Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Points Tally  (Read 1770 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 19:26:28 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i agree that we need to just concentrate on us, but it is up to others to drop points for us to stay up. we're not in control of the situation.

Doh
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 20:25:00 »

If we beat them they will drop points

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 21:01:44 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "lifetimered"
Quote from: "dazzza"
So difficult to call this year.

I'd say Tranmere are the team we should look at catching but there's still no sign of anyone folding and packing up for the season just yet.

Abomination and Rotherham look weak and may fold soon enough.  Hartlepool look like they could be candidates while Scunthorpe's two games in hand makes them a hard cat to fish with.

Out of the air I'd say we have to be looking at sticking Hartlepool and Wallsall as the two sides to go down with Abomination and Rotherpork.

anyone know what Dazzas talking about? :?

Think Dazzza is undergoing what should be known as metaphormorphosis :scribe:

Shocked   I love posting on the fly that really does make as much sense as Davro.  

I’ll have another go…

In terms of keeping up with the Joneses I think our friends on the Wirral, Tranmere are the neighbours we should aspire to.  By the large they’re one of the more consistent sides still within our sweaty grasp, have quite a good side but have been let down a bit ooop front in recent weeks.    

Out of our closer rivals no one has quite packed up, given up hope and been cast adrift from the pack.  That said the abomination (Dongs) and Rotherham don’t look far off.

Out of those above I’d wager Hartlepool are a good bet to go down.  They look to be in one big slump, are all over the place at the moment and if we can leap frog them on Saturday it’ll give us a big psychological advantage and a mountain they may not be able to stomach.

Shitty and Walsall are both sides I wouldn’t like to count on slipping up.  Both a bit inconsistent but never the less are on the up and can’t be expected to drop that many points.

Out of what’s left I’d say Scunny look to be the best bet to over take and fill that last relegation spot.  A lot depends on how they play out their two games in hand but I’d have two quid on them going down.

Reginald are you implying I'm going through some sort of descent into a Menopause or a descent into a psychosis?

Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 21:18:32 »

For the last 5 seasons 52 points has been enough to stay up in this league which is probably where Iffy gets his number. Personally I find that an easier concept than working out which teams are gong to have a bad run in ... but then I used to be an accountant. Oops
magnum150

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 23:31:01 »

Having read all of the above i am now less confident of avoiding the drop than before.
Northern Red

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 09:49:30 »

Since about October its been the City game that's the second last match.

For me the loser of that match goes down - so we need to be safe before then.....
STFC Village

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 5, 2006, 12:48:57 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Since about October its been the City game that's the second last match.
I thought they drew the fixture list up before the start of the season? Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: