Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barmy harmonies  (Read 1308 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 09:56:04 »

I got this magazine free with my Barmy Army t-shirt that my mum got me for Christmas.It was given away at the grounds during the summer and has a load of songs in it  Cool But the bit that caught my eye most was the review on The Ashes in 2002/03,here it is.

"Coming from a country afflicted by drought,bushfires,deadly creatures lurking here and there,a hole in the ozone layer,a virtually worthless currency,appalling haircuts,a dudious history,a complete absence of culture,girly-sized glasses,atrocious t.v,a disturbing inability to understand that football is a game played primarily with the feet,the misapprehension that swimming is a sport rather than a leisure acitivity,an obsession with what's going on in the UK [the country you're all so keen to say you're indepentent from],Savage garden,a music industry based around production-mill soap stars,the political importance of an amoeba on the global stage,a lack of the basic culinary skills required to cook decent bacon and sausages...

We are pleased for you that,despite all your problems,you still managed to beat a bunch of cripples at cricket.This year,it might not be so easy."

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: