Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 18,000  (Read 2273 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:28:29 »

i met a reading fan in a garage on the way home last night and apart from being a smug pikey cunt, he told me that they now have 18,000 season ticket holders!! i started to laugh and he thought i was taking the piss, he said they also have a ticket based membership scheme.

i asked him if he knew of a ground called elm park and he told me to fuck off Cheesy
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:30:33 »

A friend of mine supports reading. Says they are getting the 'mad stad' capacity increased too.

RED ARMY
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:36:58 »

Bloke who works next to me is from Reading!, he was telling me how his mate has now applied for a season ticket "he'll fit in perfectly with the rest of their cardboard cut out fans then!" was my reply.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:37:57 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
i met a reading fan in a garage on the way home last night and apart from being a smug pikey cunt, he told me that they now have 18,000 season ticket holders!! i started to laugh and he thought i was taking the piss, he said they also have a ticket based membership scheme.

i asked him if he knew of a ground called elm park and he told me to fuck off Cheesy

The friend I brought to city match has had season ticket for last 5 or so years.......has to go on his own as his mates can't get tickets anymore.

They are having an extra tier added to the Madejski apparently......they think the grass is greener in the Pemiership however I don't hold out much hope for them.

Plastic fans.
Amir

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:41:34 »

i asked him if he knew of a ground called elm park and he told me to fuck off

Cheesy

Their average gate was barely more than ours the season they lost in the play-off final and we were relegated for the second season running.  Bobby Mikhailov signed for them after seeing the final thinking that Wembley was their home ground.  Wonder what he thought when he arrived :shock:
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:43:20 »

I think they are just a dull and boring club in general. I don't see them as 'rivals' really.

RED ARMY
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:53:40 »

Going on from what Mex was on about i bet none of them have ever heard of a shit hole called Elm Park.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 16:54:10 »

Sadly, 18000 season ticket holders is correct!  They are looking at increasing the capacity and expect to make £37m next season from the Prem.

It makes me foam at the mouth when I see where they are now compared to us, especially when you compare the 2 teams 10 years ago.
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 17:52:44 »

Well it is correct and it isnt.

18,000 includes the half season tickets they have sold since christmas when everyones known they are going up.

Just so they can renew them next season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 17:56:42 »

:boring:

If we were in thier position we could shift 18,000 season tickets (ok we couldnt because of our capacity, but you get the point)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 19:46:47 »

Quote from: "DV85"

If we were in thier position we could shift 18,000 season tickets (ok we couldnt because of our capacity, but you get the point)

We had just over 10000 in the 93-94 season and averaged around 14500 I think when we had a capacity of just over 18,000.  Some dissapointing attendances around 10000-11000 at the start if I remember correctly, but then there were teams like Oldham to play.
Spud

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2006, 20:58:21 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Well it is correct and it isnt.

18,000 includes the half season tickets they have sold since christmas when everyones known they are going up.

Just so they can renew them next season.

Yes Cardboard cut out------> :wanker:
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 2, 2006, 06:03:36 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Quote from: "DV85"

We had just over 10000 in the 93-94 season and averaged around 14500 I think when we had a capacity of just over 18,000.  Some dissapointing attendances around 10000-11000 at the start if I remember correctly, but then there were teams like Oldham to play.

Whole different ball game now. If we were in the prem now with a decent stadium the size of readings, we would pack it out most weeks.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
magnum150

« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 00:16:02 »

With all the local Man ure fans looking to see their team play from the home seats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: