Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Points Tally  (Read 1771 times)
STFC Village

« on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 03:41:11 »

13   Doncaster Rovers 28 11 4 13 34 37 -3 37
14   Yeovil Town 29 10 7 12 34 42 -8 37
15   Tranmere Rovers 30 8 12 10 33 32 1 36
16   Port Vale 29 10 6 13 31 36 -5 36
17   Blackpool 30 8 11 11 40 45 -5 35
18   Walsall 29 9 8 12 36 42 -6 35
19   Bristol City 30 9 8 13 38 48 -10 35
20   Scunthorpe United 28 8 9 11 44 50 -6 33
21   Hartlepool United 30 8 9 13 29 39 -10 33
22   Swindon Town 30 7 10 13 30 41 -11 31
23   Rotherham United 30 6 11 13 33 41 -8 29
24   Franchise 29 5 12 12 27 41 -14 27

Right, i've been staring at that for a while now, and i'm trying to figure out in my head how many points we'll need to stay up. Iffy says that he thinks 52 will be enough, although it could be as many as 55.....

At this point, we're 2/3rd's through the season, so i'd like to make an assumption that most teams will score another 33.3% of their current points tally, over the rest of the season (give or take a few). Can't really take Scunnie as the litmus test, due to their 2 games in hand, so i'll use the City Scummers. They have 35 points thus far, leading me to believe it'll be around 52-53 points they, or at least the team just above the relegation zone, will have amassed.

So, we need around 21-23 points to stay up from our remaining 16 games. That's 8 wins, or 7 wins with a couple of draws. Winning half our games seems like a bloody tough ask. IMO, we must win practically all of our home games for the rest of the season, and hope for something on our travels. If we can keep up our recent home form, we have a very decent chance.
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 03:43:43 »

Hahaha, i've just read that back, and it's the ramblings of a madman! Not really any point to it! Cheesy

Guess i'm just trying to get my head around the task in front of us

We have 8 of those teams from the lower half left to play....

Doncaster (H)
Rotherham (H)
Tranmere (H)
Yeovil (A)
Hartlepool (H)
Franchise (H)
Scunthorpe (A)
Brizzle (A)
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 05:06:24 »

Every one of them is a must win game.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 07:48:19 »

i can't see winning all them games to be honest. but i do think after our 2 home wins its looking more possible than before.

its also now about what others do aswell, they may not do aswell as you think.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 08:24:41 »

its also now about what others do aswell,

The trouble is they all seem to keep on fucking winning  :-))(
Is anyone else aware of the games this weekend that effect us?The games are Rotherham V Hartlepool and Sunthorpe V Mac Dons.I guess draws in both games would be best for us Shrug

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 10:06:17 »

A win for us this weekend would bring a whole host of teams into the mix. But we need to keep up our good home form (obviously).

It's tough but do-able. More than I ws saying after the Southend result.

Incidently Hartlepool have suspended boss Martin Scott following an incident that took place in the dressing room after their 3-0 loss against Blackpool on Saturday.
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 11:46:36 »

So difficult to call this year.

I'd say Tranmere are the team we should look at catching but there's still no sign of anyone folding and packing up for the season just yet.

Abomination and Rotherham look weak and may fold soon enough.  Hartlepool look like they could be candidates while Scunthorpe's two games in hand makes them a hard cat to fish with.

Out of the air I'd say we have to be looking at sticking Hartlepool and Wallsall as the two sides to go down with Abomination and Rotherpork.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 12:40:33 »

I see where you are coming from Village, I dont think you can do it that way though as alot of teams have shipped in and out alot of player.

We've obviously got rid of Fallon but brought in Peacock....that potentially makes our team weaker, but Ifil is on form now and he wasnt earlier in the season which makes our team stronger etc
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 12:46:23 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

I'd say Tranmere are the team we should look at catching but there's still no sign of anyone folding and packing up for the season just yet.

Abomination and Rotherham look weak and may fold soon enough.  Hartlepool look like they could be candidates while Scunthorpe's two games in hand makes them a hard cat to fish with.

Out of the air I'd say we have to be looking at sticking Hartlepool and Wallsall as the two sides to go down with Abomination and Rotherpork.

anyone know what Dazzas talking about? :?

/
W56196272
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 12:47:38 »

Quote from: "lifetimered"

something about fishing with cats

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 17:24:32 »

We need to concentrate on us not other teams around us, as long as we win our games then thats all we can ask for...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC Village

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 17:27:43 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
We need to concentrate on us not other teams around us
Yeah, that sounds like the point i may have been trying to make originally. We can't keep relying on teams around us slipping up, we need to concentate on hitting a target
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 18:01:02 »

Quote from: "lifetimered"

Think Dazzza is undergoing what should be known as metaphormorphosis :scribe:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 18:26:38 »

its not about other results. we need 8 more wins and we will stay up! simple as that
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 18:44:28 »

i agree that we need to just concentrate on us, but it is up to others to drop points for us to stay up. we're not in control of the situation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: