Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game against City  (Read 85927 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 19:53:32 »

Although the Scummers didn't actually sell out did they?

Neither did we, in fact we haven't in any of the last 4 home games against them (the only home games I've seen against Pox)

It's bit poor all round really
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 20:12:44 »

That old chestnut us rolled out every time we play them or the scum.

Remember the Di Canio home game, first time for years we'd played them and all the talk then was about lack of tickets and how they were going in the home areas.

Never happened then and it wont against the wurzel fuckwits

Maybe not but as all the tickets went to ST holders the average neanderthal shithead had no chance of getting one so who knows
Be a bit of fun
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 20:40:25 »

They're a massive, massive club. Huge.
GL5 Red

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 23:35:06 »

First post from me.  City are huge, never won fuck all, never played in the premiership, in a nutshell achieved nothing.  They are also the scruffiest peasants going.  If we play our football Sat week then we win.  Just hoping we can entice some of the armchair support from the Town itself to attend.  COYR
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 07:20:41 »

Said it before.  Bristol is the most underachieving city in English football.  Being a 'massive club' in Division 3 is nothing to be proud of.  If you're so massive then, frankly, you should be playing in a higher division with all the other massive clubs.

It's like the big kid from your class in primary school with goofy teeth and a personal hygiene problem boasting that he's king of the hill - when everyone knows that the only reason he's in your class anyway is that he's been kept back a year.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 09:21:38 »

Some of this thread is pretty cringeworthy. People commenting about how they don't give a shit about City and then going on their board to see if they are talking about us, and reporting back to base. 'ooooh, they have TWO threads about us going, what a bunch of sad acts etc'. 6 of the 7 pages are probably comments like this.

Anyway, when are we going to know about kick off time? I'm really looking forward to the game, big crowd against the team unbeaten at the top of the league. A good challenge made even harder without Luongo, who has been excellent recently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 09:30:08 »

Sorry Bob, but for those of us who grew up west of swindon we had to put up with Bristol based news and sport. It was irritating  Smiley
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 09:42:57 »

Sorry Bob, but for those of us who grew up west of swindon we had to put up with Bristol based news and sport. It was irritating  Smiley

Bloody Roger Malone !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
kerry red

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 09:45:49 »

Mind you, 1982 was fun watching the feckers going bust and only being saved by their players accepting 50% of their contract value.

They stiffed a load of local businesses along the way - but hey, we are the real bad boys
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 09:49:33 »

I remember the days when he would be sat in the section above the shrivvy below which I used to stand, he seemed to enjoy the banter  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 10:03:13 »

That's a fair point 4D, having spent most of my adult life away from Swindon (I was only born in the town and grew up in Cirencester mainly) and the surrounding area, I guess i never really experienced any of the hardships that you did!

I think we all know our main rivalry is Oxford and theirs are Rovers but given the ineptitude of both of our rivals, this game is the best both of us can do really for a 'derby' game and there will be some spice given the big crowd and how both teams are doing in the league.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 10:24:15 »

Despite my earlier comments, I should add that I've always considered Bristol (can we drop the 'Rovers', 'City' thing now that Rovers no longer exist?) and Reading as offering the best potential for proper football rivalry.  If we do ever pull our finger out and manage promotion back to Division Two and do something with the ground, it's games vs thesetwo that would offer the potential for 18,000 - 20,000 crowds.  Oxford clashes, to me, have always felt bitter, parochial, brutal and small time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 11:04:17 »

Despite my earlier comments, I should add that I've always considered Bristol (can we drop the 'Rovers', 'City' thing now that Rovers no longer exist?an) d Reading as offering the best potential for proper football rivalry.  If we do ever pull our finger out and manage promotion back to Division Two and do something with the ground, it's games vs thesetwo that would offer the potential for 18,000 - 20,000 crowds.  Oxford clashes, to me, have always felt bitter, parochial, brutal and small time.

Speaking of which we've an FA Youth Cup game, coming up v Oxford. Think they play them at Didcot, so plenty of opportunity to display the qualities you list.
kerry red

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 14:39:07 »

Despite my earlier comments, I should add that I've always considered Bristol (can we drop the 'Rovers', 'City' thing now that Rovers no longer exist?) and Reading as offering the best potential for proper football rivalry.  If we do ever pull our finger out and manage promotion back to Division Two and do something with the ground, it's games vs thesetwo that would offer the potential for 18,000 - 20,000 crowds.  Oxford clashes, to me, have always felt bitter, parochial, brutal and small time.

So do the games v City and Reading - remember exchanging bottles at Elm Park
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 18:28:12 »

So do the games v City and Reading - remember exchanging bottles at Elm Park

I can recall being pelted with bricks at Eastville too
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: