Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How much do you drink? Be honest  (Read 1999 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 12:03:45 »

How much do you drink? Be honest.

For me, 3-4 times a week.

Each session will either be half a bottle of Johnnie Walker black whisky (that's 350ml) plus 2 x 500ml cans of proper job ale.

Or 1 and a half bottle of red wine, plus 2 x 500ml cans of proper job ale.

Just curious what other people drink. Non judgement or bragging, just curious.

I’m sure I could extend my life by 5-10 years if i stopped completely, but who wants to be an 85 year old bag of bones poncing around in a beige jacket.

I keep myself very fit and eat healthily for my 40 plus age, so what’s the dig beal? I have the odd bin of teens with a sprinkling of cheese, just as an occasional treat.

One thing I can’t do at the football is drink before a match. I would be getting up for a wee wee every 5 minutes. So for me drinking and football don’t mix.

What would your average alcohol consumption per week look like? Let me know.

You are Father Jack hackett and I claim my five pounds......

Apart from crimbo and holidays I would say I drink 5-6 times a week.

Either a glass of wine with dinner OR a 330ml bottle/ 440ml can of beer later in the evening.

There might be the occasional ebvening out where I drink a little more (a couple of pints and a G+T) about 4 times a year but my capacity is far less than it was when I was a professional drinker in the army some 40 years ago.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 13:01:46 »

DMR will be starting a drugs thread soon and you'll al be saying you've knocked the crack on the head as well, just have a puff on a vape three times a year for a treat.

I like a drink at the weekends, usually some wine, and popping out for an IPA or seven when I can.  Most of the local breweries now have deals with the big supermarkets, so I can even source them from Walmart, so have a few of those in the fridge as well.  I mean, what is the point of a huge American fridge with a drinks drawer if not to hold beer and wine?  That and I stuck a bar in the basement - when in Rome....
Reverend Spooner

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 13:09:10 »

I actually don’t mind a bit of a hangover, as long as I don’t consume more than stated I’m okay.

I know people who drink small amounts every evening, but I can’t buy into that logic. I need a reasonable binge to get me where I like to be. Headphones on blasting 90’s music into my ears, glass of whisky in the other hand, oh lord forgive me for I have sinned!  Pint

But in seriousness, future health issues have crossed my mind as I’m aware my units are 3-4 times the stated for a man. I do push weights and do a 5k run 4 times a week; rings and swoundabouts as they say.

Wee Ghizz, open up that bin of teans.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 13:33:11 »

Only really at weekends or occasions these days and definitely less 'binging'. If I go to the local at the weekend it's usually only on one of Friday or Saturday and will enjoy 3-5 pints. Some sunday's I will share a bottle of wine with Mrs Bob, and very occasionally we'll enjoy a post roast dinner aperitif.

Definitely drink less than in earlier decades of my life. (as seems to be the norm with others on here)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 14:35:09 »

Work 6 on 4 off.

After 2nd early shift might have a couple of cans
1 Can when i get home after the 2 late shifts
Nothing between night shifts

First day off - probably 6 cans of cider
2nd day off - probably the same
3rd day off - couple of cans
Last day off - nothing at all

Probably too much tbh
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 14:48:10 »

Probably more than I should as partial to red wine, real ale and particularly Henry Westons special vintage which at 8.2% blows the units target out of the window. Reckon on average drink 2-3x per week, about 3 beers/ciders or 3 large glasses of wine over the course of an evening

This year to date haven't had a drink at all. I routinely do dry January and bolted on February this time and will continue for at least another couple of weeks until weight target is hit, as allied with much increased exercise regime have managed to shed about 20 pounds, which was much needed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 16:15:31 »

Maybe once a month I’ll have cider or a disaronno.
Usually no more than one.
Ooh,the "velvet" one? That's a bit moreish,I've found

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 19:35:33 »

2-3 pints on week nights.  Around 8-10 prints on Friday and Saturday.

4 or 5 with the Sunday roast
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 22:14:48 »

All depends on the environment for me. Drink the odd can of beer/glass of wine/small tot of whiskey of an occasional evening. Maybe once or twice a week.

Weekends or events, probably depends on how long I'm out for really. Occasional blow out notwithstanding, it's possibly in the 5-6 pint range with a rum/whiskey cap but that's probably only once a month or every other month.

I like a drink but never really been a big drinker or overly influenced by any particular culture {much similar with any other drugs too} to drink lots. Same wirth say ''lads nights'' or ''lads holidays'' - just aint me. But each to their own of course.

Time for a couple pints of Tonkoko Milk Stout and a pint of Coffee Bake by Brew York 
Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 23:25:29 »

Usually once a week. Can vary from a couple to a skin full.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 23:55:52 »

Not a lot.  I can go for weeks without having a drink.  Had 2 pints last night.  Busy with work for the rest of the month so may not drink again.  At 52, doing a job where I drive a lot I just never get round to it.

Never knowingly overstated.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 01:54:05 »

Never do unless it's an arranged gathering of some sort these days - maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Admittedly on these occasions I will drink too much and have a two day hangover.

Drinking at home puts me to sleep and never have the inclination with kids running about the place. Just don't get anything from it personally.

Far cry from going out 3 times a week from age 18 to 22/23! Did the whole lads holiday thing three years in a row - on the last of these I had to have a night off which spelt the end of my heavy drinking days really.

Appreciate it more when I do go out for a session now rather than it just being my weekly routine.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 02:19:47 »

Gave up boozing over Xmas
No longer drink in the week

Weekends different story, normally working at an event or possibly DJing or whatever
Which means you have a rider as part of your fee
Then it becomes a free for all, half the time I’ve had a rider it’s not been touched and we take it home or whatever…

But on a night out probably about 6 pints then some spirits but even I’ve learnt to drink in moderation now, can’t be arsed with the shitness the next day

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 10:52:05 »

I've found that having a double whiskey every night before bedtime gets me to sleep quickly, I used to find it very difficult to get to sleep before this.

ust be the oldest
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 12:38:36 »

Drink occasionally if woe go out, but normally driving so only have 1.
Was like this even before being diagnosed with diabetes, but probably drink even less often now.
Only time I have a drink at home is when cooking on the BBQ
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: