Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How much do you drink? Be honest  (Read 2004 times)
Reverend Spooner

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 08:27:14 »

How much do you drink? Be honest.

For me, 3-4 times a week.

Each session will either be half a bottle of Johnnie Walker black whisky (that's 350ml) plus 2 x 500ml cans of proper job ale.

Or 1 and a half bottle of red wine, plus 2 x 500ml cans of proper job ale.

Just curious what other people drink. Non judgement or bragging, just curious.

I’m sure I could extend my life by 5-10 years if i stopped completely, but who wants to be an 85 year old bag of bones poncing around in a beige jacket.

I keep myself very fit and eat healthily for my 40 plus age, so what’s the dig beal? I have the odd bin of teens with a sprinkling of cheese, just as an occasional treat.

One thing I can’t do at the football is drink before a match. I would be getting up for a wee wee every 5 minutes. So for me drinking and football don’t mix.

What would your average alcohol consumption per week look like? Let me know.

Wee Ghizz, open up that bin of teans.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:01:20 »

I’ve reduced my alcohol intake massively over the years. I now no longer drink at home. I have 3 or 4 pints before a game or if I go to my local. I seem to have no inclination to drink just for the hell of it like I did 10-20 years ago.

Maybe it’s my age, but drinking really messes me up now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:08:12 »

Very rarely drink these days don’t miss the hangovers🤣

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:16:23 »

About 12 pints before a game, a couple after.  Hehe

Obviously only kidding.  5 or 6 on a matchday. Occasional wine or a rum at home. Age defo puts you off having too much.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:17:27 »

I’ve reduced my alcohol intake massively over the years. I now no longer drink at home. I have 3 or 4 pints before a game or if I go to my local. I seem to have no inclination to drink just for the hell of it like I did 10-20 years ago.

Maybe it’s my age, but drinking really messes me up now.

Same here.  Didn't drink at all for the first 6 weeks of the year, and didn't really miss it.  If I'm drinking wine, I'll rarely have more than half a bottle at a time.  These days, something kicks in and tells me I've had enough.  If I do drink more than that, I'll suffer physically & mentally (low mood) the next day.  I'm more able to enjoy a single drink here & there now.

Each session will either be half a bottle of Johnnie Walker black whisky (that's 350ml) plus 2 x 500ml cans of proper job ale.

Or 1 and a half bottle of red wine, plus 2 x 500ml cans of proper job ale.

Not trying to sound preachy, I promise.  You seem to eat better than I do for a start.  But I would think about reining that in a bit if you can.  Sounds like a lot to me.  (55-60 units/week?)  You might not see the damage you're doing in your 40s, but give it 20 yrs and it could be a different story.  A bottle & a half of wine would floor me...and you're doing that 4 times a week?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:24:15 »

I drink now only 1 day a week, either a Friday evening or a Saturday evening, usually 4 or at most 5 bottles of strong Belgian beer. The wife drinks about 1/3 bottle of gin with tonic.

During lockdown it was considerably more so we thought we would bang it on the head almost entirely after that.

If I go to a game I will drink no more than 1 pint before a game.

Luckily I never suffer from hangovers and probably had 3 in my whole life no matter how much I drink, which used to be about 7 or 8 cans of Special Brew (or similar strenght beer) in a session. I dont miss it and TBH I could give it up totally now if I wished, which currently I dont.

My best mate was a heavy drinker for many years and 3 years ago he got liver cancer and was given 3 months to live, luckily he gave booze up totally (difficult living in Scotland where it really is part of the culture) and now 3 years on with a new type of chemo his cancer has shrunk to under 1% of its size and hes thriving and still has no touched even as much as a whiskey sauce on a steak, he wont even eat wine gums Smiley .

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:33:49 »

I rarely drink at all nowadays, only if I go out, which is maybe once a month.
I find alcohol makes my ulcerative colitis really bad so it's not worth the hassle to be honest.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:39:19 »

Rarely these days, and when I do it is usually a bit of a binge.

I’ve never been one to really drink at home, sometimes I will fancy a couple on a Friday night after work, but most of my drinking is usually if I’m going to a gig on a Friday or Saturday night.

I really struggle with hangovers, I struggle with the anxiety and low moods it brings on so try and avoid it.
Most of the stupid shit I’ve done in my life had been after a drink too, as I’ve got older I can see more and more how much it changes me as a person and I didn’t want to be like that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:43:15 »

Effectively nowt. Maybe one or two times a year. I just choose not to do it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:46:31 »

6 pints before a home game (less if 4D is buying). Couple of JD and Coke afterwards before the Bus home...usually wrecked.

In the week its about 3 bottles of sol with a meal, maybe two glasses of Port in the week.

Holiday abroad is a booze up.

Do alot less now than i did and although i can drink more than i ever could...The hangover fatigue is a wipe out. No bad guts or head, just feel like a bus has run over me.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 09:50:21 »

Thinking of your health.
We should get Victor Mildew to log back in here Flash  Cheesy
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 10:04:06 »

Most weeks just one or two drinks, usually a glass of wine or a beer. Sometimes a G&T or a Baileys with the Mrs. On the rare occasions I make it to the footy, I'll have a couple of pints before the game.

Never been a massive drinker but drink even less since having kids.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 10:34:03 »

Occasional pub binge and the very odd drink at home (1once a month)

Oh, and the odd one at footy (never usually more than 1).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 11:11:13 »

Usually a couple of glasses of red wine a day.  Fewer more often than more.  Optionally between 6-7pm as an aperitif and nearly always a glass with my evening meal.  It's good for your gut health too, although that's not my motivation.

I usually have a pint or more likely two on matchdays (but then would skip any pre-meal evening drink).

I sometimes binge drink, say 4 or 5 times p.a.  Usually around big celebrations or sporting occasions.  I enjoy it at the time but am then surprised to discover that behaving immaturely doesn't reduce my age commensurately.  It also drives out herds of brain cells I can ill afford to lose.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 1, 2024, 12:26:29 by RedRag » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 11:55:36 »

Maybe once a month I’ll have cider or a disaronno.
Usually no more than one.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: