Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gurney.....  (Read 2703 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 20:52:56 »

.....listening to 5live Swans v Reading.

0-0 at half time, Swansea defensive tightness being organised by Gurney playing a holding midfield role in front of a 4 in a 4-3-3.

So its not just King whohas strange ideas. :king  Light Bulb  :wall
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 20:57:32 »

why twice reg... its only gurney! :!:
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 21:38:41 »

Gurney is playing well. We shouldve kept him.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 00:46:38 »

Despite the amount of goals we seem to have conceded on last season, Gurney the player wouldn't have probably made that much difference.  

Jenkins seems a worthy enough replacement but perhaps having him still in the squad may well have prevented a lot of King's tinkering and may have just helped maintain more of a stable formation/side.

There is a good post from BigStan on the Adver regarding Saturday’s game that highlights the lack of defensive players on the bench.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/Forum_New/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19962

Hindsight is wonderful but it raises the point that we where without defensive cover and while King continues to ignore Nicholas and Robinson is out of favour it leaves us lacking in a defender King is willing to use.

strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 00:52:45 »

gurney never seemed to run all game

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 01:00:45 »

yes if only king would stop looking through his rose-tinted glasses.
I thought the whole point of bringing in jenkins was to add some experience to the defence, and have a decent right-back. Don't get me wrong Garrard has played well, but he needs a rest.

As for the nicho situation, one can't help but feel king has a grudge against him or something. Robbo prob wasn't brought off the bench because king wants him to go to county.

King has lost the plot i fear. last season he was more consistence in his use of tactics, but yet again his undeniable obsession with changing things too much is one of the reasons we are doing so badly compared to last season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: