Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19838 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:27:34 »

yes, we are fickle fuckers. totally agree. it's unfair. But it is what it is

I am surprised this thread exists so soon, but here we are
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:38:56 »

yes, we are fickle fuckers. totally agree. it's unfair. But it is what it is

I am surprised this thread exists so soon, but here we are

I supposed that is why I am saying I hope he doesn't read the forum. We are 8th, have had some of most promising players recalled and he's dealing with all the stuff he's dealing with, and people are calling for his head. Ridiculous.

He's building something here. Like I say I think he would benefit from a Steve Coppell type advisor maybe.
The Watford approach won't work in league 2.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 18:42:27 »

Yeah fans will be fans, and these are the same fans that would be demanding loyalty from the manager if we did go up this season and other offers came his way. Fickle fuckers.

If memory serves me right didn't Andy King get Steve Coppell in to help when we had defensive Issues🤔

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:02:19 »

Rome wasn't built in a day FFS. You all remember the bit a few months ago when we not sure we would even have a club?

Please, in the name of God can we move on from this...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:10:33 »

Pointless thread

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:21:11 »

We need to be more of a threat from set pieces as we've nobody you can say is a real threat from set pieces and muck in with a handful of goals.

do you know what i reckon we do! we have players that can whip in a quality dead ball and we have some commanding centre backs now- a 3 yard short free kick wont help them score from them though!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:25:42 »

do you know what i reckon we do! we have players that can whip in a quality dead ball and we have some commanding centre backs now- a 3 yard short free kick wont help them score from them though!

That's one of the problems with a manager that won't change!

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:28:30 »

can we do better than garner, probably not.
can garner do better, yes.

The problem we have for this season is that we are now in too deep. we need a focal point for our attacks end of.
but we can't sign anyone now (bar a miracle out of contract signing) so this is it for the rest of the season. we needed davison as cover for simpson, as soon as simpson went we needed another davison type as cover.

the last 2 home games we have crumbled after davison went off. thats no suprise for me. if we dont have the players for the system then garner needs to find a solution and experiement. stop doing the same things over and over again and complain at the same results happening over and over again.

to add, garner is not beyond criticism. this season is not a free pass, we are allowed to discuss his faults.

if one person writes yh but we nearly went out of buisness, yh but we have an embargo, yh but we had no players 2 weeks before the season...

we have some quality players! players that most clubs in this league would love to have signed. we are far from a terrible team but the weaknesses that we do have can be fixed. so it would be nice to try and see some progress on these weaknesses. 
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:33:18 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:44:29 »

God I hope BG doesn't read this shite. One of the most promising coaches in the Country, I think we are lucky to have the guy.

Interesting - on what basis? (Not disagreeing or agreeing, just interested to hear how he’s one of “the most promising coaches in the country”)?
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:46:14 »

Please, in the name of God can we move on from this...

Yeah what a non-issue, has no relevance to the situation we are in does it?  No
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:48:14 »

The problem with Garners way is that the football is slow & turgid most of the time, so if you aren’t getting results you end up with a lot of people who are getting more and more frustrated & disappointed with what’s being served up.

We are still getting good crowds at the moment, but the concern must be that people who have bought a season ticket this year will not bother next year, which will impact the quality of players we can attract.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:50:12 »

Yeah what a non-issue, has no relevance to the situation we are in does it?  No
Certainly has no relevance to the issue being discussed i.e. is Garner up to it...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:52:33 »

Maybe someone can create a poll😀

So, give no fucks
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:55:12 »

Interesting - on what basis? (Not disagreeing or agreeing, just interested to hear how he’s one of “the most promising coaches in the country”)?

I'm not ITK but I've read a couple of articles pointing out his time managing youth set ups at premier league clubs, being Mournio's "protege"
and according to said articles he is widely respected throughout the game - whatever that means.  
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, February 6, 2022, 19:56:38 »

Certainly has no relevance to the issue being discussed i.e. is Garner up to it...

Well it clearly is isn't it because to some extent his hands have been tied due to the situation the club found itself in during the summer?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: