Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sarfeeend V's Swindon Official Thread.  (Read 11985 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 11:39:20 »

Adje you were well pissed off with Gurns last night!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Spud

« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 11:39:48 »

I know Mex's club sponsor him but Jenks is fooking shite.  :|
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 11:46:38 »

Basically

Evans - good keeper and often harshly blamed when we concede

Nicho - Not bad but hardly the finished article as a defender
Ifil - too many mistakes
Seano - good player but has the odd crap game
Jenks - maybe past it or perhaps just out of form, did well last year

Shakes - great pace, will be dangerous if he learns how to kkick a ball
Migs - top plyer who always tries and imo the best we have
Gurns - committed but not the most skillful. Can make a huge difference though
Brown - Hardly seen him but not the greatest player from what I have seen

Curo - showed what he is capable of on Saturday, maybe needs better service
Peacock - People were saying he was a God on saturday. So fickle it pisses me off

Overall we have a team that, on their day, can play out of their skins and cause teams serious problems. We just need to sort out those little areas where we have weaknesses that catch us out time and time again and we might be in for a shout of staying up.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 13:39:26 »

Quote from: "Mark Hanrahan"
We were pants, plain and simple.

For my money we lacked any real cut and thrust in midfield and a general lack of urgency.

A bit more guts than the Gills game but a lack of quality overall. You had to feel for Curo and Peacock. Scraps again.

Fair points Mark but I rate that 10 times worse than Gillingham-at least there we ceated 4 or 5 decent chances(ALL involving Rory).Also,I didn't really feel for Peacock-Fallon has been living on scraps all season-difference is he had a decent first touch AND could hold the ball up-didn't see either from Peacock last night.Felt soory for Curo being left out-but was POOR(lets not beat about the bush) when he came on.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
red macca

« Reply #169 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 13:48:18 »

im not making excuses .but we sometimes need to remember who we are playing southend are now top of the league.the last two teams we played away have the best home records in the league the reason they have these records is because they make it harder for the teams to play against them.southend have beaten better teams than us at home this season just think we need to bare this in mind..on the fallon front people saying we missed him last night then in the same sentence say we did not create one chance so can they explain what difference rory would of made last night?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:04:46 »

We would have had more posession due to Fallon's superiority of touch and control over Peacock's.Also I think its fair to say that in this league this year it is possible for teams at the bottom to hold teams at the top as we ourselves have proved.Last night Southend were no great shakes

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:42:22 »

I knew this would happen.

We lose the first match after Fallon leaves and hey presto, Fallons leaving is the cause of defeat.

We didn't play well but Southend WERE the better side.

Personally I think Curo should have started up front with Peacock.

Jenks still does not convince me.... to slow.
Spud

« Reply #172 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:43:38 »

People who text in after the game fuck me off!

*Iffy Out
*We shouldnt have sold Fallon
*The board have cemented our relegation

Oh fuck off you whinging fucks!. :evil:
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:46:23 »

Iffy out?! Which cunts text that?! It was the players at fault last night. At least Iffy tried to change things at HT.  

I wasn't happy with the 451, but you could see what he was trying to do and it didn't work and thats why he changed it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:51:20 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
UTTER GASH

bit harsh on reflection.

we weren't that bad, we just struggled to overcome what i thought was a very good southend side. they didn't give the ball away and worked hard to get it back, petty much the opposite of how we played.

4-5-1 was never going to work but credit to iffy for changing it at half-time, although i hope he's realised that it's a complete waste of time now.

we gave the ball away far too often and were lethargic in trying to regain posession, that said we did use the ball quite well at times - particularly the first 20-30 minutes and after ccp came on - but for the most part it was disappointing.

i thought our best player was comyn-platt, which is a little worrying as he only came on as a substitute.

peacock looked knackered towards the end, which isn't a surprise considering he's not played much football since christmas and he was up front on his own.

jenkins is truly out of sorts lately, bring back smith.

i hate the m25.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:56:45 »

I dont blame Iffy at all-Im 100%behind him.All Im saying is that before the game everyone was saying Fallon's departure was "good business" and last night's showing says to me it wasn't.Of course we've got to"get on with it"-not disputing that but it doesn't stop me having an opinion on it and ,yes,I DO believe he would have made a difference last night.

Spud

« Reply #176 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:58:30 »

I just dont think 4-5-1 suits us anymore, go 4-4-2 and try to win the fucking game.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 14:59:57 »

UTTER GASH

bit harsh on reflection.

we weren't that bad, we just struggled to overcome what i thought was a very good southend side. they didn't give the ball away and worked hard to get it back, petty much the opposite of how we played.

4-5-1 was never going to work but credit to iffy for changing it at half-time, although i hope he's realised that it's a complete waste of time now.

we gave the ball away far too often and were lethargic in trying to regain posession, that said we did use the ball quite well at times - particularly the first 20-30 minutes and after ccp came on - but for the most part it was disappointing.

i thought our best player was comyn-platt, which is a little worrying as he only came on as a substitute.

peacock looked knackered towards the end, which isn't a surprise considering he's not played much football since christmas and he was up front on his own.

jenkins is truly out of sorts lately, bring back smith.

i hate the m25.

No-you were right first time

McLovin

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 16:00:03 »

Is Gurney officially a midfielder now then?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, January 28, 2006, 16:49:24 »

You wouldn't have thought so last night-dont tthink he made a tackle all night and his pass completion rate must have been about 40%

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: