Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lewis booed by Hull fans  (Read 2228 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 17:25:50 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/4183839.stm

Quick look on the 606 site and seems as if he's not terribly popular amongst Hull fans, the best comments being that he's an average squad player and the worst being that he's the worst player the club have had in the 29 years this fella has been going. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Whilst it's highly unlikely we'd stand a chance of signing him from any club Peter Taylor is at, do you think he'd have made much difference to our midfield this season?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 17:46:55 »

I'd love to have him, he's a quality player.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:36:25 »

I always said he was pap  Oops

Grafter yes, complete carthorse also yes
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:38:55 »

I thought he was overrated as well.

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 18:51:34 »

We must be able to do better than him. Lewis is on good wages at Hull as well in a follow on from his Leicester days. Thats probably part of the problem, the 'Bobby Howe 5 grand a week' effect in full swing.

I thought he was effective enough for us but Id turn my nose up.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:17:20 »

Unspectacular yes, but a superb midfield holding player and the closest thing you’ll get to a Viera type player at this level.

Every time he’s come into the side he has had a calming influence and stopped the rot the draw against Vale last season being a prime example.  Deschamps and Viera in the same post may be pushing the boat out a little bit too far but like the “water carrier” at his peak if he’s having a blinder you don’t tend to notice like a Terry Henry type player.  

Can’t be beat for commitment and I get the impression that’s off the pitch as well as on it.  Wages would scupper any deal I’d imagine but it would be a superb signing.

It’s funny as he was voted Leicester’s worst ever player and Hull fans where on his case from the moment he signed.  While most Town, Brighton and Gilliscum (who he helped get out of this league) all seem to rate him highly.

Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:41:40 »

Honestly, I think its because his gangly style annoys fans and is somewhat difficult to watch. For instance his legs dont move fast, but he has a huge stride and covers the ground well.

Like I said solid player.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 19:42:50 »

Like I said solid player

that's exactly why we need him!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: