Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the verge of Victory - Test Match Special  (Read 3084 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 17:49:16 »

I remember watching Hoggard for Yorkshire a couple of years ago. He totally a new player since then.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:04:16 »

Interesting to see what the bowling attack will be for the 5th Test. I'd like to see that f the firts three but Jones, Giles and Harmy all have injury worries. I'd love it if Swindon born, Gloster boy Jon Lewis made his debut.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:07:39 »

I remember watching Jon Lewis last year in the twenty twenty cup. He can bat a bit can't he to? Is he classed as an all rounder?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:16:08 »

He can't bat. He's a number 11. Might slog a 40 or so once a year. One hell of a bowler though.
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:18:25 »

Lewis can't do any worse than Anderson with the ball, and as Blinkpip says, he is a decent lower order batsmen at county level at least. Bit pointless sending him all the way down there if there isn't a strong chance of getting a game - especially since they have the one-day players there now.
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:33:50 »

Matthew Hoggard can teach Anderson ans Harmy a thing or too about putting it on the dot 5 out 6 each over
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:45:32 »

I read elsewhere that Harmison looked like he was getting his rhythm back today, anyone got any thoughts...
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:48:19 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
I read elsewhere that Harmison looked like he was getting his rhythm back today, anyone got any thoughts...

His first spell was pretty tight then got spanked for about 50 off his next 7. Wicketless too.

Gibbs has got him running scared.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:51:25 »

I don't like GBH is scared of anyone he's just bowling shite. He's too good to go through an entire series without getting it together once. He'll do it in the last one.
DMR

« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:53:11 »

I don't like GBH is scared of anyone he's just bowling shite. He's too good to go through an entire series without getting it together once. He'll do it in the last one.

Or he had a one off good year and he's reverting to his old habits?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 18:55:41 »

Bowling that well for an entire year is not a fluke. You don't just lose the ability to bowl the way he did and never get it back again. The lad is pure gold and we just need some paitence. Thankfully Hoggy has stepped up when Harmison has gone through the dip in form which every cricketer goes through.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 17, 2005, 20:48:47 »

Interesting to see what the bowling attack will be for the 5th Test. I'd like to see that f the firts three but Jones, Giles and Harmy all have injury worries. I'd love it if Swindon born, Gloster boy Jon Lewis made his debut.

gloucestershire scum! :evil: bring back caddick!  Soapy Tit Wank
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 12:06:30 »

The coaching style of Ray Jennings will no doubt again be questioned. His aggressive methods, which caused the injury to his captain Graeme Smith during the warm-up on this Test's fourth morning, are controversial to say the least. If Smith's injury had been an unlucky accident Jennings could be forgiven, but this is the second time in two months that a player has been concussed courtesy of Jennings' warm-up bat. In Kanpur six weeks ago the unlucky man was Dippenaar. It is one thing having a hard nut as a coach, quite another having simply a nut.

South African Neil Manthrop writing for the Guardian.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: