Pages: 1 ... 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 ... 847   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1222214 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #12480 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 11:31:28 »

After 50+ years supporting STFC I’ve finally had enough - something I would never have contemplated only a few months ago. I have zero enthusiasm and I’m sad to say, I no longer care much.

Never, ever thought that could happen.
In exactly the same position Aud, 50+ years and never in my life thought this would ever happen.
Just lost all enthusiasm in the last two or three years, really only turn up because I have a season ticket and it gives me a day out with the lads.  Could still come to Swindon just for a few beers and then fuck off home I suppose.
Still undecided with the season ticket,  no pleasure in turning up but think I would miss the day out.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12481 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 11:42:37 »

Fucking lightweights  Smiley. I pay full price too, not being a season ticket holder. I'll be there Saturday. I'm going to see what the club position is during the summer to decide if I'll come back.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12482 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 12:18:11 »

After 50+ years supporting STFC I’ve finally had enough - something I would never have contemplated only a few months ago. I have zero enthusiasm and I’m sad to say, I no longer care much.

Never, ever thought that could happen.

I still care, but just as when McMoan sold Fjortoft (for half price) & didn’t replace him, appointing Gunning feels like it’s us accepting relegation as inevitable.

For that reason I will be out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12483 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 12:30:40 »

I still care, but just as when McMoan sold Fjortoft (for half price) & didn’t replace him, appointing Gunning feels like it’s us accepting relegation as inevitable.

For that reason I will be out.

I don't think anyone would question your commitment and breaking point, but had you down as a diehard and so its very sad and concerning its come to this.

You won't be alone. Gawd knows how many casual ST holders we'll lose if the stalwarts are broken.

Buggered If I'd travel from Posh every game right now - hope you make a few.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12484 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 12:44:52 »

I don't think anyone would question your commitment and breaking point, but had you down as a diehard and so its very sad and concerning its come to this.

You won't be alone. Gawd knows how many casual ST holders we'll lose if the stalwarts are broken.

We’re trying to sell up & move back to Wiltshire, if we do I will probably still go to the odd game, will possibly get a ST again if they show some kind of ambition.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12485 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:24:54 »

Could still come to Swindon just for a few beers and then fuck off home I suppose.
Still undecided with the season ticket,  no pleasure in turning up but think I would miss the day out.

I know quite a few people that head out on a Saturday home game day as normal and just stay down the pub. Done it myself a couple of times as well. Only a lot of the people you'd bump in to before aren't bothering at all now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12486 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:26:39 »

A lot of the people packing it in are the most die hard. Its just gotta take either completely living under a rock or being that utterly clueless for most people renewing now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12487 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:27:14 »

We’re trying to sell up & move back to Wiltshire, if we do I will probably still go to the odd game, will possibly get a ST again if they show some kind of ambition.

Always a half season ticket if we're still not stuck in purgatory come Christmas.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #12488 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:36:47 »

The silence at the moment says it all. Hopefully there is some big announcement around the corner (sale?!) with a credible solution. Even had someone call me this morning to tell me the club has gone to the wall, but there's just nothing emerging from any sort of leadership - which has been a big issue all along. People running the club have to have to be present and hands on. Look at the Ray Hardman interview from a few weeks' back from TSTBL, and even in the dark days of early 2000s - most of the CEOs were generally readily available and out there to speak to the media. Swindon has so much potential with a brilliant fanbase, but as a fan of over 30 years, it just feels like it's being kicked about in the dust.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 14:26:35 by CMT82 » Logged
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #12489 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:46:24 »

I'd love to hear an interview from Rob Angus. Not that he'd probably be allowed to say anything but bet he's got a lot of stories about things that have gone on.

LSPOD should try and get him on
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12490 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:47:11 »

Gunning now in the adver saying why he thinks he deserves the job.

Fuck off.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12491 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:49:06 »

The silence at the moment says it all. Hopefully there is some big announcement around the corner (sale?!) with a credible solution. Even had someone call me this morning to tell me the club has gone into admin - not true (from what I can see), but there's just nothing emerging from any sort of leadership - which has been a big issue all along. People running the club have to have to be present and hands on. Look at the Ray Hardman interview from a few weeks' back from TSTBL, and even in the dark days of early 2000s - most of the CEOs were generally readily available and out there to speak to the media. Swindon has so much potential with a brilliant fanbase, but as a fan of over 30 years, it just feels like it's being kicked about in the dust.

Episode with Ray Hardman? I must have missed this, cant find it?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12492 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:54:58 »

Someone remind me, is there a severe implication of going into admin (beyond the obvious fact we are in Admin), because of the number of times its happened to the club before?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12493 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 13:55:48 »

I think the 3 strike thing was a myth
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #12494 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2024, 14:05:04 »

I'd love to hear an interview from Rob Angus. Not that he'd probably be allowed to say anything but bet he's got a lot of stories about things that have gone on.

LSPOD should try and get him on

I second this. Make it happen Rich.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 ... 847   Go Up
Print
Jump to: