Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: O'Brien  (Read 15362 times)
TimFod

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 07:43:31 »

O'Brien was on the pitch all 45 minutes during the first half Saturday, tell me what attacking threat we had in the first half? One goal from a throw in, one shot into the goal keepers midrif................totally it!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 07:55:28 »

no offence but were you actually there? he was our only attacking threat saturday.
Dozno9

« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 07:58:04 »

I do worry that with every tackle he's gonna go down injured.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 08:05:13 »

Nice to see players getting a chance. What I've seen of O'Brien this season he's been good. Some players, like Vince and OB, will likely never be good enough for some.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:32:24 »

Agree with the point that he hasn't got a footballing brain. His best work appears when someone else has forced the issue for him, a through ball played that makes up his mind for him and that he has to go for etc. I was there on Saturday and although he had a couple of decent runs he was not our only attacking threat as Caddis to got down the line with crosses into the box and resulting a couple of corners and throw ins in the second half in our corner of the ground, first half along with several others he was pretty non existent. Didn't hear the booing when he got subbed but agree with most that its totally out of order however he's played. O'Brien certainly isn't our biggest problem but not our greatest or most improved player either.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 09:41:27 »

Reminds me of Mcnamee..........not in appearance obviously but in his style of play.
Players like that need a system of play ware they are the pivotal point of the team...get the ball to them and they will deliver good crosses.
Fact is our midfield dont get the ball to him/them enough but more of a baffling scenario is that when on the odd occasion they do manage a quality cross into the box............our style of play means generally there is no one there to take advantage.
So in short they are attack minded players,playing in a defence minded team.....it dosn't work.
As a side note to this in almost every game this season we have gained more corners than the opposition during 90 mins and again we are to negative in our play to take advantage....its not a critisism but its a Danny Wilson style of play.....when the team wins 1-0 or get a good solid away draw this style is what we all like.....a manager cant win really.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:03:45 »

i thought he was very good saturday and when he was subbed we lost all our attacking threat.

I didn't go Saturday but I've thought this in other games this season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:19:12 »

AOB will come good for us as long as he stays fit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:22:15 »

when he plays more games and his confidence improves i really think he will be a great asset, being injured for so long must have totally fucked him up,
Matchwinning performance tomorrow i reckon
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 12:10:51 »

to go back two pages - the reason people bang on about danny ward is that there was where the bar was. to have someone who is not as good could be seen as a backwards step.

he does offer rose fuck all (absolutely no angles for passes) but when he can stretch his legs he's definitely a big problem for most defenses

i would like to see another left and/or right winger at the club just for some competition though

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 12:27:51 »

to go back two pages - the reason people bang on about danny ward is that there was where the bar was. to have someone who is not as good could be seen as a backwards step.

he does offer rose fuck all (absolutely no angles for passes) but when he can stretch his legs he's definitely a big problem for most defenses

i would like to see another left and/or right winger at the club just for some competition though

Danny Ward was on loan. We did not own him. He cannot set a bar. James Milner was class when he was on loan, however I dont expect every Swindon player after him to be that good. Alas Michael Carrick and Shay Given.

It's the harsh reallity of loan signings..
jb

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 12:29:50 »

I am starting to think we shouldn't have let Mark Marshall leave...
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 12:30:54 »

that's utter rubbish.
we did well with certain players, we need to get players of said quality in order to do as well again (or just fluke our way through but that doesn't happen for a season).
just because we didn't own ward or HRK or Cox initially that doesn't mean they didn't set a standard

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Coca Fola

« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 12:52:21 »

He's like Forrest Gump.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 16:04:26 »

that's utter rubbish.
we did well with certain players, we need to get players of said quality in order to do as well again (or just fluke our way through but that doesn't happen for a season).
just because we didn't own ward or HRK or Cox initially that doesn't mean they didn't set a standard

I totally understand your point. But you have got to understand the reallity of the situation, finding another Danny Ward is quite a mean task. If you are expecting DW to sign another player of Danny Ward's quallity then I think you are going to be quite upset come the end of the season. I also wouldn't include Danny Ward in the same group as HRK and maybe not Cox, I would say Danny Ward is more in the category of Milner and Carrick.

Danny, Danny Fucking Ward.... Danny, Danny Fucking Ward
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: