Pages: 1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1279932 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5220 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 20:11:32 »

I do wonder why Greg Norman resigned...

When he left he was telling a lot of people that things were happening that he couldn’t stand by as a Swindon fan.

Apparently he also said to a few people don’t be surprised if Clem sells up to CK soon.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5221 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 20:31:58 »

When he left he was telling a lot of people that things were happening that he couldn’t stand by as a Swindon fan.

Apparently he also said to a few people don’t be surprised if Clem sells up to CK soon.
Wouldn’t surprise me, he’s clearly already a director. That was published in the programme and for whatever reason hidden thereafter and this share nonsense just basically confirms that.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #5222 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 20:52:05 »

It’s shocking how silent the trust have been since the “statement”. I’m guessing that they’re trying to work out how the hell they are going to spin this….I’m a member & seriously thinking of dropping it, I imagine I won’t be the only one right now.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #5223 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:17:23 »

Things will eventually come to light.
Who knows anything about this Keily fellow ?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5224 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:22:37 »

Things will eventually come to light.
Who knows anything about this Keily fellow ?

Was just thinking the same. Wonder if the trust plan on doing any 'due diligence'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5225 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:23:12 »

Quote from: Mooneyraker
And didn’t that go well…

we should be so lucky,
lucky lucky lucky

(yeah I did the same joke earlier on Twitter)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5226 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:23:22 »

Just reading the statement again, it mentions that most of the £2.9m has been paid back.

Interesting that looking at the AB financial updates this was obviously first paid off in August 2022. Which was when the club put out a statement to celebrate the debenture being paid off. In the same statement there is a lot of hat waving that Clem has achieved this himself.

What is odd is that we now know that the £2.9m was something that had to be paid back to others. So that £2.9m disappeared from the AB financial updates as a debenture, but never reappeared as a debt to others on there.

So the question is has Clem paid that back out of his pocket and as such deserves a back slap that the statement last year gave him or have we paid it back ourselves from the club coffers?

If we are paying it back should it now reappear as a debt on the AB financial update? Alternatively if the debt is against Clem and we are paying it back, is that not technically him taking money out the club which he said he wouldn’t do? The fact we are penny pinching so much does make you wonder.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:47:52 by Trashbat? » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5227 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:27:43 »

Wouldn’t surprise me, he’s clearly already a director. That was published in the programme and for whatever reason hidden thereafter and this share nonsense just basically confirms that.

Wouldn't that have to be declared and published via companies house too?

I guess it makes no difference to influence the running of the club, formal or informal other than dodging director responsibilities
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5228 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:37:06 »

If only they were still around I'm sure they would have come up with a sketch to suit😀

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5229 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:47:35 »

Genuinely fear for the state of the human race looking at Facebook. Just cunts spouting positivity bollocks and how Clem has been honest when they clearly don't have a single solitary fucking clue of what has even happened. Just wanking each other off about being real fans because they're happy to blindly follow anything.

No wonder we ended up with in such a state with Lee fucking Power. Only encourages sharks to rip us off if they think this is the intelligence level of our fan base.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5230 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:49:16 »

Just reading the statement again, it mentions that most of the £2.9m has been paid back.

Interesting that looking at the AB financial updates this obviously happened in August 2022. Which was when the club put out a statement to celebrate the debenture being paid off. In the same statement there is a lot of hat waving that Clem has achieved this himself.

What is odd is that we now know that the £2.9m was something that had to be paid back to others. So that £2.9m disappeared from the AB financial updates as a debenture, but never reappeared as a debt to others on there.

So the question is has Clem paid that back out of his pocket and as such deserves a back slap that the statement last year gave him or have we paid it back ourselves from the club coffers?

If we are paying it back should it now reappear as a debt on the AB financial update? Alternatively if the debt is against Clem and we are paying it back, is that not technically him taking money out the club which he said he wouldn’t do? The fact we are penny pinching so much does make you wonder.
Assuming he has paid back the £2.9m it would be interesting to know where the money came from. Did he really liquidate assets or has it actually come from the clubs turnover, would explain why we constantly seem to be struggling for funds if £’s are being diverted to pay that off.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5231 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 21:59:32 »

Assuming he has paid back the £2.9m it would be interesting to know where the money came from. Did he really liquidate assets or has it actually come from the clubs turnover, would explain why we constantly seem to be struggling for funds if £’s are being diverted to pay that off.

Clem has said he would never take a penny out of the club so would that technically mean the former rather than the latter?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5232 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:03:53 »

I do worry about some of the posters on here.....

This is obviously not a good situation.
I want the club to thrive, but I don't want thieves and crooks anywhere near it.
Sad thing is, I think that most money out there is dirty in some way.

I hope Clem is a genuine bloke who wants to do the right thing. I hope he found that he didnt have enough money to do it and then did whatever it took to protect his investment. And I now hope that he really is paying back the creditors and that we will be gangster free.

But, I suspect that the whole thing is rotten from top to bottom - like most football clubs!

I don't have the money to buy the club and do things 'right' so guess I am stuck with hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5233 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:03:56 »

I mean I think it's legitimate to use club turnover to pay takeover costs.

not sure how Id feel about it. probably pissed off about more secrecy I guess. But it would mean more budget after.

all in theory
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5234 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:04:01 »

Its the cunts that insist others do the same or they're not proper fans that get on my tits. They can fuck off. Fucking simpletons that don't know what day of the week it is.

Today is Thurnesday the 65nd of Augruary  Harsh Funny

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 348 [349] 350 351 352 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: