Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19838 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:57:02 »

I'm not ITK but I've read a couple of articles pointing out his time managing youth set ups at premier league clubs, being Mournio's "protege"
and according to said articles he is widely respected throughout the game - whatever that means.  

Not disputing what your saying but Williams was linked with Villa when he was coach here under Cooper

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 20:03:51 »

I'm not ITK but I've read a couple of articles pointing out his time managing youth set ups at premier league clubs, being Mournio's "protege"
and according to said articles he is widely respected throughout the game - whatever that means. 

Like Luke Williams was…
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 20:19:46 »

A good coach doesn’t equate to being a good manager though. Even if what you said was true about him being one of the most promising coaches in the country it is a completely different job to being a manager.

A coach, especially a youth or development coach have a development plan and follow that regardless, they have a ‘process’ and to an extent molly coddle players. A manager on the other hand needs to be adaptable, make hard decisions, have an air of authority about them and most importantly be a leader. Being a good coach is an entirely different job to managing a team.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 20:31:36 »

Well it clearly is isn't it because to some extent his hands have been tied due to the situation the club found itself in during the summer?
I would imagine that there are plenty of managers in L2 who would give their right arm to be able to bring in the players that Garner has been able to bring in. I would say his hands have been tied a lot less than most other managers at our level...Jonny Williams? Ben Galdwin? Louis Reed?

But in any case, as I said before this isn't what we're talking about. I really, really dislike Garnerball*. It's deeply flawed as far as I am concerned (I look forward to being proved to be hopelessly wrong but I don't think I will be) and I really don't like how Garner dresses things up when we can all see we've been shit. There are lots of other aspects of his management which I really don't like but I don't want to go into a 'war and peace' length of post now...

*That doesn't mean I want us to start playing like Cambridge Utd c.John Beck 1992 (just thought I would pre empt the 'get it forward' comments)...
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 20:35:48 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 21:35:57 »

Even the OP goes on to state he isn't asking for his head right now - are there really that many voices calling for his head?  I don't see it.  Lots of questions being raised about his potential future as a Manager vs Coach.

He is clearly very good at what he does, or has done.  He certainly took a team rushed together after a season of turgid shit and created a footballing team with a clear identity.  That takes something.  I think I did call out that I felt he would not go on to have a great career as a Manager, and I did so when we were winning.
REDBUCK

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 21:45:30 »

I would imagine that there are plenty of managers in L2 who would give their right arm to be able to bring in the players that Garner has been able to bring in. I would say his hands have been tied a lot less than most other managers at our level...Jonny Williams? Ben Galdwin? Louis Reed?

But in any case, as I said before this isn't what we're talking about. I really, really dislike Garnerball*. It's deeply flawed as far as I am concerned (I look forward to being proved to be hopelessly wrong but I don't think I will be) and I really don't like how Garner dresses things up when we can all see we've been shit. There are lots of other aspects of his management which I really don't like but I don't want to go into a 'war and peace' length of post now...

*That doesn't mean I want us to start playing like Cambridge Utd c.John Beck 1992 (just thought I would pre empt the 'get it forward' comments)...

Come on you can't leave it there you're going to have to finish off the dismantling of the Mans management credentials.

oh and add a little something as to your experience at the role that makes you right and him wrong.

Might help me vote when the pole is put up
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 21:59:56 »

Come on you can't leave it there you're going to have to finish off the dismantling of the Mans management credentials.

oh and add a little something as to your experience at the role that makes you right and him wrong.

Might help me vote when the pole is put up
That's a ridiculous argument...none of us have any managerial experience in the football league so I suppose that puts him above any criticism in your book. Similarly, none of us have played the game at a remotely decent level so we can't criticize any of the players either. On that basis, straight away the TEF becomes null and void.

I hate the way we're playing and it's not going to change under Garner...simple as that.

That's my unqualified opinion. I hope it turns out to be wrong...I don't think I am, we'll see...
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 22:02:18 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 22:13:11 »

The only negative thing I can say about Venks post was that he went just a bit too Bamboo...  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 23:09:06 »

Fucking soapy tit wank.

I am profoundly overjoyed you found my post amusing and clearly enjoyed reading my well rounded post. On a separate note and on the eve of my FIL funeral it has reinforced my belief that the world is full or retarded cunts who shouldn’t get anywhere near a keyboard and that he is in a better place.

Please don’t get excited about your in depth, well thought out comment on my OP, I expected that kind of response from a number of posters, not surprisingly you were on that predictable list.

If you get a stiffy from getting a rise from cyberspace knock yourself out and knock one out. You actually put a smile on my face at your predictability. Rather like the comments on the Advertiser stories, same old shyte from the same old shyte.

Why am I bothering? One has to use the time it takes to bake the sausage rolls for the finger buffet. If you’d like to try some let me know i’ll send you the details of the wake and can put some aside for you. There goes the timer on the last batch.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 01:32:01 »

L-L whether you read/absorb this response or not - it is one with sincerity.

Whilst I'm sure many share my condolences in the incredibly difficult time of your FiL passing, especially to those you love and care about the most...it is also quite obvious that the post you made was quite a dramatic one. You seemed to write in a way that excused football professionals from criticism and it was a post vehemently at length enough possibly in attempt to further enforce and convince others of your stance.

We all have the privilege of the freedom to put pen on to paper or fingers onto keyboard and we also have to accept (something I have admittedly struggled with and have worked on improving) that many others also have this privilege too; sometimes those freedoms and values won't quite match, sometimes they will and other times never overlap at all.

We (you and I) certainly have our differences and values in opinion - very much in regard to your recent reply that i'm referring to here. However, I've also stated in the past on here that whilst many can have their differences I am also a firm believer that (STFC aside) we will all share some common ground in different areas and interests of our lives. Our very privileged lives. I know that you and I also have some shared interests too. I'm sure you do with CWIG and many more.

I can understand you're in a relatively emotional place right now and other distractions are possibly helpful - maybe even having a go at people on the TEF (just for disagreeing with yourself) is a part of your own process and distraction...I don't know it's only an educated guess on my part. We all allow anger to override us at different times.

It's also easy to get a little disillusioned with ALL of the world when there are times of personal difficulty/stress/worry/weight of the family etc going on. Everyone isn't really "retarded cunts", true there are some difficult folk around and even if you think I'm a cunt, I can't be that bad a cunt otherwise I wouldn't be writing this. Would I? I know there are certain people here who genuinely dislike me and have directed the very kind of cunty behaviour you might be referencing and nope not just "someone being mean" - I mean genuine online hate and slanderous behaviour directed personally at me - which of course isn't an experience I wish anyone to have to go through, not even they.

People might think I'm being condescending in this post but this is not true. My sympathies for your family and yourself are sincere - I'm sure others will reflect that too. I hope that you can all give your FiL the most wonderful dernier voyage to somewhere beyond the realms of human existence as we know it.

Finally, for Chalky White to both knock himself out and knock one out...he would have to knock one out first before knocking himself out...otherwise copulating with his hand could be quite a troublesome task whilst unconscious, unless some form of combined REM and re-animation took place Smiley

I'm sure the sausage rolls will be pretty banging and be revered between friends and family amongst all the sadness, reflections and memories. Homemade ones always are... I'm a big fan of a decent sausage plait too, which we all know is just a bloody giant sausage roll really and equally tasty. I'm sure you bake a good one of those too!

Take care L-L. I'll leave you with this:

'Whilst we can't always agree,
Life would be boring if it mirrored me!
There's a saying somewhere,
I think it came from a visionary!

"Making bread is easy as can be,
Let the dough do the work - not thee"
Like any good dough, let it relax, let it be.
Be more like the dough - can you see?!'

Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 05:21:09 »

I think Garnu has been bought in with a long term philosophy rather than an instant result game idea, with the start there'd be no point getting rid of him now.

If we accept that philosophy idea there'd be no point getting rid of one anywy.

We'd have to change the lot and get in Lawrie Snachez and Barryh Fry or something
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 08:01:09 »

One final point. After the summer we had and what not the atmosphere at the CG should have been bouncing but instead it’s probably the quietest it has ever been. That in itself suggests there is an issue with how we play, supporters need to be able to engage with the game and at the moment that’s just impossible. We’ve never had the greatest home atmosphere but it’s never been as morgue like as this either. I think we’ve only scored 4 first half goals at home all season which says it all, supporters are just getting bored into submission!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 08:22:22 »

A good coach doesn’t equate to being a good manager though. Even if what you said was true about him being one of the most promising coaches in the country it is a completely different job to being a manager.

A coach, especially a youth or development coach have a development plan and follow that regardless, they have a ‘process’ and to an extent molly coddle players. A manager on the other hand needs to be adaptable, make hard decisions, have an air of authority about them and most importantly be a leader. Being a good coach is an entirely different job to managing a team.
Pretty much the point I was getting to in my overly wordy post.

The only negative thing I can say about Venks post was that he went just a bit too Bamboo...  Hmmm
Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 09:51:59 »

An interesting thread and to be fair some excellent points being made, both positive and negative. It certainly beats the frankly dull and monotonous Facebook/Twitter posts where it appears that humans that have been injected with a vaccine that reduces your IQ to single digits in some kind of weird scientific experiment have been let loose on the internet.

Perhaps I am a masichist, but I strangely like what we are trying to do on the pitch. There are a lot of things we are doing right. You don't get players the calibre of Reed, Gladwin and Jonny Williams etc if you aren't being seen as a progressive football club. The challenge Garner has is to utilise those players in the best way. Clem and Angus have set out their plan and to be fair we are probably ahead of the curve. To be fair, getting to the third round of the FA Cup for the first time in ages, and in a position in the league where we are in good shape to get promoted shows it's not all doom and gloom. I do think Garner has tried to tweak the way we play in order to go a bit longer if needed, that's pretty clear.

That said, on the evidence of this season, Garner does appear to lack any additional plans. I am not sure how long this takes to implement but it does seem like the way we play is very rigid. At home it's too negative in my eyes and whilst it seemed to be perfect away from home, that form has slipped also. Obviously the player turnover was a challenge and we do look a little disjointed at the moment. I'm hoping that we will be able to pick up enough points in a busy February to stay in touch.

Overall, a mixed bag but I would like to see more patience shown and a willingness for Garner to learn from mistakes. His stubbornness does seem like something that might hold us back.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 7, 2022, 12:42:00 »

God I hope BG doesn't read this shite. One of the most promising coaches in the Country, I think we are lucky to have the guy.

Perhaps he would benefit from a more experienced assistant to work with him on some of the darker arts of the game around game management etc 

Rome wasn't built in a day FFS. You all remember the bit a few months ago when we not sure we would even have a club?

Reading some of the shite spouted on here it seems some people would be happier with Joey fucking Barton. Twats

You've got no argument against the tactical mistakes he keeps making though, have you? Rome wasn't built in a day but they didn't keep knocking the cunt over through negligence and having to start again either.

Everyone else can see the problem, but Garner can't and if he isn't getting it by now then its extremely worrying. No one wants Joey fucking Barton but this is shite and the criticism is totally deserved.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: