Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swansea sign Leon Knight  (Read 6814 times)
fatbury

« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:25:38 »

ive said my bit .. we would be mad to sell him .. but we will!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:26:47 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
Yet.............

are you going to invest and the club and buy one then?

There isnt a need for that really is there? Can we stick to the real world please?

I am in the real world...

You said we havent got a striker with more skill than Rory yet...

That implied that you think there is a chance we could be bringing in a striker better than Rory, which we clearly wont because we dont have the money.

So if Rory goes then what would you suggest oh genius one?

Clone migs 11 times and place him in every position?
STFC Village

« Reply #62 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:27:05 »

Quote from: "decks-e-tow"
i can see exactly where jan is coming from though

fair enough it might be a bit blase to say "let him go we dont need him" because thats probably not the case because he is scoring goals that win us games (occasionally)

the fact is, he's not the best striker in the league, some probably dont see him as the best striker at the club but he is up top and his duty is to score, if he wasnt scoring then there'd be no point in him being there (unless he was setting up everyone else; which he isnt).

Remember when parkin was here how many times did people say "if it werent for parkin no one would ever score". i recon thats bollocks really, because fallon's scoring and he's distinctly average. if fallon were to leave i think there'd be a good chance someone would take over the goal scoring responsibilities, for fucks sake thats what footballers whole lives boil down to, their team scoring goals.

i see him as replaceable, not to say i'd like to see him leave because its a huge gamble considering he's the only fucker scoring. but it might be wise to cash in now while his tails up because we all know he can be reaaallly shight- and thats no good to anyone.
I actually agree with the negro
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:28:38 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

fair enough it might be a bit blase to say "let him go we dont need him" because thats probably not the case because he is scoring goals that win us games (occasionally)

the fact is, he's not the best striker in the league, some probably dont see him as the best striker at the club but he is up top and his duty is to score, if he wasnt scoring then there'd be no point in him being there (unless he was setting up everyone else; which he isnt).

Remember when parkin was here how many times did people say "if it werent for parkin no one would ever score". i recon thats bollocks really, because fallon's scoring and he's distinctly average. if fallon were to leave i think there'd be a good chance someone would take over the goal scoring responsibilities, for fucks sake thats what footballers whole lives boil down to, their team scoring goals.

i see him as replaceable, not to say i'd like to see him leave because its a huge gamble considering he's the only fucker scoring. but it might be wise to cash in now while his tails up because we all know he can be reaaallly shight- and thats no good to anyone.
I actually agree with the negro

I'd second that.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:28:59 »

Clap  Well put Decks, that is where I'm coming from.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:29:36 »

Yet.............

are you going to invest and the club and buy one then?

There isnt a need for that really is there? Can we stick to the real world please?

I am in the real world...

You said we havent got a striker with more skill than Rory yet...

That implied that you think there is a chance we could be bringing in a striker better than Rory, which we clearly wont because we dont have the money.

So if Rory goes then what would you suggest oh genius one?

There is no suggestion, if Rory goes he goes.

We will not replace him. We will have to hope that Cureton and Holgate can get 10 goals each, or that Roberts finds the effort.

If we sell him, we are throwing in the towel
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:30:17 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

I actually agree with the negro, oh and ban slavery

I'd second that. except maybe make all the slant eyes our slaves now

i love you guys

officially blacker than the night.
STFC Village

« Reply #67 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:31:07 »

McLovin

« Reply #68 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:33:31 »

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 14:35:38 »

Surely if I was going to clone me some players, id clone us a few Rooneys, Henrys and Terrys rather than Migz Wink
Asher

« Reply #70 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 15:32:10 »

Fucking hell some people on this site make me laugh.  Dave (DV) you need to realise he isnt all that, yeah hes scored goals but dex explained all that.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 15:35:20 »

The worst mistake we could make IMO is if we try too hard to keep a striker who doesn't want to be here.

Agreed, if he doesn't want to sign a new contract is he really going to be 100% committed to trying to save us from relegation and if not wouldn't we be better off cashing in and signing someone else.

We don't know whether Iffy will be given any money for a transfer fee but he will get the money for wages, Fallon is a decent player when on form but replaceable.
STFC Village

« Reply #72 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 15:35:26 »

Quote from: "Asher"
Dave (DV) .
His names is Danny, Ash
Asher

« Reply #73 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 15:41:58 »

I know but I like calling him dave!
STFC Village

« Reply #74 on: Friday, January 6, 2006, 15:42:52 »

Quote from: "Asher"
I know but I like calling him dave!