4? Ritchie and Benyon have been successful in this league before. So we need about 11 players. We need a wheeler dealer, like Sturrock as you say.

Monkhouse was a good L2 player. An ungainly player, but very effective and very grateful to be playing League football. The complete opposite to someone like Caddis, who has tasted the highlife and isnt that effective in the lower leagues.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 7, 2011, 22:21:03 »

I think people give League 2 too much respect. With this current team in that league, we would walk it. I'm sorry but League 2 is piss poor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: