Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: History v Donny?  (Read 1096 times)
fatbury

« on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 12:44:47 »

having put paid to the 18 year hoodoo of beating Walsall in the week  .. can we continue to defy history by beating them for the first time since 1983!!!!!

23 years!!! but then we havent played them that often

I was there that day when we beat them 2-1 with goals from Quinn and Barnard ... crowd of 3545 ...

side was .. Endersby (goal a game!) Henry Baillie Gibson Graham Batty Emmanuel Hockaday (in his orginal right wing days) Barnard Quinn and Mayes

what a manager that Ken Beamish Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 13:04:21 »

I remember playing them in 86-87 when we were going for promotion and they were fighting relegation.  I was expecting an easy win (I was young and naive!) but they scored early on and we didn't equalise until very late in the game (Bryan Wade was it?) and it finished 1-1.

I'm not one for taking any notice of past history, current form is much more important and at the moment Donny are not great (unlike a few months ago when they were) They are as good a team to be playing as any I would say and I am confident we can get those vital 3 points.  It would be so good to move out of the bottom four and would give the players (and all of us!) a massive lift.

And the teams immediately above us will say, "Ooooooooh, look at Swindon, we're scared!" or something like that.
my-velocity

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 13:09:33 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I remember playing them in 86-87 when we were going for promotion and they were fighting relegation.  I was expecting an easy win (I was young and naive!) but they scored early on and we didn't equalise until very late in the game (Bryan Wade was it?) and it finished 1-1.

I'm not one for taking any notice of past history, current form is much more important and at the moment Donny are not great (unlike a few months ago when they were) They are as good a team to be playing as any I would say and I am confident we can get those vital 3 points.  It would be so good to move out of the bottom four and would give the players (and all of us!) a massive lift.

And the teams immediately above us will say, "Ooooooooh, look at Swindon, we're scared!" or something like that.

Agreed, it counts on current performance and i think we can beat them saturday as we are playing decent football, attendences are getting bigger  :roll: well sort off, and we have a good manager and team who can get us out of the relegation zone and into safety. 16ish points from the Play-Offs, come on Swindon Cheesy
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 15:07:28 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
having put paid to the 18 year hoodoo of beating Walsall in the week  .. can we continue to defy history by beating them for the first time since 1983!!!!!

23 years!!! but then we havent played them that often

I was there that day when we beat them 2-1 with goals from Quinn and Barnard ... crowd of 3545 ...

side was .. Endersby (goal a game!) Henry Baillie Gibson Graham Batty Emmanuel Hockaday (in his orginal right wing days) Barnard Quinn and Mayes

what a manager that Ken Beamish Smiley

Sounds like a team of retired actors;Henry Bailie;Gibson Graham- Batty;Emmanuel Hockaday and Barnard Quinn

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: