Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: At this stage in 00/01...  (Read 2477 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:16:34 »

anybody know how many points we had at this stage of the season in 2000/2001?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:37:13 »

27 points
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:56:07 »

thanks si  Cheesy
my-velocity

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:56:43 »

Hmmmm, interesting where did we finish?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 19:02:35 »

20th on 52 points....

no idea how many points we had at this stage though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 19:31:04 »

We had 32 points after 30 games and were 19th.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 19:33:54 »

we only survived by a point in the end. still brizzol rovers and oxford were below us so all the more sweeter  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 19:17:24 »

An update on this question.....at the same stage in 00/01 we had 32 points, but were 20th....the remainung 15 games saw a mixed bag of 5 wins 5 draws and 5 defeats to get to 52 points.....something similar would get us to 54 almost certainly enough to stay up.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 19:18:38 »

Yeah I stupidly did it on date and not games  Doh
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 19:18:42 »

55 is the mark we need i think. i predict 20th place on 55 points with Shitty on 54 in 21st  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 19:22:31 »

Don't think anybody has ever gone down with 54....and probably 53 only once.
Sheffield Red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 6, 2006, 22:33:07 »

I think the encouraging thing is that we have a better and hungrier team now than we had for those last 15 games in 2000/01 so if we managed 5 wins and 5 draws then I see no reason why we can't at least match that this time. It should also help that so many teams are involved this season.

As i recall in 2000/01 over the last few games it was down to us, Rovers, and Cambridge for the final relegation spot. Twice we seemed practically down, firstly when we could only manage a 0-0 at Wycombe whilst at the same time Oxford were letting Rovers beat them and secondly the 35 minutes between Reeves own goal against Posh and the Invincible moment. Even then we still owe a great debt to Port Vale and Wycombe for winning at Rovers when they had no incentive to do so. Who knows where we would be now if Rovers had just managed a draw in either of those games?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 6, 2006, 22:45:13 »

Quote from: "Sheffield Red"
I think the encouraging thing is that we have a better and hungrier team now than we had for those last 15 games in 2000/01 so if we managed 5 wins and 5 draws then I see no reason why we can't at least match that this time. It should also help that so many teams are involved this season.

As i recall in 2000/01 over the last few games it was down to us, Rovers, and Cambridge for the final relegation spot. Twice we seemed practically down, firstly when we could only manage a 0-0 at Wycombe whilst at the same time Oxford were letting Rovers beat them and secondly the 35 minutes between Reeves own goal against Posh and the Invincible moment. Even then we still owe a great debt to Port Vale and Wycombe for winning at Rovers when they had no incentive to do so. Who knows where we would be now if Rovers had just managed a draw in either of those games?

Very true. I am so SO glad we stayed up that season. I thought Rovers were better than us that season to be fair. I think we would have struggled even worse than they have done if we had gone down.  I remember that Wycome game clearly.  Walking out of there after drawing 0-0, we were down as far as I was concerned, and that was the general feeling at the time. If Wycombe had not beaten Rovers in their penutlimate game and sent them down, we would have needed to have gone to Stoke needing to win, which was never going to happen. We were so close to going down that season it was not funny.

Getting relegated from teh Premiership did not bother me. Neither did getting relegated to where we are now (not that I enjoyed it as such)  Going down to division 4 would be a complete wrist slasher though.  I'm very optimistic that won't happen though.
STFC Village

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 6, 2006, 23:12:23 »

Quote from: "Sheffield Red"

Welcome Sheffield Red http://www.smileys.ws/smls/action/00000066.gif

Nice first post
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 22:07:47 »

You're all pessimists.

We are going up.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: