Pages: 1 ... 695 696 697 [698] 699 700 701 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1279780 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10455 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 10:01:02 »

We’re Academy 3 status

How long have we had that status/level?
Is that why he’s trying to say that we didn’t have that before.

I don’t imagine it’s expensive to have that level
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #10456 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 10:06:17 »

I'd start with Morshead's just because it was recorded first and Morfuni is notably more... amiable on it, probably for that reason. The content is quite similar to Hawes', but Hawes gets more specific denials on specific issues probably, from a more sullen version of Clem.

I haven't heard the Adver one or the club one though.

Reckon the club one was done yesterday morning before the others.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10457 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 10:06:53 »

It's ok, the clabb are signed up to FairGame {as they like to keep fucking telling us} so that will make everything clear and of course, paint the owner{s} as saints 

Talking of Fair Game, I was told yesterday by an ex-Trust member that many clubs don't want much to do with them as he thinks it's not great in terms of transparency. Make of that what you will.

It’s interesting that most of those that are blindly backing Clem through everything are a certain demographic. Nearly all that I have seen are those slightly older Arkells stand types, who most likely fall for email scams and bring home new husbands from a holiday to Mauritius.

Their language reminds me of when the Boris Johnson issues were reported and people were convinced he was a standup model citizen that would absolutely never tell a lie. They usually start the conversation with 'I've been going to the CG since nineteen canteen' which I think they seem to think means they know everything about the club, and also seem to put them in 'superfan' territory.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10458 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 10:34:52 »

It’s interesting that most of those that are blindly backing Clem through everything are a certain demographic. Nearly all that I have seen are those slightly older Arkells stand types, who most likely fall for email scams and bring home new husbands from a holiday to Mauritius.

Almost all in their 60s and 70s aren't they?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10459 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 11:27:21 »

My ma's in her 70's, she's a fan of Clem as she's met him and he is a nice guy. I've had to tell her what's going on to make her understand the gravity of our situation, but ultimately she just wants to watch football every week. I think there's a lot of people similar to her.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #10460 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 11:35:49 »

Hawes is a shite interviewer, Clem is a drongo. Maybe interviews with Standing, Kiely, Parladorio or Hart could follow?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10461 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 11:39:10 »

My ma's in her 70's, she's a fan of Clem as she's met him and he is a nice guy. I've had to tell her what's going on to make her understand the gravity of our situation, but ultimately she just wants to watch football every week. I think there's a lot of people similar to her.
Definately this. Possibly as much as 75% of our regular fanbase I would imagine just want to go to games and "enjoy" the football and dont care about off the field things, just visit the FB pages to see that for yourself.

I did cringe massively while watching Clems interview on BBC Points West yesterday, when asked a question he used the word "fuck" in the middle of the sentence which the BBC rightly had to fade out.

Thats very very unprofessional if you cant hold your own profanitites for a 3 minute interview.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #10462 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 11:41:25 »

I know the AB meetings have lost pretty much all their credibility in recent months but when they were in their 'heyday' were they even covered by the Adver in print format?
As an 'out of towner' I don't know the answer.
& if they weren't then the question really needs to be asked as to why.
I mentioned a few days ago, may have been in this thread, that there's a whole demographic out there who rely on print journalism for all their STFC related news. You can bet your bottom dollar these individuals will have never heard of Austin, Hart, Kiely, Parladorio etc.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #10463 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 12:53:56 »

It’s the Harwell loyalty Tails. Smiley

You are spot on. My close Mates are sceptical about Clem and Co.
Those that sit around us only interested on watching the football. They are however critical of where we are in the League. We are a very passive and tolerant fanbase.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #10464 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:01:11 »

Hawes is a shite interviewer, Clem is a drongo. Maybe interviews with Standing, Kiely, Parladorio or Hart could follow?

You’re entitled to your opinion but mine is the opposite.
Andrew asking Flynn the other week “how are we going to have a different conversation about conceding goals” was genius.

Vic and the TBL guy caught Clem with his guard down that evening. They didn’t offer anything new. Clem is now in robot mode. Dull, rinse and repeat answers no matter who is in front of him.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10465 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:05:07 »

Hawes' interview with Clem yesterday reminded me a little of some of (sorry, politics reference) Keir Starmer's questions to Boris early in Partygate where he asked for simple confirmation of what has and hasn't happened. Boring at the time because you know what they're going to say and you don't follow up with the obvious "but that's bollocks though isn't it?" at the time - you just get them on the record denying stuff, and when it later turns out not to be true (if it does!) then you can say "you said X, it turned out Y" and there's no wriggle room left.

Morshead - different style, both valid - asked much more open questions and got very similar answers, Clem had a script and stuck to it pretty firmly.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10466 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:05:23 »

I've listened to The moosehead and Hawes' interviews
I love Clem's 11 point plan that he talks about and then trails off after 8 or 9 of the points.
I also love how two of the points are to create annual accounts and another is to file them.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10467 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:12:11 »

On the Academy question, the gap between what we had and where we are is minimal, just a couple of coaches needed to be hired I imagine.  The gap from where we are to Cat 2 and higher is massive - it requires significant expenditure on staffing as well as infrastructure.

It's also beginning to annoy me how Clem keeps trotting out the line that they purchased the ground - I know it's true in a legal ownership sense, but given the circumstances, the morally correct thing to do woud be to name drop Eady everytime you bring that up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10468 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:13:38 »

Which I don't have a problem with, but the ones on the Facebook group want to shout people down even when they admit they don't have a clue what you're talking about.

How can you be so proud of your own ignorance whilst also being so sure you're right? It's total idiocy.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10469 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 13:18:22 »

Not sure Hawes is a shite interviewer and you do have to remember that he represents the BBC, so is somewhat tied when it comes to a lean. He has to present balance. I think he was quite clever in his questioning by getting Clem to commit/deny certain statements. It's a future proofing form of journalism, whereby if anything he denied turns out to be true {come on, we know a fair bit of it will} then Clem is going to look more of a right bulb than he already is.

Morshead backed that up by assisting him to make his own bed, per se.

I haven't listened to any of the interviews yet, what's the best one to tune into? I assume what he says is much of a muchness across them all?

I would say the Official Club one is very repetitive in it's edit. Not sure it needed to be 40mins long. There's likely 15mins of repetition that could be chopped from it, also may have helped PR wise to have edited out the 556 side eyes that Clem gives after every answer; as well as his 'huffs', 'sighs' and eye rolls.

======================================
Don't read if you're not fussed about some technical elements
A minor technical gripe from me is that I would personally {if setting up the sound for this} invest in a pair of lapel mics with battery packs, on separate channels. You'll get a much cleaner set of channels, more options in post, especially for balancing levels. Passing a mic is really only best for say presentation events. A pre-recorded interview doesn't need that.

Back to Clem. It annoyed me how he contradicted himself {it's more evident in the Official one as he's asked the same/similar stuff a few times}.

On one hand, he says: 'Probably not been as visible as I'd like to be, I've been running things in the background...'

and on another, he says: 'I haven't done any media conferences, I don't really like doing them, I like getting on and doing what I do...I don't run on Social Media...'

and says; '...The Trust and OSC has a direct line to me...they can talk to me any time they want...erm, I've some supporters that are friends of mine that I talk to directly. They ring me or WhatsApp me or text me and I communicate with them...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 697 [698] 699 700 701 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: