Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton United vs Swindon Town Build Up & Match Day  (Read 9748 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 18:26:26 »

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 18:33:56 »

Anyone know if there was any booing at full time or was it the usual players and fans applauding each other in harmony🤔
When Gunning applauded the fans there was a loud outpouring of boos and abuse

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 18:36:05 »

In no way does it excuse the pathetic performance but Sutton have now won four on the bounce. They aren't push overs right now.

I don't see much of today's game to be honest. I did see new bloke started after Gunning said he was miles off.

I asked venks, but how did he do?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 18:40:14 »

Reflecting on it, Morris getting appointed last season rather than Gunning getting the job full time as some suggested is just important as the Flynn 9 game spell this season. If Gunning had started off this season in charge we’d be down already IMO.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 18:46:50 »

When Gunning applauded the fans there was a loud outpouring of boos and abuse

Not condoning the abuse but it’s about time the fans showed their disapproval when the players don’t seem to give 100% on the pitch.

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 19:09:42 »

In no way does it excuse the pathetic performance but Sutton have now won four on the bounce. They aren't push overs right now.

I don't see much of today's game to be honest. I did see new bloke started after Gunning said he was miles off.

I asked venks, but how did he do?
4/10. He tried but didn’t make too much of an impression. McEachran was our best midfielder today.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 19:13:48 »

Not his fault, but miles off it. How McEachran and Cain didn't start, Christ knows

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 19:17:51 »

Not his fault, but miles off it. How McEachran and Cain didn't start, Christ knows
If you saw the challenge on McEachran by Sowunmi then you would get the answer. McEachran looked like a child against him and was ‘brutalised’! Cain would have been broken into little pieces!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:12:32 »

Just went you thought it couldnt get any worse!

Keeper made two terrible errors but still got MOM for me due to the saves he made to keep the score less shameful.

Club should refund those that went or issue some sort of voucher for the end of season fire sale.

Just looked at the low lights.....cannot believe the lack of effort for the last goal...the pits.

Hopefully we can stumble over the line (please) but FFS we have to get some sort of structure sorted for next season.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:16:48 »

Whos pissed on McGurks chips!?

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:50:57 »

Whos pissed on McGurks chips!?

Don't think he's physically up to it right now, understandable. He looked properly knackered coming off v Notts C
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:56:08 »

…because when they do start they look miles off it. Our midfield has been a problem most of the seasons. Inconsistent tactics, inconsistent seletcions & inconsistent performances.

The fact it’s April & outside of Kemp you’d argue none of our midfielders have nailed down a starting spot in the XI
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 09:59:37 »

Jake Cain has started seven league games all season, he's a really odd one. Started more games last season and he didn't sign until January!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:02:16 »

Jake Cain has started seven league games all season, he's a really odd one. Started more games last season and he didn't sign until January!

Still think there is a player in there too. His technique is miles ahead of everyone else (in the current squad).
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:04:44 »

Yeah its very odd.

I wouldn't say Cain has impressed, however earlier this season i seem to remember him scoring a couple of goals when he came in. He was an acceptable back up to Kemp for me.

Gunning has just abandoned any desire to play a midfield, the most important part of the fucking team. Sure Cain/McEachran lack the physicality, but play those 2 with someone more physical and i think that's acceptable, if not good.

But its all connected for me. The problem since Jan has been the ball doesn't stick up top. Austin (in my opinion) is so far gone now its untrue. If the front line can't hold up the ball and offer the midfield a chance to join them, then the midfield end up looking worse than they are. Very few players are Kemp and can run 40 yards with the ball.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: