Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Booing of Bentley  (Read 7691 times)
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 15:24:19 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
no point in debating with an idiot.

Assume that was directed at me?

Well if that's the level of your debate, I'll debate with someone else thanks.
Spud

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 15:44:03 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
The poor lad was knackered, give him a break.
In that case he should of told pearce im knackered but i will come.Then if he does not perform he can say well i did tell the manager and then its pearce who has to answer the critics.If he had been called up to the full squad he would not have said he was knackered so on that basis he was talking shite.

Whoever said its simalar to the carragher situation is also talking shit.Carragher rightly pointed out that other young defenders should be sat on the bench who will gain experience from it rather than putting a 29 yr old their for no reason.Mclaren even fucked that up by calling sol campbell back up

I was actually being sarcastic, the fact is he didn't even have a big European run like others who had played for Man Utd,Liverpool,Chelsea and even Spurs so the 'i'm knackered excuse' is a joke.
flammableBen

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 16:05:16 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
It would mean the world to me to pull on the shirt of my country and walk out in front of my own people with the eagle on my chest. It would make me hugely proud, and for somebody to turn their back on that is quite frankly idiotic

Yeah but whilst it's a dream for you, for him it's a reality. And it's not his fault that some idiots who couldn't realised their dreams are a bit bitter.
land_of_bo

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 16:16:19 »

Let's face it, the under 21 tournament is shit.

Anyone half decent plays for the full national team and skips the 21's anyway, how many regular U21 players made the grade at full international level?

Players like Rooney, Owen, Beckham etc all skipped the U21's and went straight into the full squad.

He made a good decision as someone else pointed out. He would have ended up with 1 week off before pre-season, be knackered now and playing shit (look what happened to Henry a season or so ago) and then he would not be able to force his way into the Euro 08 squad (assuming we qualify).

Booing him was stupid. How many of those fans booing him even give a shit about the U21's? Probably not many, I know I don't.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 17:21:24 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Dachauer"
It would mean the world to me to pull on the shirt of my country and walk out in front of my own people with the eagle on my chest. It would make me hugely proud, and for somebody to turn their back on that is quite frankly idiotic

Yeah but whilst it's a dream for you, for him it's a reality. And it's not his fault that some idiots who couldn't realised their dreams are a bit bitter.

I am not bitter, I couldn't care less about him playing/not playing for england as I am not a england fan. If it happened to in my national team I would be angry and if I was the coach I wouldn't pick him again.

He is shite anyway

I come from a land down-under
lebowski

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 18:50:01 »

let's not forget that rhys evans once got an u21 call up.

i don't know about you lot but that demonstrates to me just how worthless that level of football is.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 18:53:13 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
i don't know about you lot but that demonstrates to me just how worthless that level of football is.

Correctamundo !!!!!!

He has made quite a career for himself off the back of that hasn't he ?

red macca

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 18:53:47 »

Bollocks
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 18:56:56 »

Quote from: "red macca"

Bollocks

Bollocks
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 19:08:25 »

I think he was only brought on on Saturday to get the booing out of the way. He knows that he's better off in the long run (performance-wise this season getting him a chance of getting into the full squad for the summer) having missed the U-21 rubbish and getting a rest. Now he's playing well and will be seriously in contention, especially as McClaren is playing with actual wide-men now.

If the England selectors took the U-21 seriously then so would the players. THey would go and play in the U-21 World Cup and have a go at winning it if they thought they could build their reputations etc, but no-one cares about it.

If the best U-21 players were picked in the teams then players would take it much more seriously, but as it is, players aren't going to be picked for the full squad on the back of what they do for the young-uns and as such it should work the other way too, you won't get discounted from the full squad for what you don't do with the U-21s.

Oh, and BOLLOCKS

never trust a nun...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 06:34:58 »

I know, he gave me a pair of his gloves from his time as u21 goalkeeper. I believe they have butter all over them

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 11:52:48 »

To be honest the good thing about england fans booing their own players and labelling them rubbish, and the manager as a retard, does save the Scots from having to do that kinda thing.

It leaves us to concentrate on not conceding 5 without reply tonight. (which I am worried about).
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 13:36:23 »

Quote from: "janaage"
To be honest the good thing about england fans booing their own players and labelling them rubbish, and the manager as a retard, does save the Scots from having to do that kinda thing.

It leaves us to concentrate on not conceding 5 without reply tonight. (which I am worried about).
Don't worry, it's only France  Wink

If you're lucky the pitch will have been churned up a bit by the rugby!
Spencer_White

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 18:31:34 »

Much less was made of the Crouch booing, which was an utter disgrace. I was at that game, it was totally disgusting. Also thought the 'Mclaren is a wanker' chants at Andorra were equally as idiotic.

I booed Bentley on saturday though. Should have pricked his ego a bit at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: