Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ratings From Today  (Read 3158 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 21, 2006, 23:01:45 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
what you are saying about fallon reminds me of parkin

does fuck all and scores - absolutely ideal!

(cue the backlash from those who seemed to think Parkin was some sort of Jan Aage)

As Expected.

I dont really think Parkin ever did 'fuck all' he had games where he couldnt get into the game....mainly 4-5-1 games but he was never lazy I dont think....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 21, 2006, 23:06:02 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Boeta"
what you are saying about fallon reminds me of parkin

does fuck all and scores - absolutely ideal!

(cue the backlash from those who seemed to think Parkin was some sort of Jan Aage)

As Expected.

I dont really think Parkin ever did 'fuck all' he had games where he couldnt get into the game....mainly 4-5-1 games but he was never lazy I dont think....
I remember one game where a guy was shouting at Parkin calling him lazy.

After Parkin scored his second of the game  :twisted:  we started chanting "Lazy Sammy Parkin"
I don't think he realised we were taking the piss  
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 00:49:14 »

sorry but those who slate Fallon need fuckin shooting.
Fallon has been fucking imense for us this season.

He stuck with it when he wasn't getting picked and has come on well this season.

He has said he doesn't want to move and will sort out his contract at the end of the season. If we get relegated you can't say he never tried and if/when he moves then i'll give him a good send off.
He is better than Div 4 football and so diserves to be playing at a higher standard so if we get relegated and he leaves then so what. He hasn't lied to us or tried to string us along like Smith/Mooney did.

i know football is a fickle sport but ffs people get a fucking grip

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 00:50:52 »

Yes

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 00:56:45 »

fallon was so poor that he couldn't manage to stay on his feet when the ball was anywhere near him. it was like watching a giraffe trying to come to terms with being on an ice rink, except ten times worse and a hundred times more embarrasing.

alright, he scores goals, i'll admit that but i'm not sure i can tolerate his non-chalant, lazy, apathetic performances for the rest of the season - especially if there's £300,000 up for grabs.

i don't buy this "he's waiting" bollocks either, his attitude on the pitch has changed hugely since transfer rumours have been banded about in the press and bids have been made.

however you're right, we'd be truly fucked without his goals so far but if curo can reproduce some of the form he showed at colchester and peacock chips in with some goals as well, i'd rather say thanks and goodbye to the lanky streak of piss.

right, now where's me stress ball?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:00:25 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
fallon was so poor that he couldn't manage to stay on his feet when the ball was anywhere near him. it was like watching a giraffe trying to come to terms with being on an ice rink, except ten times worse and a hundred times more embarrasing.

alright, he scores goals, i'll admit that but i'm not sure i can tolerate his non-chalant, lazy, apathetic performances for the rest of the season - especially if there's £300,000 up for grabs.

i don't buy this "he's waiting" bollocks either, his attitude on the pitch has changed hugely since transfer rumours have been banded about in the press and bids have been made.

however you're right, we'd be truly fucked without his goals so far but if curo can reproduce some of the form he showed at colchester and peacock chips in with some goals as well, i'd rather say thanks and goodbye to the lanky streak of piss.

this is obvious as to why he is off the pace at the moment.
part of him wants to stay and help us fight relegation and the other wants to play at a higher lever.

he is torn between the two and therfore has said i want to stay but wont sign a new contract yet incase we are relegated.
which to me is honest and doing his best for STFC.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:03:13 »

I've always stuck by Fallon since his signing and think he's been a good servant to the club, up until now.  His aerial ability is unquestionable, and it's fantastic to see him chesting a ball down to the midfield while the ball is still above the head of the defender.  However, his partnership with Cureton doesn't seem too effective, mainly due to Cureton's inability to read Fallon's flick-ons/Fallon's inability to flick the ball onto Cureton's runs.  When Peacock came on, instantly he was onto one of Fallon's flicks and there was danger.

However, other than in the air, Fallon did nothing today.  Whereas early in the season he harried, hassled and was a real pain for defenders for the full 90 minutes, today he only vaguely showed interest when the ball was up in the air.  Off-the-ball he seemed lazy and disinterested.  How many times did the crowd moan today for the strikers, especially Fallon, to close down Bournemouth defenders who had far too much time?

His goals have been an asset, he's a decent player and a real threat in the air, but I don't think his heart is here anymore.  I also think judging from 20 minutes of Peacock (not exactly a good measure I know) he seems more than capable aerially, quick, and capable of goal-scoring - we'll ignore the glaring miss....

I for one am not fussed what happens with Fallon.  If he stays, we've got three very good strikers competing for a place, with another due back (Roberts) and a promising youth player ready to challenge next season in the unlikely scenario that all four are still here next season (Caton).  The money we would receive would be nice, but then there's the eternal debate of whether Iffy would see any of the money, as undoubtedly a replacement in some form would be necessary.

Good player, yes.  Saviour?  No.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:03:47 »

i would have thought the way to impress people would be to play complete games instead of being a very much bit-game player. also he could use games to learn how to time jumping or something like that

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:06:10 »

i can't help but look at it differently, it seems to me as if he's keeping his options open. if he signs a contract now, it means he won't leave during the transfer window but also means he can't move in the summer whatever happens. however, if he doesn't sign a contract now, clubs won't be put off making bids for him before the window shuts and if nobody comes in for him, he can walk at the end of the season without a problem, regardless of what division we're in.

personally i'm not keen on having players in the team who aren't committed, but then again neither of us can truly know what's going on under that greasy mop of his.

p.s. on another note, no fucker can partner him up front which gets right on my tits because i like 4-4-2.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:08:41 »

i can't help but look at it differently, it seems to me as if he's keeping his options open. if he signs a contract now, it means he won't leave during the transfer window but also means he can't move in the summer whatever happens. however, if he doesn't sign a contract now, clubs won't be put off making bids for him before the window shuts and if nobody comes in for him, he can walk at the end of the season without a problem, regardless of what division we're in.

personally i'm not keen on having players in the team who aren't committed, but then again neither of us can truly know what's going on under that greasy mop of his.

i'm with you on this one.

he's fucking infuritating. i really don't think i should like him, he's not a "good footballer" but he scores goals as opposed to giving a fuck half the time

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:09:05 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
I've always stuck by Fallon since his signing and think he's been a good servant to the club, up until now.  His aerial ability is unquestionable, and it's fantastic to see him chesting a ball down to the midfield while the ball is still above the head of the defender.  However, his partnership with Cureton doesn't seem too effective, mainly due to Cureton's inability to read Fallon's flick-ons/Fallon's inability to flick the ball onto Cureton's runs.  When Peacock came on, instantly he was onto one of Fallon's flicks and there was danger.

However, other than in the air, Fallon did nothing today.  Whereas early in the season he harried, hassled and was a real pain for defenders for the full 90 minutes, today he only vaguely showed interest when the ball was up in the air.  Off-the-ball he seemed lazy and disinterested.  How many times did the crowd moan today for the strikers, especially Fallon, to close down Bournemouth defenders who had far too much time?

His goals have been an asset, he's a decent player and a real threat in the air, but I don't think his heart is here anymore.  I also think judging from 20 minutes of Peacock (not exactly a good measure I know) he seems more than capable aerially, quick, and capable of goal-scoring - we'll ignore the glaring miss....

I for one am not fussed what happens with Fallon.  If he stays, we've got three very good strikers competing for a place, with another due back (Roberts) and a promising youth player ready to challenge next season in the unlikely scenario that all four are still here next season (Caton).  The money we would receive would be nice, but then there's the eternal debate of whether Iffy would see any of the money, as undoubtedly a replacement in some form would be necessary.

Good player, yes.  Saviour?  No.

fuck me Walrus reading that i thought Sonic had writen it.

good comments in there and i was also one who said Fallon should be subed today as he looked off sorts.
YES £300'000 would be excellent but we shouldn't be trying to force him to leave.

for me if he does nothing all game but then with 10mins to go pops up to score and make it 3.2 then he has done his job for me.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 01:14:16 »

p.s. on another note, no fucker can partner him up front which gets right on my tits because i like 4-4-2.

i do see what your saying, but keeping your options open is part and parcel of football.
Especially at our level.

At the moment Fallon is an STFC player and therefore we should all stick with him.
Even when i do say he should have been subed instead of Curo but then again i'm not the manager of STFC.
Thank fuck

adje

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 10:59:29 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
sorry but those who slate Fallon need fuckin shooting.
Fallon has been fucking imense for us this season.

He stuck with it when he wasn't getting picked and has come on well this season.

He has said he doesn't want to move and will sort out his contract at the end of the season. If we get relegated you can't say he never tried and if/when he moves then i'll give him a good send off.
He is better than Div 4 football and so diserves to be playing at a higher standard so if we get relegated and he leaves then so what. He hasn't lied to us or tried to string us along like Smith/Mooney did.

i know football is a fickle sport but ffs people get a fucking grip

Agree 100%.The way King fucked Fallon about last season was a disgrace but he rolled up his sleeves and got on with it-NEVER letting us down when he got a chance(Stockport,Wed etc).So he wants to see if we stay up-I dont blame him,a lot of players would have given up on Town last season under those circumstances.Lets face it if we do stay up it'll be down to him as much,if not more than anyone.I will continue to cheer him from the rafters and I will be turning up at Southend in my droves to do so!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 11:44:25 »

I think people are far too harsh on Fallon.

You would have to be a brilliant player to score 14 by January without trying. Okay he has been off the boil recently, but every player has a patch of bad form. Who knows, maybe Iffy will have a chat with him this week and next match he could come out looking to block every clearnace and charge players down.
Did he not block a clearance from the keeper yesterday?
DMR

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 11:58:24 »

Back to the ratings:

Evans- had no chance on either goal, otherwise sound- 7

Nicholas- thought he wasn't quite as good today, but solid at the back- 6

CCP- what a fucking powerhouse, real body on the line display, went missing for goal 1 though- 7

Ifil- tremendous I thought- 8

Jenkins- worked very, very hard and did alot of dirty work, fed Shakesy well- 7

Brown- quiet game but a much more solid display after the Gills debacle- 6

Migs- make him captain full stop, battled on through pain for the last part- 8

Gurney- this guy is a fucking psycho, who needs Smith?- 7

Shakes- everyone continues to slag him off, he's young, full of pace and running, direct, and got plenty of balls in- 9

Curo- thank fuck, took it brilliantly, couldn't believe Iffy took him off but well... 8

Fallon- fuck all until his goal which was very well taken- 6

Subs

Peacock- changed the game and scored- 8

Others, can't remember, Smith was tidy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: