Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United - Relegation Form?  (Read 6595 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2006, 18:54:19 »

Central news tonight was quite funny, loads of them going mental. And to be fair, they had a good turnout, 1000 for a fans meeting. I think our fans are too traumatised to turn out like that. If we keep our ears closed the debt might go away sort of thing.

They might be unspectacular under Kassam, but he does offer security. Surely the problem there is a lack of a 'Devlin'. A football man who can make things happen you didnt think possible. Signing Mooney was possibly the only stroke theyve pulled off in the last 5 years. Hes the only oxford player I can recall ever wanting at Swindon in that whole time. And even with Mooney they slumped, which was an achievement in itself, cos he is one of THE most useful lower league strikers around. They wanted Lee Peacock (and offered more £££) but he came here because to be quite frank weve got a lot more about us as a club. Ex players have enjoyed their stay here much more (just look at Mooney). Our home atmosphere is vastly superior. Weve consistantly signed better players.

I think if Stockport start winning then they should shit themselves. Because on form they are one of the worst sides around. Id like to see them go down to the conference myself. Be well funny.
Piemonte

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2006, 19:05:31 »

Riiiiiight.

£8-12m for a league 2 club eh??? (+£500k - £1m running costs)

Looks like the Pox will be stuck with old Firoz for quite some time then.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2006, 23:37:29 »

its the stadium which they've got to pay for you 'tards, an asset built for £15m a few years ago isn't really going to be cheap, is it?
Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Central news tonight was quite funny, loads of them going mental. And to be fair, they had a good turnout, 1000 for a fans meeting. I think our fans are too traumatised to turn out like that. If we keep our ears closed the debt might go away sort of thing.

They might be unspectacular under Kassam, but he does offer security.
mmmm no he doesn't.

yes, he has money, but there's no way he will ever invest any more than is absolutely necessary. just because you've got some financial resources doesn't mean you can't get relegated. we're not too far off that.

we've got no proper management team (talbot basically has to get on with it), coaching (about 3 ex-players), scouting (none - if talbot wants to know about opposition he has to go and see them play himself), training facilities (we've been moving sites (random pitches) for years), or general organisation at the club. players come here and are fucked around so now we can only attract non-leaguers and those looking for one last chance in league football.

there's no future with FK unless he hands over the running of the club to a CEO. strong rumours of a jim smith consortium, which would be superb.
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 8, 2006, 23:55:45 »

What's with the crazy big writing?
STFC Village

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 00:18:01 »

OF, who is going to be crazy enough to invest that kind of cash? There's no way the Bald Eagle has that kind of cash lying around Wink
Dazzza

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 00:30:55 »

we've got no proper management team (talbot basically has to get on with it), coaching (about 3 ex-players), scouting (none - if talbot wants to know about opposition he has to go and see them play himself), training facilities (we've been moving sites (random pitches) for years), or general organisation at the club. players come here and are fucked around so now we can only attract non-leaguers and those looking for one last chance in league football

That's the same as us.   Cheesy

We only have two ex-players as coaches though and one managing the team!  To be fair as well they also run the reserves, youth set-up and the centre of excellence.

I may be wrong but even just two years back we had 5 or 6 people doing all of those jobs.

We don’t have a scout to piss in although one was promised a few years back.  We even had a mad bloody Kiwi woman running the club at the start of the season

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 01:38:37 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
OF, who is going to be crazy enough to invest that kind of cash? There's no way the Bald Eagle has that kind of cash lying around Wink

smith is mates with the harlequins chairman who will finance it i believe.

at d3 we lose 500k/1m a year, but we'd be profitable from the top of div2 upwards i reckon.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 21:26:52 »

yeah right!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 9, 2006, 23:09:54 »

But if rumours are to believed, Jim Smith is taking over about 35 clubs in the next few months with his 'consortium'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 13:07:38 »

Gap to relagation down to 3 points. Come on Oxford, do the right thing tonight - roll over and die.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 13:12:48 »

I will refer to some sex pistols lyrics, **clears throat**

No future, no future, no future for you!!!!!

I would love Oxford to go down, especially after all the abuse we used to get earlier in the season from scummers.  Never quite understood how teams in a lower league take the piss about team from a higher league.

We are vastly superior to Oxford and will continue to be so, whilst we remain in a higher division, not hard to figure out is it?
Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 18:05:20 »

If they loose tonight they really are in the shit!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 20:04:41 »

Oxford United 0 Macclesfield 1.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 20:05:48 »

thats funny
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2006, 20:36:07 »

1 - 1 now unfortunately! :evil:

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: